Home

Offline vs. Online Franchise???

This is a discussion on Offline vs. Online Franchise??? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2021, 10:50 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Offline vs. Online Franchise???

I only play single player franchise. With the scouting update out, I’m about to start.

My question for the group… what are the pros and cons of running my franchise online or offline?

I have PS+ so everything is saved in the cloud. What is the difference (besides the obvious)?

Thanks in advance!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2021, 10:54 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Offline vs. Online Franchise???

Currently there are a number of bugs in offline regarding stats and other issues. Online has the issue that you can only control one team and you can’t do a backup save.

Sim speeds don’t really matter next gen.

Right now I’m going to go online until the offline stuff gets fixed…but they are pretty much the same.

I prefer offline in general though.
Old 10-13-2021, 09:42 AM   #3
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambo
Currently there are a number of bugs in offline regarding stats and other issues. Online has the issue that you can only control one team and you can’t do a backup save.

Sim speeds don’t really matter next gen.

Right now I’m going to go online until the offline stuff gets fixed…but they are pretty much the same.

I prefer offline in general though.

Yeah i started an offline one to do multi-team control only to see Qbs throwing for no more than 4K yards. Broke the immersion completely.
Old 10-13-2021, 01:31 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Seems like a "lesser of two evils" situation at the moment, where both evils are very close to being "game breaking," or at least game ruining. Either you have completely jacked up sim stats by playing offline or you have horrendous draft logic by playing online.

That said, I have a question/idea. Has anyone noticed if free agency logic is as nerfed as draft?

If not, and since there are now mock drafts, is it possible to just temporarily edit certain young, high-pedigree QBs to deter the CPU from drafting a replacement in the 1st round?

IE: if the mocks hint at JAX drafting a QB in the first round in 2022, will editing Lawrence up to a 90+ change their mind? Then, after the draft, you could just edit him back to where he was. I skipped Madden last your for maybe the 2nd time since '92 but I remember having to do this in the past, just don't remember if it actually worked

Of course, if FA logic is nerfed too, then there's not much you can do, which is why I've always played offline, 32 team. AI roster management has always been terrible but the sim stats have gotten so bad over the years that they've become impossible to ignore.

The final consideration is which, if either, of these issues is more likely to be fixed. If seen on these forums that according to Swami, draft logic probably will not be addressed this year. But if sim stats weren't fixed in this last update, when will they be? Ever?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »