Home

COWBOYS pants

This is a discussion on COWBOYS pants within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2021, 08:23 PM   #9
Rookie

Lonestar80's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: COWBOYS pants

I’d love to see it fixed and I think it will eventually get fixed, but I’m not gonna pester EA. Hats off to you and your commitment though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
As someone who had to deal with EA screwing up the 49ers helmets and pants for years, I feel your pain. Here’s how we got the 49ers uniform right, if you want to do the same:

Emailed the NFLPA, saying the game was mismanaging their players’ and the league’s brand (and they responded, saying they’d forward the concern to the appropriate people).

Emailed 49ers PR.

Tweeted to 49ers PR.

Tweeted to Jed York (constantly)

Spoke to EA people who frequented the forums.

Spammed every EA twitter.

Emailed EA Tiburon in every way possible (including filling out job applications to point out the helmets are supposed to be metallic, not flat tan).

And many other things.

We tried to avoid being jerks about it. But we DID get responses and DID get them to change it. They even made it a little bit of a hype-build by not so subtly showing off Frank Gore’s golden helmet.

Point is, there are many points of contact where you can make your disatisfaction with the Cowboys uniform known. They are touting such things as “authenticity,” so use that buzzword. And be polite.
Old 09-29-2021, 08:26 PM   #10
Rookie

Lonestar80's Arena

I love the quirky traditional white look. The new pants they wear with the white jerseys are an upgrade, but I liked the seafoam pants too. Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by loungefly85
I noticed that too watching the game last night.

You can definitely see the change from 2019 to 2020. https://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GU...ms&team_id=DAL

As an aside though.... While I typically loathe the Cowboys, the media obsessing over them, and the oversaturation of primetime or nationally televised games they play a year.... Every uniform combination OTHER than their typical combo are the best looking uniforms in the league. I love the dark navy blue, silver, and white. It's a shame they insist on those light blue/metallic pants and non matching blue on the numbers for 75% of their games.
Old 09-29-2021, 11:18 PM   #11
Pro

ReturnoftheTmac's Arena

Quote:

You can definitely see the change from 2019 to 2020. https://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GU...ms&team_id=DAL

As an aside though.... While I typically loathe the Cowboys, the media obsessing over them, and the oversaturation of primetime or nationally televised games they play a year.... Every uniform combination OTHER than their typical combo are the best looking uniforms in the league. I love the dark navy blue, silver, and white. It's a shame they insist on those light blue/metallic pants and non matching blue on the numbers for 75% of their games.

Couldn’t agree more. Their primaries are such an eye sore and everything is so clean. Almost makes me mad watching em cuz they’re ALWAYS in those hot gaar-bahj

edit: also! If you were alternate navy on madden McCarthy is still wearing the royal blue hat. Doubt it’ll get fixed this year but just throwing it out there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2021, 02:44 PM   #12
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

Their Navy unis are awesome. It has driven me crazy how cheap their "home whites" look. They have royal blue numbers and stripes with aqua pants and it all clashes with the silver helmet and navy star. I have no idea why, but they are the only team in the NFL whose uniform colors don't match the helmet. Weird.
Old 09-30-2021, 06:58 PM   #13
BRING BACK F2000 HELMET!!

l8knight1's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
Their Navy unis are awesome. It has driven me crazy how cheap their "home whites" look. They have royal blue numbers and stripes with aqua pants and it all clashes with the silver helmet and navy star. I have no idea why, but they are the only team in the NFL whose uniform colors don't match the helmet. Weird.
The Cowboys are famous for their white color scheme being mixed up, especially as it pertains to the pants. While they have had grey and even silver pants over the years, the strange color blueish pants they made famous came from Tex Schramm. Legend has it that he wanted to use the same color as the material in the seats of his wife’s car at the time. The star on the helmet was royal blue for a time, and the numbers on their whites were navy for a good chunk of the 70s. Schramm had the Cowboys wear white at home to highlight the visiting teams’ colors in part and to market the NFL more greatly as a whole. Most other teams wore dark colors at home at that time. He was a catalyst in the AFL/NFL merger in the 60s.

Last edited by l8knight1; 09-30-2021 at 07:10 PM.
Old 10-01-2021, 10:23 PM   #14
Pro

Cory Levy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by l8knight1
The Cowboys are famous for their white color scheme being mixed up, especially as it pertains to the pants. While they have had grey and even silver pants over the years, the strange color blueish pants they made famous came from Tex Schramm. Legend has it that he wanted to use the same color as the material in the seats of his wife’s car at the time. The star on the helmet was royal blue for a time, and the numbers on their whites were navy for a good chunk of the 70s. Schramm had the Cowboys wear white at home to highlight the visiting teams’ colors in part and to market the NFL more greatly as a whole. Most other teams wore dark colors at home at that time. He was a catalyst in the AFL/NFL merger in the 60s.

Dallas also forced opposing teams to be situated on the sunny side of the stadium, thus they'd be in darker colors in the sun while Dallas was in more cooling white. Anything to get a leg up o the competition!

As a Cowboys fan, while I love how iconic and traditional their uniforms are, I wish they gelled better. The silver helmet contrast so harshly with the rest of the uniform, especially the pants. Their new pairing of the navy blue jerseys with straight white pants is dope as hell and I'd vote for that to be their new general uniforms with a better matching helmet (thinking straight white with a redesigned, sleeker star would be baller).
Old 10-02-2021, 03:08 PM   #15
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19

It's funny how iconic the Cowboys' white uniforms are considering what a trainwreck they are from a design point of view. I lose track of how many shades of blue they feature.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »