Home

Madden NFL 22 Dynamic Gameday Video Reveals Improvements For AI, Core Gameplay, Player Movement & More

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 22 Dynamic Gameday Video Reveals Improvements For AI, Core Gameplay, Player Movement & More within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2021, 02:02 PM   #33
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 22 Dynamic Gameday Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalker86
Anyone seen if sim stats in franchise will reflect this new AI too?

Sim stats were not calibrated in the beta. QB stats both passing and rushing were not good not were WR numbers.

In fact it was bad. So I gotta believe it is not finished.

It was a raw beta to be honest. They wanted to get the new player movement and franchise features out there for feedback.

We gave a ton of feedback on Madden Voice so hopefully they read it.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 06-29-2021, 02:02 PM   #34
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalker86
Anyone seen if sim stats in franchise will reflect this new AI too?
Bad results from what I have seen, but... I doubt they are tuned at all, ratings are all over the damn place which would cause issues too, so will save the real look for retail build.
Old 06-29-2021, 02:07 PM   #35
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Time will tell.
It most certainly will. Hate to sound ultra cliche but M22 looks like another step in the right direction. I think M23 will be the leap as far as physics are concerned or at least I hope so.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2021, 02:35 PM   #36
Pro

ReturnoftheTmac's Arena

The SIM stats is super concerning to me as it’s never seemed to be a priority to them. HOPEFULLY it’s tuned by the time the game comes out, but gotta wait and see cuz it’s a dealbreaker for me. Also, I’m surprised end of half/game CPU gameplay isn’t a bigger deal to people. Isn’t that that supposed to be the most intense/ best part of the game? When everything’s on the line and the heart is racing, but with the CPU playing with no awareness or urgency the games most critical moments feel unimportant and bland.
Old 06-29-2021, 02:41 PM   #37
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
In the interview with Mazique, Clint and Connor made it pretty clear that they believe philosophically in the hybrid animation/physics model that they are currently using and although the percentage balance may change over time, they're most likely never going to a pure physics system so the physics folks have to decide if that works for them or not.
Good info! Honestly, if they were to slant that "percentage" heavily toward physics then I'd say that would qualify as "physics-based" gameplay without being a "pure physics system". I think it is unrealistic to expect animations not to be involved beyond a negligible extent.
Old 06-29-2021, 03:02 PM   #38
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

How many times are they going to tout improved sideline reactions as a new addition, all while giving us those same dead sidelines that have been in the game for years now? It's becoming comical. Maybe they look better in the actual game, but from what I saw in the trailer, it sure looks like more of the same to me.
Old 06-29-2021, 03:07 PM   #39
Rookie

GoBlue7's Arena

I love NG21 and have been thinking of skipping 22 but it definitely looks promising. Unfortunately, all of the gameplay improvements will be for nothing if they patch it all out within a month of the game releasing. See last gen version of 21 that played really well at launch and got progressively worse as the updates hit..
Old 06-29-2021, 03:09 PM   #40
Rookie

Dblock1111's Arena

OVR: 1

I think I already know the answer but I wasn't able to get in the beta, can anyone that did tell me if, with the expanded staff and gameplanning stuff, they added in the slider for Run vs Pass offense/Defense back in?

I've always felt like this small feature really gave me so much control over how I wanted my different franchises and dynasties to sim. If I had a year with bad receivers or a QB with a bad arm, I could crank the slider over to Run Offense and lean on my RB and OL.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »