Home

Madden 22 Franchise House Rule Ideas (Post your ideas)

This is a discussion on Madden 22 Franchise House Rule Ideas (Post your ideas) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Madden 22 Gameplay in 4K: Full Game With Presentation Between Packers and Bears
NASCAR 21: Ignition Announced, Releases on October 28 - Trailer & Some Details Revealed
FIFA 22 Career Mode Deep Dive: What's in and What's Not
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 07-26-2021, 11:20 AM   #1
Strategy Over Skills

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21
Madden 22 Franchise House Rule Ideas (Post your ideas)

I always love these threads because we have some creative minds out there to enhance franchise with a little bit of house rules.

This thread might be premature, but we can pitch ideas, both old and fresh just to get an idea of how guys keep their franchises interesting. If we get enough good ideas using dice rolls, card flips, etc.

So, what do you guys do or plan to do this year to keep your franchise fresh?

Depending on the new scouting, one thing I am going to check is creating busts/surprises through manual edits using some random rolls. I want to find something unique and balanced, but maybe a roll for a round, roll for a position, roll for the instant progression, etc. Obviously weighted and tested to make sure it plays out how I am thinking, but curious to hear other's thoughts and ideas. (A 6th round QB who turns out to be Tom Brady, this never happens in current Madden, maybe new scouting could see that?)

Last edited by TheBleedingRed21; 07-26-2021 at 11:24 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2021, 11:42 AM   #2
MVP

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Madden 22 Franchise House Rule Ideas (Post your ideas)

I'm anxious to see all that the coaching staff and skill tree features entail. I didn't play the demo so I don't know. But I can foresee some house rules regarding the skill tree taking place.

I'm also debating on whether or not to let my draft picks be made "auto" rather than manually. I'll let my scouts scout and I'll give my input "setting the draft board" and then just roll with whoever the "Front Office" chooses. They draft em and I'll coach em up.

A personal favorite house rule for myself when it comes to depth chart is, I set my depth charts based on the Awareness rating and not the Overall.
Old 07-27-2021, 12:29 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

No user catching on offense.

No switching on defense.

I can not user control a position group more than two plays in a row. Must rotate from Defensive Line, LB, and Defensive Back.

Suspension dice roll of some sort. (Haven’t come up with a formula yet) This would only take place in the offseason.

Dice roll for players who are in the last year of their deal. Demanding a trade if they are not offered a contract.

No rookies may be traded (realism)

Script the first 10-15 Plays on offense. (Immersion house rule)

This is a start
Old 07-27-2021, 12:07 PM   #4
Pro

KiffinWillWin's Arena

1. You Have To Control Your Favorite Team Or a Team With a Losing Record No Exceptions.
2. Back-Up's With High Overall Must Be Allowed To Move On To a More Favorable Situation Playing Time Wise Once Their Contact Expires.
3. After Year 1 Make Sure All 32 Starting QBs Are Either High Draft Picks/Veteran Starters/Or High Priced Free Agents. Do Not Leave Teams With Poor Starting QBs If You Can Help It.
4. Play All Games on All-Madden
5. Make Correct Picks In The Draft For CPU Teams If Possible.
Favorite NFL Team: Las Vegas Raiders
Old 07-27-2021, 12:32 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I don't switch on defense.

I play as the highest overall player on defense. This makes signing a star defensive player a bigger deal as it will directly impact what role I play on the defense. It also helps alleviate the issue of me usering a 78 overall LB and playing at an All Pro level with them.

If I have multiple players on defense that are tied for the highest overall then I choose between them and play as whichever one I feel like.

I don't user catch.

I don't use any pre-snap tools the CPU cannot use.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2021, 01:12 PM   #6
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

1. No "no switch". The game is far more challenging when you make (or don't make) the plays. If you aren't able to own your mistakes, you shouldn't be playing IMO.
2. Must use pass lead, throw type, and WR catch mechanics on all plays unless a basic throw is contextually appropriate (which happens <10% of the time)
3. Must call your own plays at all times.
4. Must step up in the pocket on passes. No drifting backwards 10 yards or rolling out to avoid the rush on every play.
Old 07-27-2021, 11:21 PM   #7
Rookie

ijumpedthegun's Arena

If you're an offensive head coach and you hire a new defensive coordinator, you have to use his scheme and playbook from previous team (or vice versa with a defensive-minded head coach)
Old 07-28-2021, 12:29 AM   #8
Rookie

ShadyFan25's Arena

Every offseason, I let one of my star Free Agents test the market.

It makes retaining your top guys a lot harder and makes you have to pay a much fairer price.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »