Home

Madden NFL 22 Player Ratings - Top Running Backs and Tight Ends

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 22 Player Ratings - Top Running Backs and Tight Ends within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Madden NFL 22 Scouting Update Pushed to Mid-October - More Details Revealed
NASCAR 21: Ignition Announced, Releases on October 28 - Trailer & Some Details Revealed
FIFA 22 Career Mode Deep Dive: What's in and What's Not
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2021, 10:29 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief
 
Steve_OS's Arena
 
OVR: 77
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: OS Eastern Office
Posts: 29,337
Blog Entries: 556
Madden NFL 22 Player Ratings - Top Running Backs and Tight Ends



Madden NFL 22 player ratings continue to be revealed throughout the week. Today itís all about...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
__________________
Steve Noah
Editor-in-Chief
http://www.operationsports.com
Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by Steve_OS; 07-28-2021 at 05:54 PM.
Steve_OS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2021, 10:31 AM   #2
MVP
 
PhillyPhanatic14's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Ocean City, MD
Re: Madden NFL 22 Player Ratings - Top Tight Ends

#4-10 all seem high lol. Maybe we're seeing a swing back on the ratings spread to overrate guys again. I am an Eagles fan and even I wouldn't rate Goedert above the 78-80 range.
PhillyPhanatic14 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 10:59 AM   #3
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2014
Re: Madden NFL 22 Player Ratings - Top Tight Ends

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
#4-10 all seem high lol. Maybe we're seeing a swing back on the ratings spread to overrate guys again. I am an Eagles fan and even I wouldn't rate Goedert above the 78-80 range.


Nope I actually think goedert is good where heís at


Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
kjwill22 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 11:18 AM   #4
MVP
 
PhillyPhanatic14's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Ocean City, MD
Re: Madden NFL 22 Player Ratings - Top Tight Ends

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjwill22
Nope I actually think goedert is good where heís at


Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

He only had 500 yds and 3 TDs last year... I don't see how that justifies mid 80's. Unless they're going back to the old ratings system where average starters are rated in the mid 80's, bench players in the 70's, etc... For a year or two though they did a great job of spreading the ratings out.
PhillyPhanatic14 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 11:36 AM   #5
CNFL Commissioner
 
XtremeDunkz's Arena
 
OVR: 22
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 3,267
Blog Entries: 4
Re: Madden NFL 22 Player Ratings - Top Tight Ends

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
He only had 500 yds and 3 TDs last year... I don't see how that justifies mid 80's. Unless they're going back to the old ratings system where average starters are rated in the mid 80's, bench players in the 70's, etc... For a year or two though they did a great job of spreading the ratings out.
They are probably assuming a big leap with the lower role of Ertz.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
__________________
Mixer

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
XtremeDunkz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2021, 11:50 AM   #6
MVP
 
PhillyPhanatic14's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Ocean City, MD
Re: Madden NFL 22 Player Ratings - Top Tight Ends & Running Backs

CMac who played 3 games in 2020 rated higher than Henry who rushed for 2,000 yards is just rough lol.
PhillyPhanatic14 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 11:57 AM   #7
*ll St*r
 
roadman's Arena
 
OVR: 34
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Midwest
Posts: 25,697
Re: Madden NFL 22 Player Ratings - Top Tight Ends & Running Backs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
CMac who played 3 games in 2020 rated higher than Henry who rushed for 2,000 yards is just rough lol.
Swami and Equipt Guru have been pounding it pretty hard the last few days that injuries are not considered a part of the ratings, it's based on performances on the field only.

As much as I am a homer for Tonyan, Swami explained his rating is lower because he isn't a good blocker and his route routing isn't good.

Good enough for me.

More from Swami on Henry

Henry has 9 fumbles the past two seasons (still 94 carry due to carry numbers)
- He doesn't face more stacked boxes than other top players (or greater blocker disadvantage)
- He was second in yards after contact per attempt (behind Chubb)
- 13th in MT forced/A
- Henry's agility/change of direction hurt his OVR for obvious reasons.
- He is a one track runner (only 10% of his carries change in point of attack, which is 48th among RBs) which speaks to his excellent blocking.
- He offers nothing in the receiving game

Last edited by roadman; 07-28-2021 at 12:02 PM.
roadman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 12:04 PM   #8
MVP
 
PhillyPhanatic14's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Ocean City, MD
Re: Madden NFL 22 Player Ratings - Top Tight Ends & Running Backs

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Swami and Equipt Guru have been pounding it pretty hard the last few days that injuries are not considered a part of the ratings, it's based on performances on the field only.

As much as I am a homer for Tonyan, Swami explained his rating is lower because he isn't a good blocker and his route routing isn't good.

Good enough for me.

More from Swami on Henry

Henry has 9 fumbles the past two seasons (still 94 carry due to carry numbers)
- He doesn't face more stacked boxes than other top players (or greater blocker disadvantage)
- He was second in yards after contact per attempt (behind Chubb)
- 13th in MT forced/A
- Henry's agility/change of direction hurt his OVR for obvious reasons.
- He is a one track runner (only 10% of his carries change in point of attack, which is 48th among RBs) which speaks to his excellent blocking.
- He offers nothing in the receiving game

I have no problem with CMac at 97 but Henry deserves to be elevated above that. I also have no idea at all how CMac misses nearly the entire year with multiple injuries and ends up with a 96 injury rating? At some point missing an entire season should drop you down.
PhillyPhanatic14 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:53 PM.

Top -