Home

Madden 22 Franchise House Rule Ideas (Post your ideas)

This is a discussion on Madden 22 Franchise House Rule Ideas (Post your ideas) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 07-29-2021, 09:45 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 22 Franchise House Rule Ideas (Post your ideas)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachmac75
Reading these rules I think the best house rule is to play only in online league.

NFL format with short seasons is the best possible format for a solid online sim league and 32 users.

Then you get the best outome franchise mode can offer.

So my house rule is to not waste time versus non sense CPU offline when we can have the amazing outcome of an active sim league.
I have played in online leagues and have thoroughly enjoyed them. Having said that, that isn’t the same experience that is being discussed and one isn’t necessarily better than the other. They each come with draw backs. I know this because I also have commissioned leagues as well.

That’s like saying jet skiing is better than water tubing. They are both a lot of fun. It comes down to personal preference.

Just my take.

Last edited by Drama84; 07-29-2021 at 10:09 PM.
Old 07-30-2021, 12:19 AM   #18
BTW
Rookie

Few things I started to do specifically in Madden 21 that I'll continue into Madden 22---

*Go through the awards list every year, and bump every winner up one dev. trait level, if the CPU hasn't already done so. There are certain positions where this very consistently happens, but there are some (Best OL, Best K, for instance) that never trigger a dev trait increase, even if a player wins that award multiple years.

*No playing playoffs. Regular season games are fine to play through, but once I reach the playoffs, my franchise becomes spectator only. I've found this prevents me from cutting through the league like a buzzsaw too easily.

*Trade block only trades. My first year in a new franchise, all trades are fully allowed, as I tend to completely re-shape rosters, but after that, I can only trade for players officially on the block.

*Free agency +20%. Any free agent bid has to be either 20% over what they're asking, or 20% over the highest CPU bid.

Those are the major ones off the top of my head, but I might be back with more. Great thread.

B

Last edited by BTW; 07-30-2021 at 01:19 AM.
Old 07-30-2021, 08:50 AM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTW
Few things I started to do specifically in Madden 21 that I'll continue into Madden 22---

*Go through the awards list every year, and bump every winner up one dev. trait level, if the CPU hasn't already done so. There are certain positions where this very consistently happens, but there are some (Best OL, Best K, for instance) that never trigger a dev trait increase, even if a player wins that award multiple years.

*No playing playoffs. Regular season games are fine to play through, but once I reach the playoffs, my franchise becomes spectator only. I've found this prevents me from cutting through the league like a buzzsaw too easily.

*Trade block only trades. My first year in a new franchise, all trades are fully allowed, as I tend to completely re-shape rosters, but after that, I can only trade for players officially on the block.

*Free agency +20%. Any free agent bid has to be either 20% over what they're asking, or 20% over the highest CPU bid.

Those are the major ones off the top of my head, but I might be back with more. Great thread.

B
Ouch. Never getting to play in the playoffs/Super Bowl? Iím not sure I could do that.

I do get your rationale though.
Old 08-05-2021, 01:54 AM   #20
BTW
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drama84
Ouch. Never getting to play in the playoffs/Super Bowl? Iím not sure I could do that.

I do get your rationale though.
Yeah, little hardcore, but it only gets really tough if I have consecutive seasons where I make the playoffs and then get bounced out early.

I usually have multiple franchises going at once with slightly different parameters, and this one is the most stringent, where I try to only control certain things and see what happens.

B

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »