Home

Madden 22 Scouting Update Impressions

This is a discussion on Madden 22 Scouting Update Impressions within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2021, 10:25 AM   #65
Rookie

Ragnar84's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 22 Scouting Update Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Maybe it's just broken on Xbox, but you can't move players up/down on this new "favorites" list. It says to hold A, but that just registers as an A click and opens the prospect profile. I'm not sure how removing our draft board, giving it a kiddy-nonfootball name, and making it worse seemed like a good idea to them.

As far as I’ve read you can’t move them up or down, just add or remove. “Favorites” EA has no respect for realistic simulation football.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2021, 11:13 AM   #66
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar84
As far as I’ve read you can’t move them up or down, just add or remove. “Favorites” EA has no respect for realistic simulation football.

You definitely CAN reorder your favirites list on PS5. I did it prior to the Week 3 Mock Draft.
Old 10-14-2021, 11:21 AM   #67
MVP

Quote:
Maybe it's just broken on Xbox, but you can't move players up/down on this new "favorites" list. It says to hold A, but that just registers as an A click and opens the prospect profile. I'm not sure how removing our draft board, giving it a kiddy-nonfootball name, and making it worse seemed like a good idea to them.
What week are you tring to move players on your favorites list?

Ps5, I was able to reorder mine Week 1 through 3 so far.
Old 10-14-2021, 12:01 PM   #68
Rookie

Ragnar84's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktd1976
You definitely CAN reorder your favirites list on PS5. I did it prior to the Week 3 Mock Draft.

I’m in PC but I could only select them. Maybe I’m Wrong but I’m not at my PC to check

Old 10-14-2021, 12:20 PM   #69
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

I've tried during the regular season and during the postseason. Haven't been able to ever. There's a little prompt that says i can, but again it doesn't work. Maybe we can reach out to some real NFL scouts and ask them how their "favorites" list works lol
Old 10-14-2021, 12:22 PM   #70
MVP

eric7064's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Levy
I wouldn't vouch for the previous system being better as it's a moot point now but at least it gave a much better snapshot at what a player was actually good at instead of pure chaotic randomness for the sake of randomness.

This isn't much closer to what scouting is because scouts don't randomly asses things that have little value to a certain position over things that are crucial to that position. They would never tell you how much a WR is good at spin moves before how good his hands are.

This doesn't "simulate" football though because scouts know how good a prospect's route running is, they don't make guesses at it based on the other information they know about the player.

If you enjoy the new system all the more power to you but to claim it's super realistic seems off base to me. Just my personal opinion.

I think the old system we had too much information as a user and it made it way to easy to NEVER draft a bust. You could practically scout the first 3 rounds fully.

Now there is a bit more randomness to it, and it gives the user the ability to actually draft busts. So in that case I think it is more "realistic" despite less info given to us.

I cant say I am in love with the new system, but it certainly evens out the balance between USER/CPU in my opinion. I wish we had maybe 10 private workouts to get more players to 80%. Hopefully they listen to feedback and it only gets better with time.

Last edited by eric7064; 10-14-2021 at 12:24 PM.
Old 10-14-2021, 12:24 PM   #71
MVP

Quote:
I've tried during the regular season and during the postseason. Haven't been able to ever. There's a little prompt that says i can, but again it doesn't work. Maybe we can reach out to some real NFL scouts and ask them how their "favorites" list works lol
All I know is I reordered my favorites list before advancing to week 3 (offline feanchise) to see if the Mock draft changed with my list in a different order (it did)

So it definitely works on PS5
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2021, 01:15 PM   #72
Rookie

Ragnar84's Arena

Madden 22 Scouting Update Impressions

https://walterfootball.com/prospectmeetings/byteam/2019
Researched NFL prospect scouting and found this tracker for the 2019 draft class. It easily shows that pre-Covid teams had over 30 official visits in addition to private workouts and other events like the east west shrine game and senior bowl.
Now, I don’t expect all of this to be in the game but come on, the game allows only 3 private visits and no feedback from the senior bowl or east/west shrine bowl? They don’t announce who won the heisman trophy or any other yearly awards? Maybe they can’t due to licensing but you’re telling me they can’t create their own events or awards to add some details? This is why I have no faith in EA to actually make this feature or game realistic. Other than the SB,the draft is a huge event with massive build up for months. But how the game presents the draft and the scouting process it’s basically like the pro bowl.

Lastly, the scouting presentation is god awful.
Black and neon green, No colorful graphics or realistic player models, just text.
BARE BONES!

Last edited by Ragnar84; 10-14-2021 at 01:19 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »