Home

Madden 22 Franchise Mode: Improvements Are Only a Step in the Right Direction

This is a discussion on Madden 22 Franchise Mode: Improvements Are Only a Step in the Right Direction within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2021, 08:30 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 22 Franchise Mode: Improvements Are Only a Step in the Right Direction

To be clear,pretty much everyone replying likes this game & only sim the actual games?

Only mostly negative one was from a person who appears to play the game?

I played the demo,felt like same game as madden 17(I still play that one,for roster reasons & because Madden is pretty much the same except they added the running quarterback in Madden 21,thanks to Lamar Jackson).

Its kinda strange to watch,read negative reviews then come to operationsports and see mostly positive reviews,or ea making the game better post.

I mostly enjoyed the original post, and madden still good,hence why I still play madden 17. But it definitely needs a complete over haul.
Old 08-31-2021, 09:07 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Madden 22 Franchise Mode: Improvements Are Only a Step in the Right Direction

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyK
I was talking about their development specifically more than the XP. In short, there were way too many elite pass rushers every draft(SS's and xfactors in the high 70s and low 80s) and 0 elite OL. That issue gets compounded when a) OL can't earn development games and b) OL can't improve their development under any circumstances even after a pro bowl season. On the flip, pass rushers get multiple development games sometimes as a rookie, so even on non controlled teams it got way out of wack.

I haven't played franchise yet on 22 obviously but I was hoping they found a way around this.

I go in draft class. Scroll to OL and randomly pick a T, G and C and change them to a SS or Xfactor

I try and not peek at names. But at my age I wouldn’t remember them anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-31-2021, 11:38 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotRosKO
To be clear,pretty much everyone replying likes this game & only sim the actual games?

I played the demo,felt like same game as madden 17(I still play that one,for roster reasons & because Madden is pretty much the same except they added the running quarterback in Madden 21,thanks to Lamar Jackson).

Its kinda strange to watch,read negative reviews then come to operationsports and see mostly positive reviews,or ea making the game better post.

I mostly enjoyed the original post, and madden still good,hence why I still play madden 17. But it definitely needs a complete over haul.
I think the vast majority of people on this board play the games out.

― Plato
Old 08-31-2021, 09:53 PM   #20
Rookie

Ok thanks for clarifying.
Yeah I love madden 17 so 22 is just as good. I'm just not into scouting and assistant coaching hires. And use classic rosters so no need for the updated scrambling they added a few years back.
But I agree the game is good.
Old 08-31-2021, 10:00 PM   #21
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by malky
Franchise presentation needs better immersion as well
Hence the addition of press conferences and news reel. Of course it has miles to go. But unless you mean in game presentation, some upgrades have been made, minor as they are.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2021, 04:00 AM   #22
Rookie

Too be honest it all feels very stale. Presentation wise nothing seems to have improved. I miss the immersion.
Old 09-01-2021, 08:52 PM   #23
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotRosKO

I question your powers of observation, or at least your chosen measurement unit, because there’s quite the difference in gameplay even on last gen between 17 and 21.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 09-01-2021, 11:33 PM   #24
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
Absolutely this. If I could have two wishes in Madden the first would be fuzzy ratings (seeing a range where a guy’s ratings are that tightens the more you scout him) and reworked progression.

Reps should matter some. But not stat based progression. It’s totally backward.
Just let me go into the options menu in franchise and select a ratings scale. 1-100 or 2-8. If I'm looking at my roster and one guy shows 92 speed, and the other has 88, I'm always playing the 92. If they both showed as 7, I'm really gonna have to 'scout' these guys in preseason games and see who I like.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »