Home

Will Franchise Ever Get a Patch?

This is a discussion on Will Franchise Ever Get a Patch? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2021, 02:53 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Will Franchise Ever Get a Patch?

At this point I think it would be best if EA continued to release yearly updates for online and introduce a long term servicing branch for franchise that they sub'd to a new development team. LTSB would have a monthly pay model that incentivises the new dev team to respond to community requests. Id pay 4.99/mo for access to monthly franchise updates. I think others would as well.

The model I've explained would then create two separate revenue streams with a financial gain for developing franchise correctly.

Madden is always going to be subpar because of their insistence on a yearly release cycle. They just can't stay ahead.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2021, 05:59 PM   #26
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

OVR: 31

I guess my problem with the radio silence is that they want to treat this game, franchise in particular, as a live service. That does require more engagement with your community, the good and the bad. I play Destiny and I will say, the early years of Bungie NOT being forthcoming with information or giving timelines or whatnot led to a ton of distrust and animosity.

I know they are two totally different games, but I think EA wanting to treat Franchise as a Live Service is probably a bit misleading and expectations need to be reset...that requires them to come out talk to their customers and take it on the chin and then hit the reset button. All in all, EA has lost all benefit of the doubt with their own negligence throughout the years, not just this year.

Last edited by jkra0512; 10-10-2021 at 06:18 PM.
Old 10-11-2021, 11:39 AM   #27
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcrf
The progressive fatigue will be fixed when we get the scouting update, Swami has tweeted it a few times we just haven't gotten a big confirmation tweet, I'm assuming so they don't get destroyed if it doesn't make it in.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Operation Sports mobile app
Lmao this is the most contrary message. "It will be fixed" but they won't give a big confirmation tweet so they dont get destroyed if "it doesn't get fixed". So there's no guarantee it will get fixed then lol
Old 10-11-2021, 12:06 PM   #28
Rookie

I think he’s just saying that their intention is to include a fix with the update but they can’t 100% confirm since there is always the risk of not passing QA in time, and they don’t want to overcommit if that does happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-11-2021, 12:13 PM   #29
MVP

tyler28's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkra0512
I guess my problem with the radio silence is that they want to treat this game, franchise in particular, as a live service. That does require more engagement with your community, the good and the bad. I play Destiny and I will say, the early years of Bungie NOT being forthcoming with information or giving timelines or whatnot led to a ton of distrust and animosity.

I know they are two totally different games, but I think EA wanting to treat Franchise as a Live Service is probably a bit misleading and expectations need to be reset...that requires them to come out talk to their customers and take it on the chin and then hit the reset button. All in all, EA has lost all benefit of the doubt with their own negligence throughout the years, not just this year.
Im a destiny 2 player and I agree it was bad in the beginning but they addressed it and are very active the community on all platforms.

At the moment destiny 2 is a great live service game and deals with feedback from the community very well. EA needs to take notes from bungie. Swami definitly needs an HR class on how to respond to customers and handle feedback good and bad. Right now EA doesnt respond because they cant handle the critisism without being emotional. All we are asking for is transparency and follow through on what is said. Right now they cant do that because it seems like a big lack of communication within EA and to the community. The two sides are so seperated and EA just keeps widening the gap.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk
Old 10-11-2021, 12:59 PM   #30
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler28
Swami definitly needs an HR class on how to respond to customers and handle feedback good and bad.
That is his personal account though (it easily pre-dates when he joined EA); it's not a sanitized "EA community rep" account. Yes, when you work for a company, you are always "representing" them so I get that angle. I'll be honest, I think he handles himself pretty darn well given how crappy people are on Twitter and as it is not an official account, there is only so much he can say without getting in deep doo-doo (which adds somewhat to the perception regarding his responses to 'feedback').
Old 10-11-2021, 01:07 PM   #31
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
That is his personal account though (it easily pre-dates when he joined EA); it's not a sanitized "EA community rep" account. Yes, when you work for a company, you are always "representing" them so I get that angle. I'll be honest, I think he handles himself pretty darn well given how crappy people are on Twitter and as it is not an official account, there is only so much he can say without getting in deep doo-doo (which adds somewhat to the perception regarding his responses to 'feedback').
Plus let's not forget that as far as "giving an exact release date" goes I'm sure he can't do that until everything is passed through and approved by Sony, Microsoft and whoever else it needs to go through. And even then he may not be able to because he's told not to. There's so much that goes on behind the scenes that we don't and will not ever know until we're on that side ourselves.

So while it sucks not getting information and as a Destiny player I fully understand how frustrating it is. It's out of our control, so me personally I lose no sleep over these things. It'll be here when it'll be here and we, the public can't make that happen any faster.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2021, 01:21 PM   #32
MVP

tyler28's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I was refering to his youtube responses i have not seen his twitter. He has since deleted his responses due to backlash. They werent very well recieved to say the least.

I get it his personal account but as an employee at any company once you insert said company that you work at into your personal account. Everything you say can be used for good or bad. I know people in my profession that have said things on their personal fb, twitter and have been let go because it has painted a bad light on that company. It doesnt matter if its a personal account anymore. Social media is a different beast now. Thats why I dont have a fb or twitter or youtube page. I dont need that headache and im not going to risk my job because I responded poorly to a disgruntled customer. In his responses he was responding directly to the community with argumentive and passive aggressive responses. Some of the comments directed at him were very valid points and yes some were not, so why choose to even argue with people? We are all customers who bought the game and there is frustration from the community. There has to be some accountablity when he is directly responding to customers in regards to madden and EA even on a personal account. I cant say whatever i want to a discruntled customer on social media, my company and many others make that clear. Why should he get a pass. It doesnt work that way. He is choosing to address the comunity in a negative way and it does represent EA regardless.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »