Home

Breaking Down Every Team's Home Field Advantage, Gameday & Momentum Factors

This is a discussion on Breaking Down Every Team's Home Field Advantage, Gameday & Momentum Factors within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2021, 01:00 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Breaking Down Every Team's Home Field Advantage, Gameday & Momentum Factors

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
I can answer as it pertained to the beta..

The game starts and there is 3 boosts that the home team can get. The away team can get 2. The first level is the stadium specific boost that you see. It’s very easy for the home team to gain that soon as momentum is on their side.

The other two you got to gain a bit of momentum to unlock and they could include different things like better coverage ratings for home or away team depending who has the momentum… receiver icons disappear… etc. Basically, the 2 other boosts are both home and away and depending who has the momentum, that side gets the bonus, there are ratings and gameplay boosts.

There are also game day perks or whatever they are called. At Indy, for example, I had one called quality turf which allowed for slightly faster direction change. At Baltimore, there was a perk that gave slight acceleration to players.

The game day perks aren’t related to the momentum but rather the stadium and gives a variety paying at different stadiums. It will also change depending on the weather and time, etc.. I’m pretty certain but don’t quote me on the last part. I just noticed gameday perks aren’t always the same at Indy (wasn’t always quality turf as the boost).
This is what I was looking for. It all sounds good to me. The Gameday Factors are a welcome surprise.

I love the idea of players performing better in rivalry games, momentum swings being more extreme in those games. It will be nice to see if the game recognizes when you're in a playoff race and those games have some Gameday Factors related to the pressure on one or both teams.

I also can't help but get excited about these features potentially making it to the CFB game. The Miami-FSU games always used to play so much faster it felt like. Faster, harder hitting. I can see these types of mechanics being added to that game and leading to rivalry games actually feeling like rivalry games.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 06-30-2021, 02:02 PM   #10
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TecmoZack
This is pretty cool. I like it a lot.

But for my Cowboys??? Wut? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

They said that they specifically gave teams that don't have a real life home field advantage worse boosts to reflect accurately. Nobody is afraid of going to jerry world.
Old 06-30-2021, 02:16 PM   #11

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Punters have to kick lower than they would at other places which could cause their distance to go down (which I assume next gen stats verify this).

Would rather see Cowboys with something better though lol. But a shorter punt could be a big deal.

Better than my Colts, we get to see the hat count. Yay.

Wouldn’t lower trajectory punts go further?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2021, 02:30 PM   #12
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Not quite what I meant. From my understanding, they are pulling back on their power, thus keeping the ball lower but not with the same amount of power of their normal punt (example of outdoors, they could kick a booming punt that is high and carries vs Dallas, they have to kick it not as high with less power which would travel less). They still want a hanging punt, it’s not like you kick rockets. You want to give your men time to get down the field and not just give the returner an open field. Lower might’ve been the wrong wording. They can’t do a booming hanging kick like you would elsewhere. Corrected my wording on the original post.

Last edited by TheBleedingRed21; 06-30-2021 at 02:46 PM.
Old 06-30-2021, 03:19 PM   #13
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
This.

R=u^2 cos(θ)

R -> 0 as θ -> 90

Quote:
Not quite what I meant. From my understanding, they are pulling back on their power, thus keeping the ball lower but not with the same amount of power of their normal punt (example of outdoors, they could kick a booming punt that is high and carries vs Dallas, they have to kick it not as high with less power which would travel less). They still want a hanging punt, it’s not like you kick rockets. You want to give your men time to get down the field and not just give the returner an open field. Lower might’ve been the wrong wording. They can’t do a booming hanging kick like you would elsewhere. Corrected my wording on the original post.
Also this.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 06-30-2021, 03:24 PM   #14
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

Quote:
And I'm assuming this is to simulate the giant scoreboard in the middle of the dome? If so that's actually hilarious. Least to me it is

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html
Old 06-30-2021, 03:42 PM   #15
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed1417
And I'm assuming this is to simulate the giant scoreboard in the middle of the dome? If so that's actually hilarious. Least to me it is

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Yeah that’s why I said they kick “lower”, meaning they cannot boom it otherwise it could hit the scoreboard. That’s why if you watch a lot of Dallas home games, they even mention this in commentary lol.

The video game probably doesn’t allow you to actually hit it, so by limiting punt distance, kinda simulates pulling back a little to keep the punt low enough to not hit it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2021, 04:39 PM   #16
Rookie

brettmickey's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC
The Bills ones is actually based on a true story. The Bills ST coaches used to open up a specific set of doors to create a wind tunnel effect when opponents were kicking and close them when the Bills did.

I think some teams should have seasonal home field advantages as well. Miami, Tampa, and Jax should have more HFA in the early part of the season and Buffalo, Chicago, GB moreso in the later, but that might be a balance issue.
Not only that, but it has consistently been difficult to kick in Buffalo regardless of what coaches were doing. For example, just look at the two home playoff games they hosted this past season. Rodrigo Blankenship went 1/2 in the wild card game, missing a 33 yard field goal that went off the post that was kicked towards the open end of the stadium. One week later, Justin Tucker went 1/3 including two kicks that went off the upright in the 40 yard range.

It takes time to learn how to kick at the stadium, mostly due to the field being 50 feet below ground level which causes the wind to swirl circularly in the lower bowl. It’s not uncommon to see the two flags at the top of the uprights blowing in two separate directions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »