Home

Old 10-07-2021, 08:36 AM   #1
Rookie

John_Elway's Arena

OVR: 8
STUNNER

So I just started my Denver Broncos franchise last night. I had a big shocker in Week 4 of preseason when you have to do all the roster cuts. I noticed in the news as I was reading all the stories, there was one titled STUNNER, the Steelers released Ben Roethlisberger, I thought this was pretty crazy. So they were left with Dwayne Haskins as their #1 QB. However, in Week 1, they signed Robert Griffin III to be their starting QB. RG3 actually did great in Week 1, passed for 375 yards with 3 TDs and they did win.

Wondering if anyone else has had any other shocking new stories from their franchises??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2021, 08:44 AM   #2
Rookie

Dsabol715's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: STUNNER

Not in the news section, but I started year 4 of my franchise last night and Rodgers was a free agent at age 40/89 OVR/XSS. I thought that was odd.
Pokemon LeafGreen

Teams:
New York Jets
New York Mets
Philadelphia Flyers
Old 10-07-2021, 09:38 AM   #3
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsabol715
Not in the news section, but I started year 4 of my franchise last night and Rodgers was a free agent at age 40/89 OVR/XSS. I thought that was odd.

Same. I signed him and traded him to the Falcons for a 7th round pick cuz they didn't have a QB and he was still a FA in wk 2.
Old 10-07-2021, 09:40 AM   #4
Pro

GoJags904's Arena

No news shockers but the occasional draft bug etc. Like teams signing FA for positions already filled with developing young talent. Team building in madden needs a huge fix but I like the fact they aren't scared to part ways with players not progressing or whatnot. just dumb to let an Aaron go with no backup. Seattle has done it with letting Russell go with no viable qb, etc. Just no football common sense being used at all is what irks me but I try an ignore or just do offline an fix any issues or dumb mistakes teams make. if they draft a QB 2 yrs straight I trade him with the team needing one before or after their pick and take the other player instead. Whichever is closer to what they should've done.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

NFL --- JAX JAGUARS (DUUUUVAAAL)
MLB --- BOSTON RED SOX
NBA --- LAKERS4LIFE
NCAAF --- GATOR NATION (UF)
NCAAB --- DUKE BLUE DEVILS
MLS --- DC UNITED
BARCLAYS PL --- CHELSEA

MUSIC/ARTIST ALIAS --- SHIESTY SLIM
"CRAY CRAY" available on ITUNES, GOOGLE PLAY, AMAZON

Last edited by GoJags904; 10-07-2021 at 09:44 AM.
Old 10-07-2021, 10:00 AM   #5
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJags904
No news shockers but the occasional draft bug etc. Like teams signing FA for positions already filled with developing young talent. Team building in madden needs a huge fix but I like the fact they aren't scared to part ways with players not progressing or whatnot. just dumb to let an Aaron go with no backup. Seattle has done it with letting Russell go with no viable qb, etc. Just no football common sense being used at all is what irks me but I try an ignore or just do offline an fix any issues or dumb mistakes teams make. if they draft a QB 2 yrs straight I trade him with the team needing one before or after their pick and take the other player instead. Whichever is closer to what they should've done.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
What I've noticed is they release a player like Wilson or let him go and intend to draft a QB high but then teams like the Chiefs or Ravens draft a QB in the 1st round so often there's no viable options available.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2021, 10:34 AM   #6
MVP

Teleo's Arena

The logic of the AI is unreal…EA stated last year that they improved draft logic…but interesting things such as this occur at times in Madden
Old 10-07-2021, 10:50 AM   #7
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Yeah the CPU Jets drafted a QB at pick #2
Old 10-07-2021, 10:55 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
What I've noticed is they release a player like Wilson or let him go and intend to draft a QB high but then teams like the Chiefs or Ravens draft a QB in the 1st round so often there's no viable options available.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

I've noticed that injuries will cause that sometimes. Like if the starting QB is hurt during the draft the CPU will act like QB is a top need.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »