Home

How’s Your Franchise Going: Madden 22 Edition

This is a discussion on How’s Your Franchise Going: Madden 22 Edition within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2021, 06:09 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: How’s Your Franchise Going: Madden 22 Edition

Started a new player franchise where I edit a rookie in the class to my liking then sim season one and take over his rookie season and on. QB Deuce Ford is the starting QB for IND.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-21-2021, 08:29 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

I made it to the end of the regular season. I hit a rough losing patch in the middle of the season where I went from 7-3 and got to 8-7. This left me as potentially the last team in to the playoffs. The next week, I won but so did Indianapolis which, apparently, pushed me out of the playoffs. So at 9-7, I took on Pittsburgh's rival the Ravens in a must win scenario...and I did win. Indy lost and the Steelers snuck in at 10-7.

As I had been expecting, Zach Wilson's year was a lot of ups and downs. He finished with a 61% completion rate, 3,606 yards, 31 TD and 39 interceptions. About 22 of the picks were mine during play the moment, he struggled for the sim as well. Tyler Lockett finished with 82 catches, 1,139 yards and 10 TD.

Derrick Henry may be the league's MVP despite some really odd/inconsistent usage by the game. He rushed 352 times and racked up 1,826 yards at 5.2 yards per carry. He ran in 15 touchdowns and caught another 5. Zach Wilson ran for 207 yards and 4 TD.

Defensively, we put A LOT of pressure on QBs. At All-Pro, 9 minute quarters, play the moments, Cam Heyward had 18 sacks, Melvin Ingram had 17 and T.J. Watt had 9. Stephon Gilmore had 7 interceptions.

Our first round match-up was with our division winner the Cincinnati Bengals and it was our first blizzard game. I focused heavily on limiting turnovers by going to the running game early, often and always. The Bengals are led by Mac Jones, Alvin Kamara and a strong D. They went 13-4 in the regular season and beat me twice.

I handled the first drive, a good number of runs that was highlighted by a 56 yard Derrick Henry run. We plunged it in from the 1 for a 7-0 lead and the 1st quarter had no other scoring.

In the 2nd quarter, I missed a 48 yard field goal by inches. Stupid wind! But the defense held and we started another long drive where I converted 2 third-down conversions. We hit the red zone and Derrick Henry sprinted in from the 11. 14-0 Steelers and that would be the half-time score.

After half, the defense held and I missed another Stephen Gostkowski field goal, this one of 46 yards. The Bengals took over and scored a Kerryon Johnson rushing touchdown, 14-7 Steelers.

We answered which is not always our specialty, especially given our turnover issues all season. Derrick Henry ran in a third TD to take a 21-7 lead. We ended the 3rd quarter with a Zach Wilson interception, of course, at our own 24.

The heavily favored Bengals start to roll. They score quickly, we go out after a very short drive and they score again. Mac Jones has hit Cole Beasley and Hayden Hurst for touchdowns and we suddenly can't get any pressure on the QB. 21-21. We continue to stop moving the ball and D.J. Moore scores on a wide receiver sweep and we now are down 28-21 with 3 minutes to go.

My season is in the hands of rookie QB Zach Wilson and the winds of a blizzard. We pick away slowly, hitting two short passes for a first down to our 31. At this point, coming up on the 2 minute warning, we take a shot at a deeper pass to Tyler Lockett. Wilson throws it to the sideline and Lockett has separation...complete! 43 yards!

We are at their 26. A quick pass gets us to the 18 and another to the 6. With 1:38 to go, we draw play and Derrick Henry scores his fourth TD!!! Tie game!!!

The Bengals go 3 and out and we try to drive with :48 left. Wilson scrambles out of bounds for 11 to put us at our 37. Again, I decided to take a chance down field but Lockett is covered. I hit Robert Woods just shy of the sticks and his jets kick in...he outruns 2 guys and sprints diagonally forward towards the sideline and their endzone. He finally scampers out of bounds at the 24 yard line with 6 seconds left. My third shot at a field goal in a blizzard, this one is 41 yards. Gostkowski lines it up and...he is a PLAYOFF HERO AGAIN!

The Steelers pull off a great road upset and we move on in the playoffs. We only passed for 157 yards but ran for 206 and had just the 1 turnover.
Old 08-22-2021, 12:02 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

Through 5 games, IND is 2-3.

Deuce Ford, QB
77 Field General, 77 Improviser

Passing: 81/117, 799 YARDS, 8 TD, 3 INT
Rushing: 9 ATT, 71 YARDS, TD

Old 08-22-2021, 10:52 AM   #20
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

3-6 Record

Madden NFL 22 8_22_2021 10_48_05 AM.jpg

Old 08-22-2021, 11:30 AM   #21
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

3-7 Record. 9 picks in the last 2 games. Maybe I’ll go back to Pro. LOL

Madden NFL 22 8_22_2021 11_28_11 AM.jpg

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2021, 03:05 PM   #22
Rookie

I know some people have complaints (many legit) about the new Madden but I've gotta say, it's been awhile since I've been as pumped after playing a video game than the end of my All-Pro franchise season. Like many, I'm an older (43 year old) player and am well past my prime at this so All-Pro is a pretty solid challenge for me. Anyway, let me update where this ended up:

Following the Bengals, we faced the redrafted Texans in round 2. I tried to run my Steelers playoff team pretty similar to how the Steelers handled Ben Roethlisberger's first show: limit passing and commit to the run. We entered halftime up 24-0 and, despite the Texans and Ryan Tannehill scoring 19 unanswered, we put up 13 in the fourth quarter to win it. Zach Wilson threw 3 TDs for me and 0 interceptions (big achievement if you read my earlier posts). Derrick Henry ran for 144 on 19 carries and we advance!

AFC Championship Game: My 6th seed Steelers face the 5 seed New York Jets. This team is the more daunting of the teams I've faced in the playoff run. Aaron Rodgers, Jonathon Taylor, A.J. Brown and Henry Ruggs look to put me to the test...EXCEPT it is my second blizzard game!!! The weather had the potential to take Rodgers and their passing attack out of it. In addition to the weather, one other big thing happened for me: Jonathon Taylor broke his hand on his first carry. All of a sudden I'm facing a pass first offense (61% passes during the year) in a windy blizzard and their best running back is Rhamondre Stevenson.

I would love to tout my offense here (and they did do well) but the defense won this game. On 18 carries, the Jets managed 50 yards. Aaron Rodgers and his 44 touchdowns and 12 interceptions had a nightmare day. #12 finished the day 12-33 for 136 yards, 5 interceptions and 6 times sacked!
That let me keep the training wheels on the offense. Zach Wilson threw for 193 and 3 TD with 1 pick. Henry carried 29 times for 133 and 2 TD. Honestly, field position was HUGELY in my favor all game. Cam Heyward had 2.5 sacks, Melvin Ingram 2 and Stephon Gilmore had two of the picks.

ON TO THE SUPER BOWL!!!!

We faced a pretty talented Vikings team led by Dak Prescott, Melvin Gordon and Justin Jefferson. Defensively, they are stacked as well with Myles Jack, Jon Abram, Marcus Williams and Brandon Copeland. This is a tough match-up for me but we focus on the medium pass to lock down Dak and, as usual, we are run first.

The Vikings stop us on a 4'th and 1 at their 36 yard line on our first drive. Dak takes over and quickly drives them down field. Gabriel Davis and Anthony Firkser tear me up, the former getting 3 catches and the latter scoring a TD.

We bounce back in the 2nd quarter where Reuben Foster channels James Harrison. Foster intercepts Dak at our 13 yard line and sprints up the sideline...dodges two tackles and slides into the endzone: TOUCHDOWN!

Dak brings them right back though and takes a 14-7 lead. However, after a couple runs and a short pass, Derrick Henry gets a handoff at their 46 AND...IS...GONE! TOUCHDOWN Henry! 14-14.

They go three and out and we take over with two minutes in the half. A few runs move us pretty quickly down and, with 4 seconds left, Stephen Gostkowski lines up a 41 yarder...GOOD! 17-14 Steelers at half!

The third quarter only features one score, a field goal for the Vikings...17-17 entering the 4th quarter. They hit another early field goal and I'm down 20-17 with 6:30 to go. Zach Wilson throws a pick 6 and it is now 27-17 Vikings with 6:20.

We start moving the ball again, this time on two passes and two big Zach Wilson scrambles. From their 27 yard line, Derrick Henry takes a hand-off AND GOES ALL THE WAY...AGAIN! 27-24 and we need a stop.

They run some clock and with 2:16 left, we get a sack that forces a punt. I benefit from a solid return to the 39. We need a field goal and the target distance is only about 27 yards away. Fournette steps in on this drive much to my chagrin but he takes a 9 yard run and a 10 yard run moving us quickly. Wilson scrambles again, this time for 16 yards as they've moved to a deep prevent. I'm on their 26 yard line with 0:54 seconds to go. I decide to take an endzone shot...Lockett breaks out open...Wilson throws and is hit just after and the ball floats...right into a leaping Tyler Lockett's hands...TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!!!!

The Vikings hit a couple short passes but ultimately go nowhere...STEELERS WIN 31-27!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate to have won the Super Bowl in my first year and yet it was a really challenging season for me. I don't think I'm quite ready for All-Madden but this tested me well. Concentrating on what I do well in the playoffs and being conservative with my passing game (more so than any other Madden game) really is what got me through.

For the playoffs, my stats were:
Wilson was 58-100 (58%), 642 yards (about 160 p/game), 7 TD and 2 INT
Henry ran 99 times (about 25 p/game) for 634 yards (158 p/game) with 9 TD and 1 fumble
T.J. Watt had 5 sacks, Cameron Heyward had 4.5 and Melvin Ingram had 4.5

It really did remind me a lot of the Bettis-Roethlisberger Steelers with the commitment to the run and the stifling, aggressive defense.

Off the draft!
Old 08-22-2021, 03:10 PM   #23
Rookie

Just advanced a week and got the season recap screen. Here are the results:
NFL MVP: Russell Wilson (48 TD passes and 5279 yards)
Coach of the Year: Jacksonville's Urban Meyer
OPOY: Wilson
DPOY: Aaron Donald
OROY: Najee Harris
DROY: Patrick Surtain II

Super Bowl MVP: Reuben Foster, Steelers
Old 08-22-2021, 03:44 PM   #24
MVP

DallasRocks's Arena

OVR: 12

Currently 4-2 with the Bills. Was 4-0 on All Pro and winning by 30 so moved up to All Madden and the Chiefs torched me 38-14 then lost a heartbreaker to the 0-5 Titans 16-10. Allen is playing good and all 3 RBs are doing good. Ed Oliver is developing nicely. Trying to find a good slider balance because Mahomes going 28/30 for 450 is frustrating to say the least.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »