Home

Interception Fest

This is a discussion on Interception Fest within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2021, 03:13 PM   #25
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Interception Fest

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdgoalie37
I love when my receiver decides to run directly behind a defender instead of in front of him on a slant or an in - thanks bud.

I also notice that defenders often react the moment you press a button - so if your WR is running a deep slant and seems open and you press the button, the safety on the other side immediately breaks on the ball - no reaction time. And if he happens to be an X-Factor safety, forget it. Happened to me paying against the Pats with McCourty floating around out there.

I have moved INTs to 25 and Defense Pass Reaction to 47 (courtesy of Armor's sliders) and my last game I had Brissett (filling in for a hurt Tua) throw 2 picks - one was the aforementioned pick to McCourty and then one on the last play of the game when down three scores. If it wasn't a test franchise, that one would not have happened. I still may drop both of those settings a bit more but I want to play a few more games first.
I agree. The pass D reaction is a little too good. Like as you said as soon as you press the button they change directions instantaneously.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2021, 03:23 PM   #26
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12
Interception Fest

This is pretty egregious. I hope they fix it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Madden/comm...tm_name=iossmf

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-26-2021, 12:32 AM   #27
MVP

bigjdotcom01's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplate
This is pretty egregious. I hope they fix it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Madden/comm...tm_name=iossmf

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
He must have been watching the scoreboard, SMDH
Old 08-26-2021, 12:48 AM   #28
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
Try reading the defense. Works for me.
I mean, I know you're being a little flippant but I totally agree with you.

If you set up your audibles as to allow yourself to get in and out of different passing concepts quickly, if you also know how to read the defense pre-snap, and you make it a priority to protect the football within the limitations of your quarterback, it's very possible to pass effectively on All Madden default sliders.

At the same time, I agree with others that All Madden is capable of righteously punishing mistakes in passing - be it reading coverage incorrectly, chucking up junk on scrambles, or throwing a ball late.

I feel like play callers in Madden favor vertical passing concepts on offense and Cover 3 Sky on defense. People - myself included - probably need to use the horizontal stretch passing concepts - Stick, Spacing, and Scat in particular - a little more. Simply keeping a drive on schedule is very valuable on All Madden.

Last edited by CM Hooe; 08-26-2021 at 12:52 AM.
Old 08-26-2021, 12:52 AM   #29
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe

If you set up your audibles as to allow yourself to get in and out of different passing concepts quickly, if you also know how to read the defense pre-snap, and you make it a priority to protect the football within the limitations of your quarterback, it's very possible to pass effectively on All Madden default sliders.

At the same time, I agree with others that All Madden is capable of righteously punishing mistakes in passing - be it reading coverage incorrectly, chucking up junk on scrambles, or throwing a ball late.

Being a beat too slow on getting rid of the ball is what gets me most. Releasing the ball as the QB is getting hit, so frustrating but deserved in my case.
Old 08-26-2021, 12:59 AM   #30
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe

I feel like play callers in Madden favor vertical passing concepts on offense and Cover 3 Sky on defense. People - myself included - probably need to use the horizontal stretch passing concepts - Stick, Spacing, and Scat in particular - a little more. Simply keeping a drive on schedule is very valuable on All Madden.
True. But people forget the other tricks in the bag: play-action, screens, the run game, and so on. And PA does actually work. I’ve had success with it since I think Madden 16. As long as the defensive line doesn’t destroy you, that is. But the spacing is usually a lot better on PA, the read is more easily defined, and usually the routes are dynamic and less dependent on precise timing. (Ironically, this is part of why it’s also easier in real football to do PA than straight drop back passing)
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 08-26-2021, 03:09 AM   #31
Rookie

Richie71's Arena

I'm starting to figure out a lot of my plays and reads now. We all get to a point where they might not be "money" plays, but we have plays we understand. Then know them well enough to be able to get the first read pre-snap, and the pre-snap reads gives you one or two defenders to read to know where to go.

I got one match in last night. vs Washington. Tough for my line as Tyron Smith got hit by the "tired of losing" scenario when we were 2-2, won a game, then lost, then he retired, but that's another issue. I three two INTs. First, on the 3, I'm in I with twin TEs. They come out 5-3 goal line, so I know it's Amari Cooper vs a safety in 1-1 and call slant. I rifle it in, and the defender undercuts and intercepts. Annoying but possible. The 2nd INT purely my fault. Deep routes covered, I checked down to a drag and didn't see the robber defender who stepped in front.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2021, 05:18 AM   #32
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

OVR: 19

I’m happy someone posted this because i am having so much issues. Idk what they are doing with the defense. I am on all madden been playing madden for many years but it seems the wr doesn’t catch the ball for nothing. It seems no matter what the ball is thrown an int it can be a slant the wr beat the db i throw it and the wr just stop and the db catch its very annoying . This int fest has been happening the last two years. It wasn’t like this in madden 20. Any tips I appreciate

https://www.youtube.com/@B1g___Boned

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »