Home

Unbelievable...

This is a discussion on Unbelievable... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2021, 11:06 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Unbelievable...

What makes matters worst is the PS5/Xbox shortage. All these improvements/additions to NextGen will only be available to a relatively small number of the population.

I planned to have one by now... I don't know if the consoles are doing this on purpose to drive up the demand or of this is, too, another case of "we don't have workers because no one wants to work."
Old 07-26-2021, 12:12 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennylc321
What makes matters worst is the PS5/Xbox shortage. All these improvements/additions to NextGen will only be available to a relatively small number of the population.

I planned to have one by now... I don't know if the consoles are doing this on purpose to drive up the demand or of this is, too, another case of "we don't have workers because no one wants to work."
There are multiple reasons we have a shortage.

1) They did a global release with the consoles this time around. In the past we've seen the consoles launch in one country on this date, another country on this date, etc. With the PS5 and the Series S/X they just released the consoles globally. This obviously leads to more demand at launch.

2) More consoles have been sold to this point than ever before. This isn't a case of them only having made a million of each console and you have to be lucky to get one. There is a shortage of consoles because these things are selling more than any other console launch before. There are millions and millions of consoles out there, it's just that millions of millions of people still want one and have the means to purchase one when one is available.

This isn't some case of Sony or Microsoft purposefully slowing production down to drive up demand. Both companies have actually provided more consoles to this point than any generation before. There's just more people willing to upgrade than any generation before as well.

― Plato
Old 07-26-2021, 12:19 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 21

The effect of the pandemic on the chip manufacturing plants caused a slowdown. Lack of chips is affecting everything from consoles to automobiles and appliances.

C

Sent from my IN2019 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2021, 12:42 PM   #12
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

I ended up grabbing a Series S for now since they are way easier to come by and gives me the ability to play next gen games. It's a great holdover until I can get my hands on a Series X or PS5. But I won't pay a penny more than retail price for it.
Old 07-26-2021, 10:30 PM   #13
MVP

MrOctober430's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6
My guy you from Bako?
Yeah I am from 661.
Old 07-26-2021, 11:49 PM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
I ended up grabbing a Series S for now since they are way easier to come by and gives me the ability to play next gen games. It's a great holdover until I can get my hands on a Series X or PS5. But I won't pay a penny more than retail price for it.
Yeah, I almost bought an S the other day. But I think, at this point, I might just wait until they do an Series X Slim. I have the One X, so the is more power, but less resolution.

Would be cool to play Madden with the next Gen stuff, but that doesn't seem like an option. Maybe next year. Still gonna have Madden on day one.
Old 07-27-2021, 06:13 AM   #15
Rookie

nolesfan69's Arena

OVR: 3

Since I can't get a series X till maybe late 2022, I might need to find a Xbox one S so Madden 22 will play better FPS than my One X, since the one S is much more powerful.

3 time ACC Champs- 2011, 2012 and 2015
1 time Orange Bowl Champs- 2011
National Champions - 2012
Bowl Games 5-2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2021, 07:27 AM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOctober430
Yeah I am from 661.