Home

lets give ea some kudos for this CFM upgrade

This is a discussion on lets give ea some kudos for this CFM upgrade within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2021, 12:24 PM   #17
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: lets give ea some kudos for this CFM upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Instant C1a55ic
I really can't give them credit for adding stuff back to the game that was already there like super fans, and then plugging some NCAA 14 stuff in there in regards to coaches, coach tree, and elements of the M factors.

Sure, they expanded on the M factors, but as always it's a wait and see if it works.

The big thing for me, is the CFM scenarios. We probably won't get anything in terms of hold outs, trade demands, or not wanting to be drafted by certain teams. Plus, 35 scenarios doesn't sound like a whole lot to me, and again it's a wait and see if/how it works.

Sent from my SM-F916U using Operation Sports mobile app
They could have just ignored it and continued down the path of nothing.

It is ok to say "Thank you EA, now you better keep it up".
Old 06-18-2021, 12:52 PM   #18
Rookie

ijumpedthegun's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Instant C1a55ic
I really can't give them credit for adding stuff back to the game that was already there like super fans, and then plugging some NCAA 14 stuff in there in regards to coaches, coach tree, and elements of the M factors.

Sure, they expanded on the M factors, but as always it's a wait and see if it works.

The big thing for me, is the CFM scenarios. We probably won't get anything in terms of hold outs, trade demands, or not wanting to be drafted by certain teams. Plus, 35 scenarios doesn't sound like a whole lot to me, and again it's a wait and see if/how it works.

It sounds like they finally brought Deuce (or some unnamed person similar to him) to work on the scenarios, so I actually do have some optimism that it'll pan out.
Old 06-18-2021, 12:53 PM   #19
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

Thank them for what? Only doing something because of the negative press?

That 0.2 metacritc score, and Twitter should be thanked first.

MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 06-18-2021, 12:57 PM   #20
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijumpedthegun
It sounds like they finally brought Deuce (or some unnamed person similar to him) to work on the scenarios, so I actually do have some optimism that it'll pan out.
Don't get me wrong, im all for scenarios, just not getting my hopes up. I was all happy when the engine was implemented, but it feel flat, and was really bland. I'm just overly cautious, and IMO with good reason.

MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 06-18-2021, 02:12 PM   #21
Rookie

I understand wanting to praise people but you shouldn't get praise for finally improving something after 5-8 years of incremental progress that also has been a regression of how the mode was three console generations ago. It is nice to see certain things implemented, but it is also bittersweet when I can load up a Madden or 2K on the PS2, NCAA on PS2 or 360, and see much of what they are talking about for franchise and on the field with momentum. The shouldn't be praised for fatigue working again when it worked in Madden 16 and hasn't worked since. I get people wanting to be positive but, idk, especially since the game ain't even out yet. It's a little disappointing for the only adjustments and additions to franchise being....things that have been in previous games.

Some people like to crack on others who make fun of the fact that EA will give consumers back old features and treat em like its a new toy but that's exactly what is happening here lol. Hopefully the small adjustments make their way to the gameplay as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2021, 02:23 PM   #22
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

lol i know this is negativity season but these comments pretending like m22 is a rehash of a game we've had in the past is laughable. Of course the game isn't full of all the features and things we want, but this is progress. They don't need to be paraded around the world like heroes for finally updating franchise, but scoffing at every improvement for one reason or another is just counterproductive. They're finally paying attention to franchise, let's give them credit for that while continuing to hold them accountable to keep moving in this direction in the future.
Old 06-18-2021, 02:25 PM   #23
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

I'll give EA kudos for putting effort into franchise mode and backing it up. Even if everything isnt perfect, which it won't be, I appreciate the effort and transparency on where they want to go. I'm a veteran at this now so I'm not blown away or anything but I like what I have seen and heard so far. I'm preordering the game to "put my money where my mouth" is. I'm good with Maddens gameplay. I care about franchise mode. When effort is put there I'll do my small part and show in a metric that matters and buy the game.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-18-2021, 02:27 PM   #24
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

I've been one of the biggest supporters of bashing EA when it's necessary over the years, but damn some of you guys are ridiculous and impossible to make happy.

Some of you are the definition of why a company would say "well they're never happy anyway so let's just not do anything".

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »