Home

Are RBs worth the money

This is a discussion on Are RBs worth the money within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2021, 01:18 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Are RBs worth the money

In my franchise I need to decide if Dalvin Cook is worth re-signing. He is gaining 100+ yards/game but whenever my backup comes in, the numbers don’t seem to drop off. So what I’m asking you guys is: Are highly-rated backs worth spending money on? Or is it smarter to invest in upgrading other positions and use lower-rated backs?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2021, 01:40 PM   #2
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Are RBs worth the money

I’d say it really depends. I play as the Eagles and Miles Sanders was tearing it up. He got hurt for 6 weeks and I was left with Jordan Howard, Holyfield and I signed a low rated FA. The drop off was huge. Maybe your backup is better but has he had to play extended time or just as a sub type player getting a few carries a game? Realistically if there isn’t much drop off then I’d say let him walk and go with the other guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-19-2021, 02:38 PM   #3
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0

I'll spend on a guy that is an excellent route runner and has blazing speed. It's hard to replace the speed of a guy like Mostert. But it's not something that's necessary to have success on the ground.

However, if you have a guy that dominates linebackers in coverage, that's something worth keeping.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 05-19-2021, 02:41 PM   #4
MVP

^^ Also all things related to acceleration. I need my guys to hit top speed fast, and to not lose a lot when changing direction.

So basically, I'll spend big on a very fast, quick guy who can get open, because it's perfect for the scheme I run. Otherwise, not so much.

Old 05-19-2021, 02:58 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

Thank you guys for the input. I don’t have a big enough sample size to make the call yet. I’m only 3 weeks into the season so my backup has only had a small handful of carries. The problem is I need to decide on Cook’s extension now or risk losing him to free agency. I guess I’m just gonna have to roll the dice
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2021, 05:42 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by celticboy25
Thank you guys for the input. I don’t have a big enough sample size to make the call yet. I’m only 3 weeks into the season so my backup has only had a small handful of carries. The problem is I need to decide on Cook’s extension now or risk losing him to free agency. I guess I’m just gonna have to roll the dice
Trade him! If you're gonna let him go, try to get some draft compensation (unless the dead money is going to hurt you long term).

Old 05-19-2021, 06:19 PM   #7
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Definitely trade Cook. RBs do not have the value on the field to justify the salary cap hit. As noted above - find a RB with good catching and short route running; speed is a top attribute.
Old 05-20-2021, 08:34 AM   #8
Rookie

I've always been a running back by committee type of guy so I choose not to spend big money on the RB position.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »