Home

Scouting Patch

This is a discussion on Scouting Patch within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2021, 10:36 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Scouting Patch

Ok game drops tonight, every single franchise user has to wait or be forced to restart after the scouting patch drops yet EA has given no time table for the patch or better yet a set date. I can’t imagine there is tha much programming left to be done so why the silence. Waiting another 6+ weeks is going to be brutal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2021, 02:23 PM   #2
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Scouting Patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by SconnieNation7
Ok game drops tonight, every single franchise user has to wait or be forced to restart after the scouting patch drops yet EA has given no time table for the patch or better yet a set date. I can’t imagine there is tha much programming left to be done so why the silence. Waiting another 6+ weeks is going to be brutal.
EA has consistently said “September” for the scouting feature title update. They have been saying this since June.

EA further cannot provide us an exact date until the title update clears first-party approvals. Once Sony and Microsoft clear the updates, only then will we get a firm date.

The last thing any of us franchise players want is for EA to say “scouting is coming on X day” only for that day to come and go because the update got rejected by Sony or MSFT.
Old 08-16-2021, 02:29 PM   #3
Pro

So you really want EA, who does not have the sole authority to determine when a patch is released, to come out and say "the patch will be out September xx" And if they are not able to deliver this patch due to circumstances beyond their control, what would your thread consist of?

Perhaps EA should have waited until September XX to release the game with the patch?

Or perhaps EA should have released the game in August with a bugged/glitched scouting with a promise to patch it in September?

Or perhaps EA should be the first video game company to release a perfectly flawless product?
Old 08-16-2021, 02:35 PM   #4
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennylc321
So you really want EA, who does not have the sole authority to determine when a patch is released, to come out and say "the patch will be out September xx" And if they are not able to deliver this patch due to circumstances beyond their control, what would your thread consist of?

Perhaps EA should have waited until September XX to release the game with the patch?

Or perhaps EA should have released the game in August with a bugged/glitched scouting with a promise to patch it in September?

Or perhaps EA should be the first video game company to release a perfectly flawless product?
Or perhaps people can just learn patience and be glad the scouting update is coming to Madden 22 as a patch vs having to wait for it in Madden 23 (which they essentially said was the only other option).
Old 08-16-2021, 03:24 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Have they confirmed it will require a franchise restart? I'm hoping it's like last year with the franchise updates.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2021, 03:28 PM   #6
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerskunk
Have they confirmed it will require a franchise restart? I'm hoping it's like last year with the franchise updates.
This much has been confirmed. If you start a franchise now, that franchise file will continue to use the legacy scouting game mechanics following the September update.

If you want to use the new scouting gameplay mechanics, you will need to start a new franchise following the update, similar to what happened in Madden 20 when offensive linemen X-Factor abilities were added to the game post-launch.

Source
Quote:
One of the most highly-requested features for Franchise was a more robust scouting feature when searching for your future star player. Since Scouting is a significant structural overhaul and fundamental piece of the Franchise experience, there will be a Live Service update targeted for September. In order to take advantage of the new scouting feature, you will have to restart your Franchise after the Title Update. Don't want to engage with the new scouting? No problem! You will be able to keep the legacy scouting and continue your Franchise after the Title Update.
Old 08-16-2021, 04:24 PM   #7
Banned

SouthernWarrior's Arena

Given all the insane bugs in this game, I’d look closer to october for a release date… where inevitably the first scout mode will be filled w even more bugs making it unplayable

So probably November!
Old 08-16-2021, 04:37 PM   #8
Rookie

ShadyFan25's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernWarrior
Given all the insane bugs in this game, I’d look closer to october for a release date… where inevitably the first scout mode will be filled w even more bugs making it unplayable

So probably November!
Am I the only person not seeing any "Insane bugs" so far? I mean there are a couple small UI bugs I noticed but nothing out of the ordinary for a game that isn't technically out yet. You're being very dramatic.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »