Home

Tips for playing on the road?

This is a discussion on Tips for playing on the road? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2021, 03:04 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Tips for playing on the road?

Hey guys,

Seems alot harder playing on the road to get first downs and move the ball on offense. Any tips for this?

Is that all because of the home field advantage? Also computer seems to move the ball alot easier too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2021, 04:10 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Tips for playing on the road?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbillan
Hey guys,

Seems alot harder playing on the road to get first downs and move the ball on offense. Any tips for this?

Is that all because of the home field advantage? Also computer seems to move the ball alot easier too.
I usually have success with conservative low risk/low reward plays and keep inching down the field. It feels like if you allow them to get a bit of momentum with a 3 and out or turnover, you're guys will be blocking like Tebow for the rest of the game.
Old 08-23-2021, 04:54 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tymmie21
I usually have success with conservative low risk/low reward plays and keep inching down the field. It feels like if you allow them to get a bit of momentum with a 3 and out or turnover, you're guys will be blocking like Tebow for the rest of the game.
Exactly this,

Played a game yesterday where I was 5 pts down in the 4th Qtr. Inched downfield with runs and short passes, slowly bringing momentum back down and getting my passing icons back!! Kicked a FG, got it back with time outs then drive down again and won with a FG.

Feels more like real life, before you could have passed your way downfield like it was the 1st Qtr.
Old 08-23-2021, 05:32 PM   #4
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

Like others have said conservatively. I run a lot with short passes. Turnovers kill you with the momentum.
Old 08-23-2021, 06:04 PM   #5
Rookie

Thanks!

How about for stopping the computer, they seem to do everything right when they're at home.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2021, 06:07 PM   #6
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

I think the thing to do as the road team in the general case in this game is to buck conventional coin toss wisdom and take the ball first. Then, do your best to score a touchdown on your first drive. That way you can swing momentum in your favor early, as opposed to giving the opposing offense the ball first and affording the home team the opportunity to firmly grab the momentum right out of the gate.

This could backfire depending on the particular home field advantage you are up against. For example, the Rams’ base home field advantage is bonus momentum for defensive stops. So if you don’t execute that first drive you could really set yourself up behind the eight ball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »