Home

How do we get attention on critical gameplay item for 22?

This is a discussion on How do we get attention on critical gameplay item for 22? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2021, 06:44 PM   #9
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: How do we get attention on critical gameplay item for 22?

Some might say that it's semantics as everyone know what it means, but it's really single player or vs the CPU instead of offline. We don't what the actual percentage of people who play offline is now, but I'm guessing that it's below 25%. OS is an extreme outlier in terms of the number of people who play offline.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 07-13-2021, 08:30 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Some might say that it's semantics as everyone know what it means, but it's really single player or vs the CPU instead of offline. We don't what the actual percentage of people who play offline is now, but I'm guessing that it's below 25%. OS is an extreme outlier in terms of the number of people who play offline.
Sorry, but I do not understand your comment. EA stated that 80% of games played are offline. So we do in fact know that offline is utilized far more than what many people have thought.

I do not understand why you are saying it is below 25%.

I am probably just misreading your comment, but I am not sure what you are getting at.
Old 07-13-2021, 08:35 PM   #11
MVP

Quote:
From what EA wrote in the gridiron notes a week ago.

“Over the last two years, the vast majority of all games played in Madden NFL have been against AI opponents. But frankly, we had not been investing in those experiences as much as head-to-head games.”

https://www.ea.com/games/madden-nfl/...ynamic-gameday
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2021, 10:27 PM   #12
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
Sorry, but I do not understand your comment. EA stated that 80% of games played are offline. So we do in fact know that offline is utilized far more than what many people have thought.

I do not understand why you are saying it is below 25%.

I am probably just misreading your comment, but I am not sure what you are getting at.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatoes002
From what EA wrote in the gridiron notes a week ago.

“Over the last two years, the vast majority of all games played in Madden NFL have been against AI opponents. But frankly, we had not been investing in those experiences as much as head-to-head games.”

https://www.ea.com/games/madden-nfl/...ynamic-gameday
I only play vs the AI. I never play offline. I play solo cloud(online) Franchise. I imagine that most solo Franchise players play cloud as well. I'm pretty sure that FotF and MUT(solo play) are cloud based modes, i.e. online.

Like I said it's not that big of a deal, but vs AI opponents ≠ offline.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 07-14-2021, 10:15 AM   #13
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
I only play vs the AI. I never play offline. I play solo cloud(online) Franchise. I imagine that most solo Franchise players play cloud as well. I'm pretty sure that FotF and MUT(solo play) are cloud based modes, i.e. online.

Excellent points. Your way of playing mirrors mine as well.... vs AI but technically online.

Another important distinction is that playing vs AI opponents ≠ playing Franchise. I don't play much MUT, but a lot of that mode is built off of Human vs AI challenges. That's another important reminder of why the game styles (sim, comp, arcade) need to get more specialized tuning and attention. People that play MUT vs AI aren't generally looking for competitive AI and good decision making, they're looking for a challenge completion to get to the end reward.
Old 07-14-2021, 12:25 PM   #14
MVP

coachmac75's Arena

So personally only mode i play is franchise and exclusively online.

Madden 21 was pretty good in fact we are still actively playing in my lg in July so it says a lot.

My main expectation is with IA pursuits angles and attacking ball runners.

This video highlights my biggest gameplay issue in madden, more specifically the FS who has these weird moves instead of attacking ball carrier resulting in 5 extra yards Of gain.

This and the presnap DB switches are my main expectations as far as gameplay is concerned.

https://youtu.be/a6PxbadAU00

"Sad to say but trades in madden leagues come down to who can take the most advantage of the dumbest users" Jack Wallace

Last edited by coachmac75; 07-14-2021 at 12:27 PM.
Old 07-14-2021, 02:05 PM   #15
Pro

It's the opposite for me... I am an offline solo vs AI franchise person. Are you saying that if I played online solo vs AI, that the AI is different? Or am too sleep deprived to get it?

My reason for not playing online is simple: with work and an active 9 year old, I simply do not have the hours to play as I did in the past. The last thing I need is to finally get a chance to play a game but have to deal with "EA Services Not Available."

But if there is a different experience, I will definitely chance it.

Quote:

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2021, 02:47 PM   #16
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennylc321
It's the opposite for me... I am an offline solo vs AI franchise person. Are you saying that if I played online solo vs AI, that the AI is different? Or am too sleep deprived to get it?

My reason for not playing online is simple: with work and an active 9 year old, I simply do not have the hours to play as I did in the past. The last thing I need is to finally get a chance to play a game but have to deal with "EA Services Not Available."

But if there is a different experience, I will definitely chance it.
I can't answer your question directly but I do know that certain patch fixes and tweaks come to madden online games faster than to the consoles themselves....at least in the past. I also thought these fixes make it down to the actual games via a patch eventually. I never thought it was something like "the AI is better online than offline" but I could be wrong. I play offline because I like to have branching saves of my franchise in the event something get's corrupted.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »