Home

Interception Fest

This is a discussion on Interception Fest within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2021, 12:01 PM   #17
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Interception Fest

What's sad is that, there are countless videos on YouTube showing how terrible Cover 2 defense is in this game, and guys throwing long TD's on demand...and here I am, throwing 4 picks in a game.
Old 08-25-2021, 12:03 PM   #18
MVP

bigjdotcom01's Arena

OVR: 6

Then I run into the franchise bug this AM. After losing my first two games, I win my third, sim to start week 4 and Madden decides that I lost 14-0 in week 3 even though I won 33-14. How does this even happen?
Old 08-25-2021, 12:11 PM   #19
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjdotcom01
Interception Fest

I haven't played Madden in a few years and now I remember why.
Try reading the defense. Works for me.

EDIT — Okay, that was rude. Sorry. There are tricks you can do in reading the defense pre-snap and post-snap that will tell you what the coverage is likely to be, and that will tell you where you should go with the ball. You'll find that information on this forum (probably in this thread). Other than that, don't be late with the pass, and don't panic-throw. If you miss the window, you're probably better off moving to the next progression, throwing it away, or scrambling/taking the sack, instead of stubbornly sticking to the man you wanted to throw to, and waiting for a deeper window.

Things to look for:
Is the middle of the field open or closed? (two safeties back, or just one?) If it's closed, you're almost certainly looking at cover 3 or cover 1. If it's open, probably cover 2, 4, or 6, or a disguised cover 3 or robber coverage (which you'll see as soon as you snap the ball); or even cover zero.

Are the corners shading?

Are they in press coverage?

What do the safties and linebackers do immediately after the snap? This is really important, because coverages can be disguised presnap. And since they are all lined up in the same small field of view, you can diagnose both at the same time to an extent.

These things all give you clues about where the holes in the defense will be.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.

Last edited by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞; 08-25-2021 at 12:21 PM.
Old 08-25-2021, 01:33 PM   #20
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

The worst INTs are the ones where your receiver is wide open and your QB just decided to throw it straight to the defender instead.

For me most INTs are misreads by myself. But there are a few cheapies sometimes.
Old 08-25-2021, 01:49 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

I do feel like some of mine are misreads and pressure throws. But like someone earlier stated, those comebacks where you fire it just before the break, the WR turns and it should be shielded from the DB but the DB makes an aggressive move for the pick......burns me up. It almost feels like the pass gets there in slo-mo to facilitate the pick. HAHA
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2021, 01:49 PM   #22
Pro

patsfan1993's Arena

OVR: 8

In addition to what oblivion discussed above, I almost always use presnap motion to indicate a tell in the coverage. You just gotta remember to presnap motion on running plays when not playing the CPU as it would be a tell to the defense
Old 08-25-2021, 02:26 PM   #23
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11

I love when my receiver decides to run directly behind a defender instead of in front of him on a slant or an in - thanks bud.

I also notice that defenders often react the moment you press a button - so if your WR is running a deep slant and seems open and you press the button, the safety on the other side immediately breaks on the ball - no reaction time. And if he happens to be an X-Factor safety, forget it. Happened to me paying against the Pats with McCourty floating around out there.

I have moved INTs to 25 and Defense Pass Reaction to 47 (courtesy of Armor's sliders) and my last game I had Brissett (filling in for a hurt Tua) throw 2 picks - one was the aforementioned pick to McCourty and then one on the last play of the game when down three scores. If it wasn't a test franchise, that one would not have happened. I still may drop both of those settings a bit more but I want to play a few more games first.
Old 08-25-2021, 03:06 PM   #24
Rookie

Dsabol715's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJin2011tm
The worst INTs are the ones where your receiver is wide open and your QB just decided to throw it straight to the defender instead.

For me most INTs are misreads by myself. But there are a few cheapies sometimes.
I get at least one a game of those!
Pokemon LeafGreen

Teams:
New York Jets
New York Mets
Philadelphia Flyers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »