Home

Things missing from Scouting Update

This is a discussion on Things missing from Scouting Update within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-24-2021, 12:05 PM   #81
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Things missing from Scouting Update

Overall I like the scouting update it's a good first step but it needs a lot added to it (most which probably never will be). I'd love to see the following added:

- Actual variety in scouting reports that actually relates to player ratings. Right now scouting reports are virtually the same for every player. There's little variety and they don't seem to actually mean anything.

- Private Workouts - limiting it to 3 is just odd. I would also love it if you could actually see them working out and use them in scenarios. Last gen games for other sports have had this feature and it always added a level of realism.

- Draft busts. Every year there's multiple first round picks that don't pan out. For this they would need to have some way to hide ratings.

- CPU logic. Draft logic is awful right now. Teams who drafted QB's last year will take QB's again. Some teams will take two QBs in the same round. And then there's the trade logic, they took it from unrealistic one way to unrealistic the other way. Now trade offers for the #1 overall pick are a 1st and a 5th if you're lucky.

- less reliance on the rpg elements.

- draft show of some kind.

- A completely revamped draft. The draft is the second biggest event of the year in the NFL. In this game it's a boring screen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2021, 07:44 PM   #82
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11

I would like them to add in players college stats and award and injury history and have it effect there draft stock..Up and send in the mock draft in a realistic way..Redo the injury system it's a mess and not real
Old 11-26-2021, 09:23 PM   #83
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy_kmoney
I would like them to add in players college stats and award and injury history and have it effect there draft stock..Up and send in the mock draft in a realistic way..Redo the injury system it's a mess and not real
Would love to see prospects' stats from college. Adds another layer of decision making. Do you draft that genetic stud who couldn't perform to his measurements in college or do you take the lesser athlete who just flat out produced?
Old 11-28-2021, 04:31 AM   #84
Rookie

OVR: 3

So much is missing that it’s clear adding depth will never happen. If they had any intent to improve it, at least some of the stuff mentioned would exist. What bugs me most, though, is that you can’t even view basic combine stuff without going into each individual profile. Want to compare four corners? Good luck doing that without creating your own spreadsheet or pulling out a notebook.

The best hope we have for in-depth scouting and draft prep is probably the return of a college football game, wherein playing that game will serve as a stand-in for Madden’s lack of scouting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »