Home

For those enjoying the game

This is a discussion on For those enjoying the game within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2021, 05:47 PM   #49
MVP

opd897's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: For those enjoying the game

I played the early access after imputing and trying a couple of the well known slider sets. I just couldn't have fun with the game, seems like there was always some glaring issue with some of what I believed to be unreasonable outcomes of plays with some questionable animations.

Decided I wouldn't get the game after playing around 8 hours of the early access and deleted it from my Xbox Series X.

But like many here I suppose, broke down and bought the game because of being so starved for an NFL game.

Loaded it up last night and decided, after reading about the enjoyment some seemed to be getting from the Pro difficulty level, to go with Pro settings that heavily favor the CPU. I must say that I fell in love with this game. Don't get me wrong here, I didn't fall in love with it because I started winning, I've lost 3 of the 4 games I've played. I just don't feel cheated now when I lose and I don't see the computer warping like I did in All PRO. Animations seem to be better and play, IMO, feels fair.

I think I still have some work to do with the sliders but for me Pro difficulty is the way to go so if you're having issues with All PRO or All Madden give Pro a shot, certainly with slider that favor the computer.

Not to take anything away from the slider gurus, I know they put in a lot of time and effort, but I certainly wish more of them would give Pro difficulty a shot just to see what they could come up with.
Old 08-23-2021, 06:34 PM   #50
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qcsports4
Thanks for your sliders every year. Are you playing on PS4 or PS5? Btw,I'm 41,it's cool seeing us older
gamers posting here!
It is for the PS5 this year.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 08-23-2021, 07:33 PM   #51
Rookie

Best nfl game yet. My only complaints are penalties and stats in franchise, which I'm sure will be fixed next patch.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2021, 09:18 PM   #52
Pro

Cory Levy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
Yes. I'm not sure why that is controversial. I was a 2K fan, and lost football. I tried Madden, and I hated it. I didn't play any licensed football game with regularity from 2005-2010. I like Madden 2010 okay, but hated 11-14.

But starting with 15, I loved the direction of the game, and I play every year. So yeah, maybe you go a decade without a football game you really like. Grow the **** up.

All of your "solutions" are other people making things exactly the way you like them. You never thought, "I will make my own!" Heck, the idea of just playing and enjoying games you like isn't even an option.

When I moved to St. Louis, they didn't have any BBQ worth a crap. I'm from KC, and BBQ was kind of a staple. And while I can do my own, I'm sure as hell not as good as Gates or Arthur Bryants.

You know what I didn't do? I didn't leave Yelp messages telling Bandanas how much they suck. I didn't yell at the servers and managers. I went downtown and found that St. Louis may not have had BBQ, but they had some great New Orleans style food.

Today, though, 20 years later, after a boom of hipster BBQ places that popped up like Microbrews, we have a ton of BBQ. And I never once had to tell Bandanas that their ribs were complete ****.

During my time without a football game, I actually learned to play basketball and hockey games better, and started following the NBA and NHL more. I played an entire season of MLB 2K at one point. I played an entire 82 game season and playoff in the NHL one year.

My daughter started playing soccer, so I started playing soccer games off and on just to learn a little.

in the meantime, I played fantasy football and participated in pools. I went to lots of Chiefs games and watched them on TV.

You know what I didn't do? I did spend time posting in the Madden forums because I didn't have an NFL game to play.

Seriously, you need to grow up.

Why even both responding if you're just going to link non sequitur and your own salty past as if others need to feel your "pain"?

You seem obsessed with the idea that I sit in a room contemplating how much I hate Madden. Hardly the case but I guess thanks for your concern! I have my other hobbies (some of which even includes having fun playing Madden, FYI) so I'm in quite the good mental state.

I don't understand why the idea of people having legitimate concerns and ideas to improve the game seems to send you 'round the bend. A world where no one is allowed to think of ways to improve things sounds, well, awful.

I participate in this message board because I like Madden and I want it to be a better game, why is that so shockingly asinine to you? Tell me where I said playing Madden is a mind numbing, awful experience that makes me seethe with rage every time I press the start button on my controller. I have fun playing Madden, the frustration comes from having to fight the game to do so some of the time.
Old 08-23-2021, 10:20 PM   #53
Rookie

ShaneTheMaster's Arena

OVR: 2

Madden 22 is absolutely the best NFL game out there! Don’t see how anyone can complain about it.
Old 08-23-2021, 10:45 PM   #54
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

So I know it hasn't been too bad. But this thread was created for those who enjoy the game and for those people to discuss it.

From this point forward, if you come in this thread and want to post about how much you hate Madden, or what they need to do to fix it or anything like that, please do not post it here.

Feel free to make your own thread about why you don't like it. Even though a lot of threads already are discussing that.

Thank you for your cooperation.
Old 08-23-2021, 11:57 PM   #55
Rookie

I'm loving the game too. I dont care what anybody says. The last Madden I bought was 19 and this is so much better especially on the PS5.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2021, 03:53 AM   #56
MVP

What keeps me going? Please see my review in the impressions thread for the details, but overall, the game is simply one of the best (if not thee best) football games ever created.

What I've found throughout life, is that a huge demographic of people seem to be "gas lighters" and "chicken littles". Its my own inside joke, when I wake up in the morning for work, I always tell myself to put the armor on for the Gs and the Cs because I know the day is about to be a wild and crazy ride with people who are clearly operating outside of the left and right lateral limits of logic, but will turn around and make YOU question sound logic, and people who make it seem like the sky is falling over trivial things lol.

There's honestly no disrespect intended, but that is how I see the vocal minority on online when it comes to Madden. I drown them out because most of them clearly aren't operating from logic imo, but emotion. I don't hear them (kind of like the grown ups in the classic Charlie Brown cartoons lol).

There's absolutely NO WAY possible you can point out the flaws of this game without recognizing the greatness of the game. Anyone that isn't offering balanced "objective" feedback, I immediately move on and they go into a "can't be trusted category", but I love you all lol!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »