Home

Madden NFL 22 Scouting Update Arrives Tomorrow, October 12

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 22 Scouting Update Arrives Tomorrow, October 12 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2021, 06:49 AM   #41
Rookie

Connolly22's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Madden NFL 22 Scouting Update Arrives Tomorrow, October 12

Are we going to have to start our franchises over? I’m in year 5 and love where I’m at…can I use this on my current franchise?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2021, 06:52 AM   #42
Rookie

dh13king's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connolly22
Are we going to have to start our franchises over? I’m in year 5 and love where I’m at…can I use this on my current franchise?
The scouting update does not apply to existing franchises. They mentioned this when first introducing the scouting update and mentioning that it was coming post launch.
Old 10-12-2021, 07:02 AM   #43
Rookie

DatsunDimer's Arena

Re: Scouting Update Out Tomorrow " Confirmed "

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSeahawks
I just got done watching the video, and I think it is an improvement overall. Only thing I don't like is that the skills that unlock as you scout players seems to be random (some CB's for example only had one coverage rating unlocked, some had both, some had none).

It does seem like with a lot of later round picks you'll be taking shots in dark since you don't know a whole lot, unless you get lucky that a specific skill is unlocked and happens to be good. I'll be curious as to what OS thinks once we get our hands on the new scouting.
I wish the skills that are revealed were tied more directly to the team's scheme archetypes. If I am running a 3-4 vs a 4-3, I only care about a few skills of the OLBs (because we still don't have iDL and Edge). I think this would go a long way to provide users more relevant information even without a full skill reveal.

I think this will do a better job of capturing the educated guesswork AKA projection that is the NFL Draft with so few 100% scouted. Obviously this will hopefully be tweaked for '23 but seems like a good start. The other idea I would propose would be 100% reveal opportunities based on draft day. 3 for round 1, 3 for rounds 2-3, 3 for rounds 4-7 for example.
Old 10-12-2021, 07:24 AM   #44
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemarflacco
Any mention on if other things like progressive fatigue and rookie scans/player portraits will be includes in this title update?
Swami mentioned last week(I know it's in another thread) that progressive fatigue fix was in this title update.
Old 10-12-2021, 08:21 AM   #45
Pro

Cory Levy's Arena

After watching Bengal's video I'm not gonna lie, it's a little underwhelming from a viewing standpoint. It's a deeper and more involved scouting method but why is it ridiculously restrictive and unrealistic to how much information teams get pertaining to a prospect? In what world would a scout tell you about a CB's block shedding before his coverage abilities?

I like that it will lead to you not being able to draft 4-5 starters in every single draft because you have the one up on the CPU AI as you did in the older system but the way it goes about accomplishing that is sorta frustrating.

The problem with the Draft being largely random and not being an exact science doesn't grow out of teams and scouts not knowing enough about a player when in today's age they know literally everything about almost all prospects. The draft is a crap-shoot because of what happens once those rookies are in the league. That's where Franchise mode largely fails because you practically never have a "bust" player. If you feed a guy, make him a focus and he plays he won't ever not be a superstar regardless of where he starts from.
Old 10-12-2021, 08:55 AM   #46
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

I'll be honest as an older gamer who has little free time, I think I'm going to prefer the way it's always worked as it's quick and easy each week. I'll reserve judgement for later since I'll just stick with my CFM in progress since I'm having a blast with the Lions and will continue to use the current scouting system.

I am happy for those who want a deeper scouting module I just wish we could choose which one to use.

I do hope there are other fixes like CPU progressive fatigue and coverage fixes.
Old 10-12-2021, 08:55 AM   #47
Rookie

The scouting system we had up until Madden 21 was bad. Everyone knew how strong the prospects are. Only the CPU teams didn't.
For those of us who are older, the amount of information we get with the new system feels like what we used to have about 10 years ago. I actually forgot when the current scouting was installed.

And if I understand correctly, we get some more information when we expand the stuff tree.

And if you look at how the rookies from the real NFL drafts develop: no, you don't have all the information there either! No scout in the world knows how a player will develop. A little more randomness, bad luck or luck is good for the draft. No matter if you play alone against the CPU or in a 32 man league.
Old 10-12-2021, 08:55 AM   #48
Pro

MattyIce's Arena

Any other smaller updates unrelated to scouting included with the title update?

Blizzards in playoff games?
Jordan cleats broken in franchise
Coverage fixes
Progressive fatigue fixes

That’s just off the top of my head

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »