Home

Madden 22 Beta Impressions: The Good, the Bad, and the Promising

This is a discussion on Madden 22 Beta Impressions: The Good, the Bad, and the Promising within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2021, 04:55 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Heading into the Madden 22 beta, I was not exactly sure what to expect from EA's...

Written By: Josh Houtz

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2021, 05:13 PM   #2
Rookie

Big Bankhead's Arena

OVR: 0
With the way scouting has been changed, I wonder if if wouldn’t be optimal to use custom classes anymore. I’m excited about all of these upcoming updates but I am also tempering my expectations. I hope everything is implemented correctly and with as few bugs as possible. With the way gameplay feels, I hope they don’t break and nerf it to the ground. I think it’s long overdue for Tiburon to add in the option to use whatever version of the game you want like NHL does.*
"If you look good, you feel good. If you feel good, you play good. If you play good, they pay good." - Deion Sanders #21

Ravens!
Lakers!
Yankees!

PSN: Spartan387
XBGT: KobraTheKing
Old 07-02-2021, 06:07 PM   #3
Pro

ReturnoftheTmac's Arena

Re: Madden 22 Beta Impressions: The Good, the Bad, and the Promising

I know you can say it’s the beta and they’ll probably fix it, but I can’t buy that. Simulated stats in franchise has only gotten worse in this beta. Sure it’s a beta, but Qb rushing stats has been broke for a couple madden’s now and nothing has been done. So I can’t help but not wanna give the benefit of the doubt with regards to sim stats. Hope I’m wrong tho.

Also, the CPU AI on offense in the end of halves and the game is still subpar. Those are the biggest moments of the game and I wanna feel the immersion and tension, but it’s hard to when the CPU is basically giving me the game with their horrid clock management and play calls.
Old 07-02-2021, 07:52 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

My experience with the beta is pretty similar to this wright up. This is probably the first Madden since I was a wee lad in which i felt EA actually over delivered.

The one thing that I would question would be the penalties though. You said: “I noticed more penalties and challenges that made the game feel more immersive.” I saw almost no penalties in the 2 weeks of playing the beta. On average, many penalties were you seeing a game?
Old 07-02-2021, 07:58 PM   #5
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmetcalfe
My experience with the beta is pretty similar to this wright up. This is probably the first Madden since I was a wee lad in which i felt EA actually over delivered.

The one thing that I would question would be the penalties though. You said: “I noticed more penalties and challenges that made the game feel more immersive.” I saw almost no penalties in the 2 weeks of playing the beta. On average, many penalties were you seeing a game?
Penalties seemed to only work when you cranked up the penalty sliders in my time with the beta.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2021, 08:55 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmetcalfe

This is because AWR rating is factored into the Penalty formula for triggering.
Most all starters on every team have an 80’ish+ AWR rating which lowers the chance of triggering.
- lower AWR rated players with Undisciplined Trait will trigger often
Old 07-03-2021, 12:48 PM   #7
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
This is because AWR rating is factored into the Penalty formula for triggering.

Most all starters on every team have an 80’ish+ AWR rating which lowers the chance of triggering.

- lower AWR rated players with Undisciplined Trait will trigger often

If they would simply look at how Madden 16 tuned their penalties (was the best version of Madden in terms of variety and frequency) I would be cool.

So since it is tied to Awareness increase/decrease the dice roll odds to see a more realistic number of penalties to be called on higher awareness players.

It just needs a tune up. Ever since Madden 17 that area of the game has been meh.

Get back to that more “simulation mode” on simulation mode.

It’s not horrible on Madden 21 but it absolutely can be better on Madden 22.

I am also not in the camp that 99 penalty sliders affect gameplay. So I have no problem doing that if that’s what it takes.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 07-03-2021, 12:58 PM   #8
Banned

Just telling you all now, lower your expectations. Played the beta with an open mind and I won’t be buying the game. The franchise changes make it more of a pointless grind that will be skipped sooner than later. Of course I haven’t tried the scouting tho.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »