Home

Face Of The Franchise is SO Bad.

This is a discussion on Face Of The Franchise is SO Bad. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2021, 01:47 AM   #1
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Face Of The Franchise is SO Bad.

I'm still waiting on the scouting update for Franchise, so I decided to blast through Face of The Franchise.

Straight to the point - I don't understand the point of any of this. The writing is cringe. The characters are as shallow as a puddle and have no motivations. There's no story arc. None of the choices are presented in a way to suggest they matter. The College Football Playoff games are brain-dead easy to dominate. The CPU team in The Yard special event keeps throwing the ball out of bounds. Nothing has any stakes. The text captions don't line up with the audio voice acting clips. None of the drills teach you how to play Madden, so this isn't for beginners, which I could at least say that about Longshot. It doesn't teach football at all, either.

Face Of The Franchise is entirely forgettable story and boring chore of a video game. I don't understand for what sort of Madden player it is made for. This is easily the worst part of Madden 22.

Last edited by CM Hooe; 09-02-2021 at 01:50 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2021, 03:10 AM   #2
Rookie

Richie71's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Face Of The Franchise is SO Bad.

I've played as far as the first college game, and am finding dull.

Last year was bad enough. Corny stories. Throw for 700 yards and 10 TDs in the bowl game, and still hear the coach wants a change at QB. How do they sign this stuff off for release?
Old 09-02-2021, 03:34 AM   #3
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12

I miss Longshot. At least it had made for the CW tv mini series cheesy charm going for it.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-02-2021, 06:24 AM   #4
Banned

Idk why your even playing it lol I've heard about it doesn't interest me at all

Sent from my SM-G996U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-02-2021, 07:43 AM   #5
Pro

Cory Levy's Arena

I understand the idea behind wanting to have a single player "you are the star" campaign-ish mode but they write the stories in such a supremely lackluster way.

I still stand by the idea that instead of Face of the Franchise mode, if they want a cinematic story mode they should have a mode where you can choose one of two, three, four teams and play as them through their current year with storylines interwoven and a branching story to play through. Instead of cringy player-focused story you could follow the Bengals as Joe Burrow plays his sophomore year returning from injury and whether or not they take the next step, you could follow the Cowboys and see if they finally break through as contenders instead of pretenders, you could follow the Packers and see how the drama between Rodgers and his team unfolds and if he win a second Super Bowl despite not being content.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2021, 08:25 AM   #6
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

If you're going to do a storyline/story mode you have to make choices matter. There has to be rewards for success and consequences for failure. What's the point if the outcome is the same no matter what you do on the field or what choices you make off of it. That's lazy. Not sure if because they devoted more time to other aspects of the game, that they didn't really touch FOF...but, to go 90's, it's wack right now!
Old 09-02-2021, 08:48 AM   #7
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

It's strange that they continue to invest half butt resources into this mode every year. It's always full of bugs and never gets a good reception. They should drop it and put their focus on the modes they already have. even if it's MUT that i have 0 interest in, at least a popular mode would get better rather than having a whole team devoted to bad writing and bad acting every cycle.
Old 09-02-2021, 01:53 PM   #8
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I'm still waiting on the scouting update for Franchise, so I decided to blast through Face of The Franchise.

Straight to the point - I don't understand the point of any of this. The writing is cringe. The characters are as shallow as a puddle and have no motivations. There's no story arc. None of the choices are presented in a way to suggest they matter. The College Football Playoff games are brain-dead easy to dominate. The CPU team in The Yard special event keeps throwing the ball out of bounds. Nothing has any stakes. The text captions don't line up with the audio voice acting clips. None of the drills teach you how to play Madden, so this isn't for beginners, which I could at least say that about Longshot. It doesn't teach football at all, either.

Face Of The Franchise is entirely forgettable story and boring chore of a video game. I don't understand for what sort of Madden player it is made for. This is easily the worst part of Madden 22.
Is this your first rodeo with the mode? By my memory, they are all incredibly cringe.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »