Home

"Expect a Title Update at the end of this week or next"

This is a discussion on "Expect a Title Update at the end of this week or next" within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2021, 01:37 PM   #33
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: "Expect a Title Update at the end of this week or next"

Edge rush is still much slower/weaker than it should be which makes passing too easy and coverage too loose feeling. This maybe more exaggerated in User Franchise games than vs AM CPU where they get the boosts so the pass rush comes quicker, coverage is tighter.

But things are not well balanced on the User v User front within franchise mode and that's a major wart for those of us who play primarily there, looking for realism. But it's not a 'core' issue with say movement etc. It's mostly tuning.

Deep zone AI is terrible across all modes and still needs an AI upgrade which goes beyond #s tuning.

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues
Old 09-01-2021, 01:40 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
I am with you on gameplay and so is EA.

They made it crystal clear the next gen player movement is their vision and they are not wavering.

If they give in that will be Madden 23.

This game is hardcoded with this amazing player movement.

If they cave to the whiners I will stick with Madden 22 for years to come.

I am extremely happy with the gameplay.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I hope your right! They are finally moving towards realism with coverages movement etc..... What people don't realize is when you call a certain coverage you're guaranteed to give up something there isn't one coverage that takes away everything. Now you add in the fact that sometimes the QB has a lot of time to throw guarantee there's going to be a blown coverage or someone's going to be wide open. Gone out of those days where one coverage takes care of every single play. I really hope you're right and they don't change anything in regards to that.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-01-2021, 02:42 PM   #35
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aestis
Edge rush is still much slower/weaker than it should be which makes passing too easy and coverage too loose feeling. This maybe more exaggerated in User Franchise games than vs AM CPU where they get the boosts so the pass rush comes quicker, coverage is tighter.

But things are not well balanced on the User v User front within franchise mode and that's a major wart for those of us who play primarily there, looking for realism. But it's not a 'core' issue with say movement etc. It's mostly tuning.

Deep zone AI is terrible across all modes and still needs an AI upgrade which goes beyond #s tuning.
With you on this. But, zero pass protection and game-planning deep pass (and having good DEs) helps with this.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2021, 02:43 PM   #36
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram209
I hope your right! They are finally moving towards realism with coverages movement etc..... What people don't realize is when you call a certain coverage you're guaranteed to give up something there isn't one coverage that takes away everything. Now you add in the fact that sometimes the QB has a lot of time to throw guarantee there's going to be a blown coverage or someone's going to be wide open. Gone out of those days where one coverage takes care of every single play. I really hope you're right and they don't change anything in regards to that.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Operation Sports mobile app
QB should almost NEVER have a lot of time to throw. That's the biggest problem here, other than the fact that user AI doesn't aggressively attack their zones or the ball half the time.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 09-01-2021, 03:09 PM   #37
MVP

awffltony77's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
What gen console are you experiencing decent coverage on?

Read it's better on PS4 than PS5, but unsure if that's accurate.
Hi King!!

Sent from my REVVLRY using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-01-2021, 03:49 PM   #38
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
I am with you on gameplay and so is EA.

They made it crystal clear the next gen player movement is their vision and they are not wavering.

If they give in that will be Madden 23.

This game is hardcoded with this amazing player movement.

If they cave to the whiners I will stick with Madden 22 for years to come.

I am extremely happy with the gameplay.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I never ever ever ever ever thought id say this about Madden being that as long as I can remember ive been impatiently waiting for patches to fix stuff but I am genuinely terrified that they are going to eff this game up with a patch lmao.

Coverage could definitely be better but I can accept it right now and I really fear changing it will bork something else.

Just seems to me that in the past Madden has been real fragile when it comes to changes. Fixes break other things quite often if im remembering correctly.

I really like where gameplay is at right now.
Old 09-01-2021, 04:14 PM   #39
Rookie

GridironGreat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
QB should almost NEVER have a lot of time to throw. That's the biggest problem here, other than the fact that user AI doesn't aggressively attack their zones or the ball half the time.
Been saying exactly this. The 4man rush needs to be a click faster, to go along with some coverage tuning.
Old 09-01-2021, 04:15 PM   #40
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
I never ever ever ever ever thought id say this about Madden being that as long as I can remember ive been impatiently waiting for patches to fix stuff but I am genuinely terrified that they are going to eff this game up with a patch lmao.

Coverage could definitely be better but I can accept it right now and I really fear changing it will bork something else.

Just seems to me that in the past Madden has been real fragile when it comes to changes. Fixes break other things quite often if im remembering correctly.

I really like where gameplay is at right now.
I know it doesn’t mean they’ll definitely get it right but they talked in the podcasts and I think it was Clint and/or Swami who said it, but they acknowledged that they’ve been patch hungry in the past and broken things by rushing out patches and their plan for this year is to make sure they get it right even if that means it takes longer for a fix to come out. Again, take that for what it is because they left a ton of the beta bugs in the game for full release but it’s nice to know they’re being cautious with their patches.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »