Home

The process of scouting in Madden Franchise

This is a discussion on The process of scouting in Madden Franchise within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2021, 02:32 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: The process of scouting in Madden Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
The problem is scouting is just to easy, they tell you the projected round but the true round ratings of players, they give you definite grades to their attributes it’s just all so up front and easy. Wish scouting was more dynamic and they went back to player comparisons of the old days, add in COLLEGE STATS.

I totally agree with you. Especially basically give us the draft classes sorted by OVR is quite lazy.

BUT - especially after the early 1st rounders, the OVR isn't the most important factor. Difference from 2nd to 7th round is just around 4-5 OVR, that is easily manageable if you find a younger or physically superior player (or just a more important position like QB).

Of course with just some minor tweaks without a lot of effort, it could become much more interesting...
Old 05-19-2021, 08:13 AM   #10
Rookie

DatsunDimer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
You could make it easier and harder at the same time. For example, by giving users the ability to get a BUNCH of information on a few players, and have it more ambiguous on the rest. That would add a resource allocation challenge.

But for all draftees I feel like physical measurements should be known and college statistical output should be known, along with information about the context of those stats if the user spends the scouting resource points.
It would be nice if they could toggle advanced/beginner scouting as well going forward. Keep the current system for newbies if they want, but that system does nothing for the more experienced franchise player. I get not wanting to alienate new players by over complicating the mechanic.

I would like to know from the start of scouting some basic projections on a player, this includes most combine measurements/times. Heck, I wouldn't mind the physical information to be projected as well. Schools fudge height/weight all the time. All of this information would be unlocked during the combine/pro day part of the schedule.

This information unlock could create more big board movement and create many more variables on how scouting is addressed after the season. If the projections closely match testing, player could be a safer evaluation, the opposite could be true if projected information and testing vary widely. Having a college season play out in the background would also create board fluctuation as the scouting progressed.

Last thing that I would like to see would be the importance of medicals. Madden needs to badly address a wear & tear system for franchise. Implementing injuries into the background college season would be a cool feature.
Old 05-19-2021, 02:46 PM   #11
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsunDimer
It would be nice if they could toggle advanced/beginner scouting as well going forward. Keep the current system for newbies if they want, but that system does nothing for the more experienced franchise player. I get not wanting to alienate new players by over complicating the mechanic.

I can't think of anyone actually entertained by the current system. So, instead of allocating time to design an optional improvement, I think there should simply be the option to let your AI scout for you.

Quote:
I would like to know from the start of scouting some basic projections on a player, this includes most combine measurements/times. Heck, I wouldn't mind the physical information to be projected as well. Schools fudge height/weight all the time. All of this information would be unlocked during the combine/pro day part of the schedule.

Yeah, I agree. Physical stuff should all be completely unlocked at combine/pro day time. But having it as estimates prior could be fun. It would cause you to have to weigh choices on who you want to scout at a given time, knowing you may not be spending that scouting time on someone you'd ever draft.

But it can't vary too widely to me, because that wouldn't be very realistic.

Quote:

This information unlock could create more big board movement and create many more variables on how scouting is addressed after the season. If the projections closely match testing, player could be a safer evaluation, the opposite could be true if projected information and testing vary widely. Having a college season play out in the background would also create board fluctuation as the scouting progressed.
That would another interesting aspect to it. I think something similar could be done with kids from FCS schools. A lot more uncertainty, to get you those boom or bust guys.

Quote:

Last thing that I would like to see would be the importance of medicals. Madden needs to badly address a wear & tear system for franchise. Implementing injuries into the background college season would be a cool feature.
Yes, that would be a great addition.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »