Home

Breaking Down Every Team's Home Field Advantage, Gameday & Momentum Factors

This is a discussion on Breaking Down Every Team's Home Field Advantage, Gameday & Momentum Factors within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2021, 12:10 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Breaking Down Every Team's Home Field Advantage, Gameday & Momentum Factors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4mHjTqqwNc

From Eric Rayweather
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2021, 12:19 PM   #2
Armchair GM

TecmoZack's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Breaking Down Every Team's Home Field Advantage, Gameday & Momentum Factors

This is pretty cool. I like it a lot.

But for my Cowboys??? Wut? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

On the Xbox - xPonchoChief
Old 06-30-2021, 12:29 PM   #3
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TecmoZack
This is pretty cool. I like it a lot.

But for my Cowboys??? Wut? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Punters have to kick with less power than they would at other places which could cause their distance to go down (which I assume next gen stats verify this).

Would rather see Cowboys with something better though lol. But a shorter punt could be a big deal.

Better than my Colts, we get to see the hat count. Yay.

Last edited by TheBleedingRed21; 06-30-2021 at 02:36 PM.
Old 06-30-2021, 12:29 PM   #4
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3

Lots of cool stuff in here. Heinz Field is truly a BIG home-field advantage. The Steelers play like a completely different team at home. The same can be said of the Chiefs at Arrowhead, the Packers at Lambeau, and the Seahawks at Lumen Field. It's awesome to see Madden finally implement a homefield advantage. As a side note, this is a feature that enhances Franchise mode too. Think of how much more vital it will be in the playoff race to have home-field advantage or at least 1 home playoff game. It could spark your Super Bowl run! I love this.
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Old 06-30-2021, 12:45 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Maybe this has been covered elsewhere or even possibly in this video, I skipped through it with no audio, but I'm assuming that the items showcased were just the stadium specific bonuses and that there is more to the momentum mechanic?

Is there a base boost for every game that the team with momentum gets? Like in the older NCAA games that had a momentum meter where the home team would get momentum and that would lead to the entire team getting a ratings boost. Is that sort of mechanic also a part of this new momentum system or are teams literally only receiving these specific bonuses seen in the video?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

to be clear I see the momentum factors that exist for both teams like a QB being rattled or be immune to pressure. I'm asking if it is just these smaller momentum factors and the homefueld advantages that are specific to each team or if a team that has the momentum also gets a basic boost to their ratings

I like that there are specific momentum factors and that each stadium has a specific advantage as well, but maybe it is the NCAA/Choops 2k8 fan in me, but I'd also like to see that whichever team has the momentum sees the entire team getting a slight ratings boost to play better as well.

― Plato

Last edited by canes21; 06-30-2021 at 12:56 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2021, 12:53 PM   #6
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

The Bills ones is actually based on a true story. The Bills ST coaches used to open up a specific set of doors to create a wind tunnel effect when opponents were kicking and close them when the Bills did.

I think some teams should have seasonal home field advantages as well. Miami, Tampa, and Jax should have more HFA in the early part of the season and Buffalo, Chicago, GB moreso in the later, but that might be a balance issue.
Old 06-30-2021, 12:54 PM   #7
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Maybe this has been covered elsewhere or even possibly in this video, I skipped through it with no audio, but I'm assuming that the items showcased were just the stadium specific bonuses and that there is more to the momentum mechanic?

Is there a base boost for every game that the team with momentum gets? Like in the older NCAA games that had a momentum meter where the home team would get momentum and that would lead to the entire team getting a ratings boost. Is that sort of mechanic also a part of this new momentum system or are teams literally only receiving these specific bonuses seen in the video?

I can answer as it pertained to the beta..

The game starts and there is 3 boosts that the home team can get. The away team can get 2. The first level is the stadium specific boost that you see. It’s very easy for the home team to gain that soon as momentum is on their side.

The other two you got to gain a bit of momentum to unlock and they could include different things like better coverage ratings for home or away team depending who has the momentum… receiver icons disappear… etc. Basically, the 2 other boosts are both home and away and depending who has the momentum, that side gets the bonus, there are ratings and gameplay boosts.

There are also game day perks or whatever they are called. At Indy, for example, I had one called quality turf which allowed for slightly faster direction change. At Baltimore, there was a perk that gave slight acceleration to players.

The game day perks aren’t related to the momentum but rather the stadium and gives a variety paying at different stadiums. It will also change depending on the weather and time, etc.. I’m pretty certain but don’t quote me on the last part. I just noticed gameday perks aren’t always the same at Indy (wasn’t always quality turf as the boost).
Old 06-30-2021, 12:55 PM   #8
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21

There are generic boosts available to both teams but the home team has an additional one as noted here.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »