Home

Madden NFL 22 Scouting Update Pushed to Mid-October - More Details Revealed

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 22 Scouting Update Pushed to Mid-October - More Details Revealed within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2021, 03:39 PM   #25
Rookie

dh13king's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 22 Scouting Report - Gridiron Notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyK
I hope everyone realizes where this is going. "Targeting mid October" is going go mean a Thanksgiving release at best. Is what it is. I probably will just wait, Madden has gotten so stale that maybe it's what I need for a rejuvenation period. Still have a big backlog of games to get through.
Did you read the article? They said it's coming out October. Not targeting October, but October.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2021, 03:42 PM   #26
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyK
I hope everyone realizes where this is going. "Targeting mid October" is going go mean a Thanksgiving release at best. Is what it is. I probably will just wait, Madden has gotten so stale that maybe it's what I need for a rejuvenation period. Still have a big backlog of games to get through.
Quote:
We are taking the time to ensure scouting is polished with some additional testing and scouting will be available to all players as part of a Title Update coming in mid-October.
Where does it say targeting?
Old 09-17-2021, 03:42 PM   #27
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

If EA truly wants Franchise mode to work as a live service - and they should want that, it will work better for everyone - the practice of releasing updates which require restarts for Franchise users to enjoy the new content absolutely has to stop.

In two calendar years across three games we’ve now seen two major post-launch updates to Franchise mode which required users to abandon their player development and draft classes to use new features - first the addition of many new Superstar X-Factor abilities and offensive linemen Superstar abilities in Madden 20, and now this scouting update. Both updates required users to restart their leagues to use.

It doesn’t speak well to the ability of EA to deliver on their goal of making Franchise mode a live service if my progress in the mode is at risk of being lost with each new fun feature they build and deliver.

Let me be clear - the actual content of the scouting update looks great. It is a significant value add for Franchise mode. But it absolutely should have been built to be seamlessly compatible with franchises started when we all bought the game. That EA continues to require Franchise users to abandon their game progress is simply unacceptable for a live service video game. I cannot think of a single other live service game that works like this.
Old 09-17-2021, 03:44 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilrosati56
Damn...wWell I guess I'll just start my Steelers franchise, and then wherever this comes out start over with a proper rebuild.... Not the end of the world I guess, I usually end up restarting a franchise anyway.
Yeah, I'm disappointed it's delayed but I don't feel like waiting any longer to kick my franchise off. My first franchise save is usually trial and error anyways.
Old 09-17-2021, 03:45 PM   #29
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzMan
Then next time, don't announce the feature before launch

They knew what they were doing. Guys won't start their leagues if the update wasn't ready. That's close to 32 people each league. Some of those guys are going to pass time by playing their money modes. I tried saying this the last time we were getting antsy on here about the update and ya'll shut it down lol

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk
So lay out exactly what you think is happening here. The update is done, and EA is holding it back to get people onto MUT? Or...?
Old 09-17-2021, 03:45 PM   #30
Rookie

The scouting update looks great but won’t matter much if the draft logic around QBs is still broken.
Old 09-17-2021, 03:46 PM   #31
Rookie

dh13king's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
So lay out exactly what you think is happening here. The update is done, and EA is holding it back to get people onto MUT? Or...?
I don't think he realizes most diehard Franchise players don't touch MUT at all
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2021, 03:46 PM   #32
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I do feel bad for owners of large leagues that were waiting to start today.

I do recall the executive that announced scouting feature mentioned they were

going to wait and put it in for 23, but they decided to cram it in for 22.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »