Home

Things missing from Scouting Update

This is a discussion on Things missing from Scouting Update within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2021, 11:37 AM   #17
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Things missing from Scouting Update

Do NOT back out of setting up your focus players, or you'll lose it entirely. You must complete it or you don't get it. So examine the guys you want first, then select that task.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 10-13-2021, 01:44 PM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
It’s not bug riddled just missing a lot of quality of life things. I will say I appreciate the effort but the scouting is even more boring than it was before, sure it’s harder and more realistic but it’s still just boring. It makes zero sense to have guys scouted to 80% and not have position specific ratings unlocked.
Gonna have to disagree with you here. There are definitely some major bugs, not getting the scouting boosts on focused players frequently, and the player notes not being accurate much of the time (example, every single QB and OL I looked at in the draft had notes indicating that they threw tight spirals and played with a high motor respectively, and only like half the QB's had the throws tight spiral trait, and NONE of the OL had the high motor trait).
Old 10-13-2021, 01:53 PM   #19
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitandbehitski
Gonna have to disagree with you here. There are definitely some major bugs, not getting the scouting boosts on focused players frequently, and the player notes not being accurate much of the time (example, every single QB and OL I looked at in the draft had notes indicating that they threw tight spirals and played with a high motor respectively, and only like half the QB's had the throws tight spiral trait, and NONE of the OL had the high motor trait).
What do you mean by this? You mean only at one appointed time, or do you mean you focus on them and then get nothing out of it? If it's the former that's by design. If the latter, then definitely a bug.

As for the notes, I wish they weren't traits in the first place. Or at least not only traits. Would be nice if they had ratings hints as well, e.g., "Hops like Moss but speed like a tight end."
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 10-13-2021, 02:13 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
What do you mean by this? You mean only at one appointed time, or do you mean you focus on them and then get nothing out of it? If it's the former that's by design. If the latter, then definitely a bug.

As for the notes, I wish they weren't traits in the first place. Or at least not only traits. Would be nice if they had ratings hints as well, e.g., "Hops like Moss but speed like a tight end."
The later, from what I've read it looks like if you are very careful and don't try to switch any screens or go into any other menus and know exactly who you're focusing you can get the boosts, but it seems pretty easy to get nothing out of if you open the wrong screen or switch something.

As for the player notes I agree they should be a lot more varied, but even as they are intended they clearly are either bugged, or they are literally just useless window dressing.
Old 10-13-2021, 02:37 PM   #21
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
It’s not bug riddled just missing a lot of quality of life things. I will say I appreciate the effort but the scouting is even more boring than it was before, sure it’s harder and more realistic but it’s still just boring. It makes zero sense to have guys scouted to 80% and not have position specific ratings unlocked.
It's absolutely bug riddled just stop it man. A lot of us are getting 0 point the focused scouting portion of the game which is one of the only times we get any sort of boost. How iso hat not a bug?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2021, 02:50 PM   #22
MVP

coachmac75's Arena

1) I think the positions need to be enhanced to a more modern view.
For instance LOLB/ROLb are totally meaningless we should have edge rushers vs off ball LB.

2) I think stats would be great to add on assessment. What NBA 2k has with shooting stats out of workouts are good too and could be revelaed for private workouts

3) Scouts should have a contract and subject to bids.

4) I think scout should have accuracy rating and efficiency ratings and the accuacy of their information / progression should be handled accordingly (the Show is a good benchmark for that).

5) I think we definitely needs enhanced interface to sort/filter data from the prospect list (2k is a good benchmark for this).

6) Real draft board should be back in game instead of that favourite list (this is the only downgrade from previous Draft preparation features)

"Sad to say but trades in madden leagues come down to who can take the most advantage of the dumbest users" Jack Wallace

Last edited by coachmac75; 10-13-2021 at 02:53 PM.
Old 10-13-2021, 02:54 PM   #23
Rookie

Faikanese's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
Do NOT back out of setting up your focus players, or you'll lose it entirely. You must complete it or you don't get it. So examine the guys you want first, then select that task.
With all the testing they supposedly did. I'm surprised they didn't catch that bug.
Old 10-13-2021, 03:08 PM   #24
Rookie

Faikanese's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachmac75
1) I think the positions need to be enhanced to a more modern view.
For instance LOLB/ROLb are totally meaningless we should have edge rushers vs off ball LB.

2) I think stats would be great to add on assessment. What NBA 2k has with shooting stats out of workouts are good too and could be revelaed for private workouts

3) Scouts should have a contract and subject to bids.

4) I think scout should have accuracy rating and efficiency ratings and the accuacy of their information / progression should be handled accordingly (the Show is a good benchmark for that).

5) I think we definitely needs enhanced interface to sort/filter data from the prospect list (2k is a good benchmark for this).

6) Real draft board should be back in game instead of that favourite list (this is the only downgrade from previous Draft preparation features)

Scouts and Coaches should have contracts and each team should have a Coaching Budget like in 2k. The only thing I wish NBA2k would put in is Coaching records for every year coached for each coach.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »