Home

Breaking Down Every Team's Home Field Advantage, Gameday & Momentum Factors

This is a discussion on Breaking Down Every Team's Home Field Advantage, Gameday & Momentum Factors within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2021, 01:58 PM   #33
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Breaking Down Every Team's Home Field Advantage, Gameday & Momentum Factors

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
TRIGGER WARNING: 49ers fans should look away!

Ahhhhh the Ray Rice Home Field Advantage Perk.
Old 07-01-2021, 06:58 PM   #34
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Hey not trying to pick a fight. You very well may be right about the repetitive nature over the course of a multi year franchise. So I can see that potentially becoming something of a drag.

But where I disagree with you is your take that is feels H2H and an arcade like feature in nature.

It was a great addition for simulation minded franchise players IMO and I played with it.

I feel you are just being too presumptive without having actually played it.

All good. Not being emotional at all
All good. I'm sure it will be quite the experience the first few times and it will take a lot of gameplay I imagine to experience them all. I'm not trying to shoot it down, any sort of uniqueness added to the game is a good idea. I just worry it isn't going to work well with how I play the game personally and I'm not really seeing how it meshes with CFM specifically.

FWIW I had similar concerns with xfactors etc and I still play with those on.
Old 07-01-2021, 08:05 PM   #35
Pro

The EVHL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
All good. I'm sure it will be quite the experience the first few times and it will take a lot of gameplay I imagine to experience them all. I'm not trying to shoot it down, any sort of uniqueness added to the game is a good idea. I just worry it isn't going to work well with how I play the game personally and I'm not really seeing how it meshes with CFM specifically.

FWIW I had similar concerns with xfactors etc and I still play with those on.
I agree with you man. I also understood what you were saying about the H2H comment. A lot of these HFA's seem designed around the current team, it's players, it's style which we all know could change in the future (CFM) so it seems like a feature more to make "play now" or "H2H with NFL teams" deeper modes without taking into account 5-10 years into a CFM mode.

It's a good start for sure. I like that they're thinking of these things. I hope it becomes deeper, more granular, and dynamic in the future. I am a fantasy drafting, 32-team offline guy who likes playing the playoffs but lets the CPU and league kind of make all of the other transactions and coaching decisions play out (I wish we could have the CPU trade for user controlled teams) so these team-composition specific HFA's don't really mesh with that style of CFM.

It's a fair critique. It doesn't mean people like us hate it or don't want these features to continue on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2021, 08:16 PM   #36
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

I'm not super active around here so I forget that words like "gimmick" and "arcadey" etc have strong connotations so that probably did come on stronger than I meant. I just think sometimes stuff gets added to Madden which doesn't have a lot of thought for how it impacts multi year franchises, and it can often result in a worse experience because of that.

H2H is probably not the best example but I basically just meant it seems designed for modes that are snapshots of time like play now, H2H etc. This feature actually seems like it would kick *** in a situational mode where you take control of the road team and have to battle through scenarios where the home team has momentum. Sort of like an old school survival mode or something. I don't play it but I thought Madden had a mode a bit like that already? Not to say that's only where this feature would work, but that seems like an ideal pairing.
Old 07-02-2021, 11:04 AM   #37
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
I hope the home field advantage isn’t just limited to the boosts you get and you can audibly hear the crowd getting rowdy
I'll never forget the '96 NFCC Game.

The game was pretty close in the 1st Q.. Favre floated a jump ball to Dorsey Levens... you could hear the crowd collectively hold their breath (~60,000 people..) then they audibly exploded when Levens caught the td pass in the corner of the endzone.

THAT is what we need from the crowd.

I'm with NZA. If your team is stacked, you don't need any additional advantage. If this leads to winning by 3 tds instead of winning by 10, this is is going to get old in a hurry.

Last edited by Madden08PCgmr; 07-02-2021 at 11:07 AM.
Old 07-03-2021, 06:27 AM   #38
Pro

At first I was concerned stadiums were now getting arcade-ish Superstar and X-Factor abilities, but after watching this and another video on HFA, I'm feeling better about it. Most of them seem reasonable with a few head scratchers (Chargers, Cowboys, Jags, Colts, Bengals, Lions, Vikings, and Jets/Giants).
Old 07-03-2021, 01:41 PM   #39
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Washington and the 49ers have the exact same one.

And "changing" is misspelled in both icons for them.

I don't hate the particular HoA for the 49ers, since when things are wet, historically road teams have struggled on the grass. But things have been better the last couple of years.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 07-03-2021, 02:21 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
Washington and the 49ers have the exact same one.

And "changing" is misspelled in both icons for them.

I don't hate the particular HoA for the 49ers, since when things are wet, historically road teams have struggled on the grass. But things have been better the last couple of years.
Away teams complain about the ground being too soft and the grass being too long at FedEx Field.

I still find some of these advantages a bit silly, but we will see how they work when it releases.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »