Home

For Madden 22 June Becomes Prove It Month for Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on For Madden 22 June Becomes Prove It Month for Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2021, 11:10 AM   #17
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: For Madden 22 June Becomes Prove It Month for Franchise Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Agreed, but what are the reasons they aren’t happy? NBA 2K has the MyNBA game mode, it’s exactly what I want from madden and I can push one button to control all the teams when I start the mode lol.

Madden is missing so many things in franchise mode, even compared to those other games people aren’t happy with.

I don't play any of them regularly, with the exception of FIFA, so I'm not sure of the intricacies of their frustrations. But their conversations are the same as ours. They have things that are good in some ways, but lots of deficiencies and a lack of progression. With the way people talk about the show & 2k on here I was under the impression that their franchise modes were awesome, but it's just not the case. People just as unhappy with franchise in those games as we are with Madden.
Old 06-08-2021, 11:11 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Agreed, but what are the reasons they aren’t happy? NBA 2K has the MyNBA game mode, it’s exactly what I want from madden and I can push one button to control all the teams when I start the mode lol.

Madden is missing so many things in franchise mode, even compared to those other games people aren’t happy with.
If franchise mode was as deep and robust as MyNBA I can't imagine how anyone would complain about the mode unless nothing worked as intended. I'm not even a big NBA fan, but next gen NBA 2k21 is what I may consider the best sports game of all time. The gameplay on the court is solid, the CPU AI is solid, and the MyNBA mode depth is almost on the same level of a text sim like OOTP and blows any other console sports game away easily.

It isn't a perfect game, but if all sports games were on its level, I wouldn't have anything to complain about with any of them.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 06-08-2021, 11:29 AM   #19
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

People will vehemently disagree, but IMO super deep Franchise modes where a large percentage of those things don't work well is for me not better than a much shallower mode where things work as intended.

I'm a basketball person first, but I enjoy Madden exponentially more than NBA 2K because I'm not going to spend 3 months trying to get the game to play correctly and deal with so many things that don't work right in MyLeague and now MyNBA.

For many it seems like the attempt at making a deep mode is more important than how successful it was. For me if a lot the core aspects don't function well, then the depth is meaningless, I know that others feel very differently.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 06-08-2021, 12:08 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

2k's franchise does work. I have nearly 20 seasons done between 2 different franchises and outside of the initial setup I didn't have to do anything to make it work. Teams rise and fall, make moves that are believable, players progress, stars come out of nowhere, etc.

I control one team and the CPU does a solid job managing the rest and keeping my league fresh.

Obviously being deep, but broken is not what we want, but NBA 2k is not broken. People throw that term around all over this website because if something doesn't play out the way they think it should they automatically think the logic is terrible.

Imagine how many people would have rioted if in Madden 19 Tom Brady became a Buc after his contract expired. I literally remember seeing people get upset when he didn't retire and didn't resign with the Patriots in their franchises as if it was completely unbelievable.

Imagine if the Falcons traded Julio Jones for a 2nd and 4th round pick in people's franchises. They'd claim the trade AI is bonkers and the Falcons got fleeced.

I don't see completely awful logic in NBA or even Madden. Both could improve, but I don't dissect every transaction I see in these games because I know how unpredictable moves are in the real world.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 06-08-2021, 07:10 PM   #21
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Nice video. Great points are made. I think we all know from the leaked screen shot earlier this year a coaching carousel and OC/DC are in the works. I hop it is done well. Would love to see that as HC’s in the NFL are mostly short lived gigs unless you can win consistently year after year.

I would love for them to heavily focus on presentation on and off the field. We need EA to use the NFL or ESPN license and implement real true broadcast presentation. It is long overdue.

Injuries are a huge part of the week to week storylines and season storylines. We need dynamic, robust injury system like we had on NFL Head Coach 09. It is long overdue. NBA 2K has a great injury system with ratings for all body parts, frequency etc etc. Madden needs to really look at lingering injuries, career changing injuries, and a much better injury variety.

And last but not least. CPU AI. We have been beating this drum for a long time....and it made some good strides in terms of the QB’s on NG Madden. AI needs a real tune up. Also sideline awareness and he CPU being able to juke and spin properly. 2 minute offense, timeout awareness, 4 minute offense. I think we all agree....it needs to be worked on heavily.

I have a lot of optimism heading into Madden 22 on the PS5. It is the most optimistic I have been about Madden in a long time. I signed up for the Beta and am pumped to see what we have in store this cycle.
It's too bad injuries don't work in played games or are so very rare. No sports video games get injuries right imo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2021, 07:18 PM   #22

kehlis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJin2011tm
It's too bad injuries don't work in played games or are so very rare. No sports video games get injuries right imo.
Even real life doesn't get injuries right a lot of the time...
Old 06-08-2021, 09:11 PM   #23
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
I don't think you'll ever see Franchise Modes that deep again in Madden; and anyone, including myself, who desires to enjoy Madden for what it is now, we need to find a way to get past the past. That'll be up to the individual.
If people did what you suggest, there wouldn’t have been a franchise backlash, and we’d have no changes at all.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 06-08-2021, 09:18 PM   #24
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
If people did what you suggest, there wouldn’t have been a franchise backlash, and we’d have no changes at all.
How much closer did we get to Franchise looking like it did 15 years ago? Point I'm making is, thinking that Madden Franchise will ever go back to being as deep as let's say 2007 is like chasing a waterfall. So, if a person is going to be able to enjoy Madden for what it is right now, they need to get past 2007. It ain't coming back. That's a hard pill for me to swallow but it is what it is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »