Home

For Madden 22 June Becomes Prove It Month for Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on For Madden 22 June Becomes Prove It Month for Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2021, 07:35 PM   #33
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: For Madden 22 June Becomes Prove It Month for Franchise Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldude777
One thing I'm hoping for is that somebody or some people on the dev team have had some really cool ideas ready for franchise mode and they were licking their chops when the leaders said let's get rid of this #fixfranchise thing. That's why they were so quick to add a coaching carousel, and I would expect more that probably wouldn't ever have been on their agenda for M22 originally.
I don't know, but I know that every Franchise designer there has a dozen things that has gotten shot down or pruned from a version in the final planning stages over the years. This is hopefully the one year that a few more things were approved then normally would be even in a "big" Franchise year.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 06-11-2021, 03:53 AM   #34
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I don't think it's necessarily the #FixMaddenFranchise that led to it either.

I couldn't disagree with this any stronger.

How many years has it been with virtually zero real franchise upgrades?

I 100% believe that would have continued in perpetuity if it wasn't for that campaign, hence changing the name to "classic franchise."

The #fixmaddenfranchise social media campaign finally got the attention of the decision makers of the NFL and EA. We were dead in the water for good if that didn't happen.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 06-11-2021, 08:46 AM   #35
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeDunkz

I 100% believe that would have continued in perpetuity if it wasn't for that campaign, hence changing the name to "classic franchise."

The #fixmaddenfranchise social media campaign finally got the attention of the decision makers of the NFL and EA. We were dead in the water for good if that didn't happen.

100% this. Rex Dixon said he was shot down when he suggested taking a year to fix Franchise mode and gameplay.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2021, 09:16 AM   #36
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:

I do have to agree with that. I can assume they didn't plan on releasing 3 patches exclusive to Franchise, providing the plan for Madden 22 a year before release, then showing a "leak" of Coordinators. I don't think none of that was planned if it wasn't for #FixMaddenFranchise. I do think the "Classic" Franchise was because of Josh Looman leaving and him being one of the original architects of CFM.

Franchise obviously wasn't a high priority for Madden. I'm not going to speculate why. We pretty much went a whole generation with minimal changes to Franchise. Would they have made improvements to Madden 22's Franchise if not for #FixMaddenFranchise, I mean I would hope so. But, I think that it most likely made Franchise a bigger emphasis than it would had been. Plus I don't think Face of the Franchise isn't going to be a focus this year.

While the Franchise updates was appreciated, I don't want Franchise to follow the "Live Service" model. I don't want to be waiting months into the season for key Franchise features to be patched in. I want Franchise to be "complete" at launch and any later patches to be fixes. The "Live Service" model is okay for primarily online modes like MUT, Superstar KO, The Yard to keep the modes fresh throughout the year. But Franchise needs to be finished at launch. Even if you don't have to restart a Franchise for the patch to take effect, I'm still going to want to restart because that changed course of Franchise. Like with Trade Logic, that would have made a big difference year one, so I don't want to be getting it in year 4-5 .
Old 06-11-2021, 11:54 AM   #37
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Franchise should have several new features at launch every year, but it should definitely, IMO, also be part of the Live Service game model. Even in the best of times, a yearly release sports title is not going to be have all the features implemented, and perfectly tuned, at launch. Also playbooks updates, new scenarios, new abilities, new chemistries(when they add that to Franchise) should always get updated throughout the year, IMO.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 06-11-2021, 11:58 AM   #38
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:

I'm not saying it didn't have an impact, I personally believe coordinators were going to be coming regardless of the hashtag movement.

EA's way of developing franchise has been inconsistent, but they haven't been ignoring the mode completely over the years like many here act like they have. The mode just doesn't get a big feature every single year. It basically gets minor touches and then something like a Scenario Engine one year, then minor touches for a year or two, then another bigger feature.

We were due for another addition like coordinators being added and I think them working on the CFB game and likely doing work with the carousel for that game made this a great time to add something similar to Madden. They're essentially knocking out 2 birds with 1 stone in a sense.

I could be completely wrong. I'd say the hashtag made them take the idea more seriously and maybe it expedited the process by a year, but given the way EA works on franchise in the manner they do, and combining that with CFB being worked on and likely releasing within the next year or two, it was not a stretch to think we'd see an addition like this, even without the hashtag.

I think the hashtag's impact was seen more in the 3 big franchise patches and the addition of a lot of smaller things to the mode like the player card stats, a league history, playoff bracket, redone logic, etc. I believe the coordinators were coming regardless, but the movement forced EA to show the mode more attention last year and moving forward.

Having coordinators be added to the game and a potential carousel is too big of a feature for me to feel the movement made them suddenly greenlight the idea. I think it's been on the back burner for a little bit and when they got the okay on the CFB game that is what ultimately gave them the greenlight because it makes perfect sense for them to add it now as they work on the CFB version of coordinators and carousel so they can streamline the work better.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 06-11-2021, 12:44 PM   #39
Pro

spoofrice11's Arena

OVR: 3
They need to play MyLeague in NBA 2K.

I want to be able to customize my Franchise mode with how I want it. Replacing teams, re-aligning divisions, and more.

Also, I want more news on what is going on in my franchise. Weekly news on key things from Records, Injuries, Playoff battles, etc.
Old 06-11-2021, 12:49 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Franchise should have several new features at launch every year, but it should definitely, IMO, also be part of the Live Service game model. Even in the best of times, a yearly release sports title is not going to be have all the features implemented, and perfectly tuned, at launch. Also playbooks updates, new scenarios, new abilities, new chemistries(when they add that to Franchise) should always get updated throughout the year, IMO.
I do agree with that though. Stuff like that should always get updated throughout the year. My thinking was major core aspects being added in mid-year. Anything that can change course of a franchise. I don't mind new abilities being added in mid-Franchise because it's a way for newer generated players to stand out.

I won't even claim Coach Carousel until I see it confirmed. Just adding in fictional coordinators with attribute/xp boosts isn't enough to call it Coach Carousel. It would be nice to start as a Coordinator and work your way up to a HC job.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »