Home

Swami interview with Bengal Franchise news

This is a discussion on Swami interview with Bengal Franchise news within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2021, 03:46 PM   #9
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Swami interview with Bengal Franchise news

Listening to this helped explain a few things I was seeing in the beta with staff management with the coaching trees. It also got me more excited for the finished game and especially scouting. It really looks to me like they're using a lot of duece Douglas mock ups as inspiration for they're changes to franchise especially scouting.

Sent from my LE2125 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-23-2021, 03:48 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Calling JPDavis. He was always next level with his cliffsnotes in prior years. I'd love to get a breakdown with this as I'll likely not listen to it anytime soon.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 06-23-2021, 04:02 PM   #11
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Calling JPDavis. He was always next level with his cliffsnotes in prior years. I'd love to get a breakdown with this as I'll likely not listen to it anytime soon.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I am not JP but some of the real key points here:

Coaching Trees : You cannot unlock all of the perks!! Pick a tree Right left or center....and that is the path you are taking. So really look over the trees and the direction you want to go in building your team/staff/team identity and front office style.

This is a big deal. Why? Replayability is now for real. You can try different things with different franchises.

Scouting is being completely revamped. It is not what it used to be. The update will enable you to hire scouts both regional and a national. It looks like you can hire up to 5 (do not know 100%) that have different levels of experience, a tier level (the video shows 3 Tier levels) as well as positional expertise. The players abilities and rank will go up and down as the scout learns more about the player. Also there will be a mock draft feature.

Another cool thing tying into player personal perks.....you can gain abilities to be able to trade up in the draft easier on the wheeler and dealer tree (name of the tree is a place holder and not final), make it easier to deal for players 30 years of age or older, make it easier to get hometown discounts on different levels of players based on their ratings. For example Players rated 75 OVR or less will be more likely to give you a hometown discount. Or earn a perk for 85 OVR to do the same.

Again you can’t have all of them. Only one path on the tree can be taken for OC/DC/PP and head coach. So figure out which tree path you want for each coach/coordinator/player personel before spending it.

Progressive Fatigue and practice injuries will make you really think about what is more important for that week. Making sure you max out your boosts to help your gameplan focus? Or keeping a tired Tom Brady healthy that week by not having him practice or...have him split the reps with his back up. Will you go full pads in week 8 with your defense at 60% health level and risk an injury or two or three in practice before a huge game? Or go half pads and all the back ups practice and go into that big game not as prepared and focused.

Different players are also at different fatigue levels. You may have DeAndre Hopkins near full health but Kyler Murray is at 85%. He will never get above 85% in that weeks game BTW. And can drop more for the following week.

Guys......they are doing things here. Making each week a chess match. Making you manage the fatigue levels each week, manage the practice reps, intensity and focus, and a totally revamped scouting system which for me was a monster ask. Scouting to me needed a total revamp.

My hope is they can build off the weekly progressive fatigue, expand the lingering injuries and even get more into the injury system being more dynamic.

A lot of big steps and a new foundation to build off of moving forward on next gen.

Hope this helps you. But I say watch the video......it is a good one.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 06-23-2021 at 04:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2021, 04:45 PM   #12
Pro

Brooklynbks4's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
This was the actual Franchise Deep Dive. If you listen to the entire thing you will get a lot of nice nuggets. Folks can hate what has been done, because reasons, but if you say that they haven't added a lot to the mode, you're just lying.
Exactly I'm all for being cautiously optimistic as EA deserves the smoke for its franchise mode. But this is the biggest leap in franchise since Madden 05 owner mode for me. Still a big hill to climb but its a big improvement. We wont get all the features in one year but continue this momentum EA!!!
Old 06-23-2021, 04:58 PM   #13
MVP

eric7064's Arena

OVR: 1

Love to see anything moving the ball towards franchise. This is great.

Mlb the show take note! NBA and Madden are miles ahead.
Old 06-23-2021, 06:21 PM   #14
Banned

Great interview. Kudos to madden for looking to make these improvements but this all seems to start to get too arcadey for my liking. I'd prefer something straight forward with performance based progression but this system of using points and perks to convince a team to like your players is too much for me.
Old 06-23-2021, 06:31 PM   #15
Rookie

I don’t like the progressive fatigue system. In the first game of the season, half of my players were out of the game in the fourth quarter and I was only down by 3. There was no way to get them back into the game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2021, 06:39 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoldGamer144
I don’t like the progressive fatigue system. In the first game of the season, half of my players were out of the game in the fourth quarter and I was only down by 3. There was no way to get them back into the game
turn it off.. thats your option

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »