Home

A Reasonable Quick Fix By EA to Include Refs in Madden 22

This is a discussion on A Reasonable Quick Fix By EA to Include Refs in Madden 22 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2021, 04:48 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: A Reasonable Quick Fix By EA to Include Refs in Madden 22

The issue for me is why did they take them out?

That's been my biggest issue with Madden in like forever. STOP SUBTRACTING and add to the game, they probably wouldn't have as many people down their throat.
Old 08-06-2021, 04:55 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by malky
The issue for me is why did they take them out?

That's been my biggest issue with Madden in like forever. STOP SUBTRACTING and add to the game, they probably wouldn't have as many people down their throat.
They removed them because they couldn’t get gameplay on the field to work correctly in some capacity. They said they would add them back in but still haven’t. I think this is the third release without them at this point.
Old 08-06-2021, 08:02 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennylc321
Threads like this just proves my point. There is LITERALLY (and no this is not a misuse of the word literally) 500,000 "little things" that should be in the game and no matter how hard EA tries, they are not going to get them all, so someone will be hurt.

They put the refs in the game then we'll be mad because there are no female refs. Then we'll be mad because we don't like the way their whistle looks. Then we'll be mad because we can't create our own refs. It will never end.

But as I said.... y'all can fight this battle.
So enlighten us as to what point was actually proven by you?

What type of threads should your fellow posters be allowed to post since having a thread regarding ref's on the field tends to upset you?

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 08-06-2021, 09:32 PM   #20
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx
Yeah refs not being on the field doesn't bother me. When they first did it back in 20 or 19 whatever it was, I thought it would annoy me. However I don't even notice they're not there. I prefer it now actually.
Same for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers

If you turn on your tv for any football game on any level and didn't see refs on the field it would immediately catch your attention and cause some concern.
Much like playing Madden I would not even notice. So many other things to focus on, pre-snap and during the play and after the play. Only time I notice officials is if they're making a call.

Last edited by bkrich83; 08-06-2021 at 09:34 PM.
Old 08-06-2021, 11:37 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed1417
Yup cause that's EXACTLY what would happen I can hear the internet now.

"Billion dollar company can't figure out how to get referees to stay on the field during gameplay. What's the point of even having them in if they just disappear?"

I'm with a lot of you in the respect that it's so weird not seeing them on the field, but in the past few years since taking them out I haven't really noticed or paid much attention to that.

But here's the kicker, if they bring them back and they do it the way they want to (example making them part of the field of play) and players run into them and that stuff....I could see people losing their MINDS over that stuff. Especially if it costs someone a game because "the ref got in my way and I tripped over him/her! EA sucks blah blah blah".

So we'll see how/when/if they bring them back.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I can see something like that happening. When I play the
NHL series,I notice how sometimes the officials sit along the boards to get out of the way of the puck or the players even though,they aren't interactive in the actual play. There have definitely been times I've thought had they been interactive,it would've been bad lol. Even if they aren't part of the play in Madden,at least have them react like they're getting out of the way or follow the play as it happens down the field.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2021, 09:35 AM   #22
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qcsports4

NHL series,I notice how sometimes the officials sit along the boards to get out of the way of the puck or the players even though,they aren't interactive in the actual play. There have definitely been times I've thought had they been interactive,it would've been bad lol. Even if they aren't part of the play in Madden,at least have them react like they're getting out of the way or follow the play as it happens down the field.
Yeah if they come back to the game that's how I'd want them to be. Much like the camera operators and stuff are now. At the same time though, 2k has (or had?) interactive sideline figures like camera people I think. It adds to the experience too. So I'm torn really

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html
Old 08-09-2021, 03:02 PM   #23
Pro

The EVHL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qcsports4
I really don't care either way, but I always thought it was so cool how 2k's refs in their hockey games WERE able to be checked, hit by the puck, etc. You were able to toggle their detection to be on or off as well so everyone got their way.
Old 08-09-2021, 03:09 PM   #24
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

My guess is it’s having a few extra resource hogs running around the screen were not worth what they were costing.

Now, perhaps the current consoles can accommodate them, but then they’d also have to be completely redone, scripted, etc.

Personally, I’d much prefer refs to 3D crowd members. They could just have a permanent fixed DOF and blur out flat crowd members for all I care, as long as I get reflective helmets on the sideline and refs on the field.

But sadly cool fans has more swag than refs. And the swagonites have won on this over the football sim people.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »