Home

G'Mo's Coaching Corner

This is a discussion on G'Mo's Coaching Corner within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2021, 06:24 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: G'Mo's Coaching Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueHominid
GMO, this video shows what I saw in lab. At about the 7:30 mark you start showing problems with the hook defenders when 2 from a 2x2 runs a crosser. That's what I saw in my lab session.

Here's the video: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1143765066.

I start working 3 Match w/ Decentatbest around 21:45.

Mind you, I'm a student not a scholar, so I'm just trying to learn the game and get better.

Feel free to add any constructive criticism you like to my approach if you think it'll help my game.

I'll check out the stream tonight. I got caught up with watching games all day yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aestis
Hey great job on this series, enjoyed it & hope it builds an audience steadily!

Thanks. I just saw the other thread about how to build a better defense and I'm glad the OS community is working through the game together. Kudos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkruDe
What are your thoughts on the "Coaches Suggestion" defense plays in this game?

I usually always pick those. But, with this thread, I'm hoping to change that. Thanks for all this information.

I believe coaching suggestions works on the most popular calls based on the frequency they are being called in the online community. So by this time, those play calls should be the most meta ones. It's not my cup of tea, as I like to call plays that fit my team or compliment other ones. I find myself using the favorites section this cycle. I can go more into that in another post, if you like.

Quote:
Will echo this sentiment.

These are great videos--I love the teaching style & approach.

Flagging the C3 Match moments is more about making sure I understand my assignments and any potential logic issues in the current game so I can mitigate them.

Def. wanna make sure that comes through tonally.

I gave this series a shout-out in my last Twitch stream & will continue to do so asI apply principles from these videos that show up as positive impacts on in-game results.

Thanks for the shout-out. I was able to get through the 5 minutes of your stream before I had to pause to do a family thing. So far so good, you should like a knowledgeable football mind and your approach is clean. I look forward to finishing the video tonight.

I'll be giving you a shout out on my videos soon as well!

Last edited by Geronimo22; 09-13-2021 at 06:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2021, 07:28 AM   #26
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Just here to learn! I'm the least of these, as the good book says, when it comes to actual football minds on OS.

I learned so much from the series you've put up here. I'm assuming you're a coach--you have an excellent teaching approach.

These kinds of threads are my favorites on OS because they're educational & solution-oriented.
Old 09-14-2021, 09:11 AM   #27
Pro

Quote:
Just here to learn! I'm the least of these, as the good book says, when it comes to actual football minds on OS.

I learned so much from the series you've put up here. I'm assuming you're a coach--you have an excellent teaching approach.

These kinds of threads are my favorites on OS because they're educational & solution-oriented.

Thanks for the kudos. I'm always learning as well. Especially from guys who have experience in the new age RPO offenses and the spread stoping defenses that are a staple in the college game.

I've coached almost 20 years. NCAA in 00's and the NFL for the 10's. And I've been playing madden since '93. So I feel like I have a decent understand on how relate to each other. As of course, the video game tries to be realistic but sometimes can't achieve it, for whatever reason.

I have gone through the first 15 minutes of your video and I have some initial questions. But maybe we can have the dialogue in another thread? Or in private? I'll probably have a lot of questions so maybe even a chat room might be best.

Last edited by Geronimo22; 09-14-2021 at 09:13 AM.
Old 09-14-2021, 09:43 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 0

Since Qbs are able to stand in the pocket 3x longer than normal. It doesn't matter which defense is called it will break down eventually. Until Ea fixes this people need to find a work around for the defense
Old 09-14-2021, 11:53 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 5

I love this type of stuff... Bookmarked, and will read it all. Beautiful, thanks my man.
Old 09-14-2021, 12:58 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 1

Thanks Geronimo22 for putting this together. As Madden progresses toward more SIM gameplay, ive feel more inclined to become a better student of the game.

Is it possible to focus on roster construction also? I’ve been curious on what concepts that can be focused on more depending on the make up of your team.

Last edited by mtmetcalfe; 09-14-2021 at 02:42 PM.
Old 09-14-2021, 03:07 PM   #31
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebirdz
Since Qbs are able to stand in the pocket 3x longer than normal. It doesn't matter which defense is called it will break down eventually. Until Ea fixes this people need to find a work around for the defense

I feel like they will adjust the nerfed pass rush this cycle. But you're right, its hard to cover if there is no rush.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakaveliLPC
I love this type of stuff... Bookmarked, and will read it all. Beautiful, thanks my man.
No problem. If you follow my youtube page all the videos are in a playlist for you to review as well (https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...nZfJyNmp9ygGgt)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmetcalfe
Thanks Geronimo22 for putting this together. As Madden progresses toward more SIM gameplay, ive feel more inclined to become a better student of the game.

Is it possible to focus on roster construction also? I’ve been curious on what concepts that can be focused on more depending on the make up of your team.

No problem. As for roster construction related to scheme, that's a good idea. I'll work on that. I'm also going to do a vlog franchise with my team once my 32 man online CFM starts. There I will talk in detail about rosters, gameplans similar to how I would if this team was my real life job.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2021, 03:17 PM   #32
Pro

Cover 4 Palms Coverage Part 2 (Vs 3x1)

In this video we cover the big adjustment that's critical to understand when playing palms vs 3x1. This could make or break the coverage for some coaches.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »