Home

What Team Or Teams Will You Be Using In Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on What Team Or Teams Will You Be Using In Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2021, 11:27 AM   #17
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: What Team Or Teams Will You Be Using In Franchise Mode

Browns or Bengals is my initial thought, however it looks like we'll have a few weeks to decide before that patch drops. Will be looking for other contenders in that time.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 07-17-2021, 01:09 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 0

Packers. They’ll be interesting this year with what’s going on with Rodgers and dealing with resigning Adams or not. Without those 2 the offense will be turned on its head, and it would be fun to rebuild them back up.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-17-2021, 01:43 PM   #19
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Definitely one franchise with the Eagles. Gotta get Hurts & the young WRs going and find some studs in the draft with the 3 first round picks in '22 to rebuild the defense and the o-line.

I'll try a rebuild also with the Bengals, Broncos, Steelers, or Lions also.

What is everyone's plan for when to start their franchise with the Scouting update coming in September? I'll want to start my first league on Aug 12 with EA Access and then I'll restart a new league when that comes out. Can't decide if I'll do my Eagles CFM first or wait on it.
I did an Eagles franchise myself this year, and I made the switch to Hurts and drafted Devonta Smith before it happened in the real world. Let me tell you, it is an absolute blast to build around that core, especially if you shore up the middle to back end of that defense.

As for my plan for franchise mode this year, I plan to run a Steelers franchise like I do every year until the regular season roster comes out and the scouting update hits. Once that hits, I'll move into my franchise mode that I will probably run into the NFL season ends. Then, I usually pick another franchise mode up that I play in the offseason throughout the summer until the next Madden comes out.

As for teams I'm looking at. I usually try to pick a team that is on the verge of breaking out or that I can do an "express rebuild" with. Since I usually play between 5 to 7 seasons of franchise mode (the most I've ever been able to play through fully was 10 seasons in Madden 17)...I try to pick a team that I can make into the "dynasty of the decade."

My contenders for team selections this year include:

1. The Los Angeles Chargers: Justin Herbert. Derwin James. Joey Bosa. Enough said.

2. The Las Vegas Raiders: I love the new stadium. I think Josh Jacobs, Henry Ruggs, and Darren Waller are good pieces to build around. I think giving Carr one more season to do well is worth it. His stats are good, but the team isn't. Rebuilding the O-Line and the defense will be critical. But, building strong defenses is a favorite of mine.

3. San Francisco 49ers: Trey Lance. Nick Bosa. Deebo Samuel. George Kittle. Kyle Shanahan at the helm. This is just a fun team to play with. The 49ers haven't been in their true glory since the 1990s. It would be fun to bring that back.
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Old 07-17-2021, 02:26 PM   #20
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

I usually end up doing 2 or 3 franchises yearly.

I first will either take a rebuild team or a team with a bad cap situation and sim week to week to see if I can rebuild them and lead them to a super bowl victory. It will last a minimum of 5 seasons but usually goes 7 to 8. I do this to test how the generated draft classes are. I don't touch real draft classes at all. And I also do this to lock in my XP sliders. Though that may change this year as I saw that weekly training is different. I barely if ever play a game with this team. They are there to test things out. Last year I used the Falcons for this. It was great. I had to sign my 10 practice squad guys at positions of need in year 1 preseason for year 2 and draft all positions of need for year 2 as I could resign nobody. It was a fun challenge.

This year, I am going to do this with the Saints or maybe the Packers and deal with the QB situation there. I would say the Texans are an option here too with the lack of draft capital and a house rule to keep Watson on the roster but never play him.

The second one will be a Browns franchise. I play a franchise with them yearly and it was admittedly more fun when they were bottom dwellers. I had fun with them last year. I will play 2 games the first year (one home and one away, RNG) then increase by 2 games per year. So 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16 (17). With a goal of winning it all the year I play all 17. To spice things up, I will force loss all their playoffs games until that full play season so it builds a story line of redemption. I no longer live in Ohio so this keeps me attached to my home teams. I also like playing a cold weather team so I get a chance for snow games.

Depending on how much I like the franchise changes, I may play a third franchise with a team I have never used before and could have some interesting story lines with. Teams like the Seahawks, Rams, Bears, or Panthers. Would probably do a play 4 year 1, 8 year 2, etc...

Lots of choices. This is the first time in a while I have been stoked about a Madden.

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Farming Simulator 22 (PC)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment

Last edited by Funkycorm; 07-17-2021 at 02:31 PM.
Old 07-17-2021, 03:56 PM   #21
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

I will do one as the Patriots. Probably develop Jones and rely on the running game. I will also use the Bucs to air it out with Brady. When they play each other I’ll sit back and watch CPU vs CPU.

For those who stayed multiple teams. Do you do it in the same franchise or two separate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2021, 05:23 PM   #22
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
I will do one as the Patriots. Probably develop Jones and rely on the running game. I will also use the Bucs to air it out with Brady. When they play each other I’ll sit back and watch CPU vs CPU.

For those who stayed multiple teams. Do you do it in the same franchise or two separate.

I do totally different franchises when I use multiple teams.

Except when it is a classic roster season replay. Then I like to use multiple teams and play several matchups each week.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 07-18-2021, 08:30 AM   #23
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Assuming the scouting update is legit enough that I get the game, and assuming they make Trey Lance look right (cause that's a deal breaker for me), I'll do one with the 49ers and then probably one with the Jaguars, Texans, Falcons, Panthers and Chargers. Mostly because I like the uniform combinations they have.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 07-18-2021, 12:54 PM   #24
Rookie

Falconsfan21's Arena

OVR: 1

I'll be doing one with my Atlanta Falcons. Going to try to get them back to a winning season and into the playoffs.

I'll also probably do one with The Bengals or Browns.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »