Home

Madden 22 Updated Scouting tips

This is a discussion on Madden 22 Updated Scouting tips within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2022, 08:36 PM   #129
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Madden 22 Updated Scouting tips

Just want to say thanks for posting this scouting strategy, it works! I completed my first draft last night using this method and it went great! I started with 2 first rounders but I made some trades, including trading down several times and out of the 1st round with one of my picks to stock pile picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds as a lot of the players I was targeting were in those rounds. I knew it was going to be a good night when I got the "Stud Finder" trophy with my first overall pick at number 22 in the 1st round! Not a bad haul to start the rebuild of my Lions franchise.

RD1/PK22: TE, HIDDEN DEV, OVR 73, 87 SPD
RD2/PK3: WR, HIDDEN DEV, OVR 75, 94 SPD
RD2/PK6: MLB, NORMAL DEV, OVR 74, SPD 88
RD2/PK19: FS, NORMAL DEV, OVR 77, SPD 91
RD2/PK23: DT, NORMAL DEV, OVR 71, STR 90
RD3/PK11: QB, NORMAL DEV, OVR 66, THP 93
RD3/PK15: LOLB, HIDDEN DEV, OVR 71, SPD 86
RD3/PK22: C, HIDDEN DEV, OVR71, STR 90

"If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" -Tuco
Old 01-09-2022, 01:20 AM   #130
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Instant C1a55ic
Just got back into Madden for the first time since the end of November, and I got a few questions for Boom.

Just got to the Pro day/combine end, and you wrote to get rid of guys based upon their numbered ranking for those events. We talking anyone outside the top 3, or 4 for that specific position? Is it necessary to go back through and target the top players in speed/accel and/or strength?

Sent from my SM-F916U using Operation Sports mobile app
Depends on what you look for in a player at certain positions. Some schemes value different combine results over others. 3-4 and 4-3 lineman have different criteria of what makes them a dominant player in the physicals department. Do you prefer a speedy back who can bounce runs outside or do you want an in between the tackles runner who can run guys over? I would start with getting familiar with what types of players you want for your scheme. If a guy is poor in all categories I probably wouldn't take him Unless his scouting report was amazing.

As far as what combine scores mean to certain ratings there's charts for that with a little variance. A guy who runs a 4.3 40 could be between 92-94 speed for example.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
Old 01-15-2022, 05:35 AM   #131
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Instant C1a55ic
Just got back into Madden for the first time since the end of November, and I got a few questions for Boom.

Just got to the Pro day/combine end, and you wrote to get rid of guys based upon their numbered ranking for those events. We talking anyone outside the top 3, or 4 for that specific position? Is it necessary to go back through and target the top players in speed/accel and/or strength?

If it's close between certain players you can look at their ACTUAL numbers (4.34 vs 4.46 etc) to really compare them side by side but I don't usually find it necessary besides maybe once a game.

Sent from my SM-F916U using Operation Sports mobile app
Hey sorry for the late response!

I more so just eyeball it. Anyone in top 3-5 for speed and agility I'd be keeping. IT's moreso a process of ELIMINATION than being super selective. I find always they got some off 16th or 20th ranking for at least one speed category which eliminations for me.

And even from that, if I see beforehand or after a D or F injury rating, or D medium route, man coverage etc... that takes them out as well.

Most of my method is process of elimination.

---
The main thing still stands yes, all about speed/acceleration and strength (depending on position) plus anything that eliminates them from skill ratings. That's why the "process fo elimination" method helps a lot initially bc I think pretty much 100% anything "good-great" in those categories means it's not worth drafting
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2022, 05:39 AM   #132
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Gunfighter
Just want to say thanks for posting this scouting strategy, it works! I completed my first draft last night using this method and it went great! I started with 2 first rounders but I made some trades, including trading down several times and out of the 1st round with one of my picks to stock pile picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds as a lot of the players I was targeting were in those rounds. I knew it was going to be a good night when I got the "Stud Finder" trophy with my first overall pick at number 22 in the 1st round! Not a bad haul to start the rebuild of my Lions franchise.

RD1/PK22: TE, HIDDEN DEV, OVR 73, 87 SPD
RD2/PK3: WR, HIDDEN DEV, OVR 75, 94 SPD
RD2/PK6: MLB, NORMAL DEV, OVR 74, SPD 88
RD2/PK19: FS, NORMAL DEV, OVR 77, SPD 91
RD2/PK23: DT, NORMAL DEV, OVR 71, STR 90
RD3/PK11: QB, NORMAL DEV, OVR 66, THP 93
RD3/PK15: LOLB, HIDDEN DEV, OVR 71, SPD 86
RD3/PK22: C, HIDDEN DEV, OVR71, STR 90

Woo! awesome! Glad it could help.!

Just got done with a draft of mine own today:

DT round 1 pick 22: 76 (Superstar X Factor!)
DT round 2 pick 3: 73 (star)
LOLB round 2 pick 19: 72 (star)
ROLB round 2 pick 20: 69 (Superstar!)
ROLB round 2 pick 26: 73 (star)

It turns out I missed on a mid round 2 ROLB who also had superstar development (didn't even notice him! Wish I could go back and see all his stats..) but other than that a super clean draft.

---

My next draft I will be needing CB's so hopefully it's filled with them. Stay tuned!
Old 01-17-2022, 12:04 PM   #133
Rookie

Ragnar84's Arena

Madden 22 Updated Scouting tips

Just a thought. Instead of writing down data from prospects that you will need later in the season. Screenshot it by using the new windows snipping app or the nvidia GeForce screen capture. Not familiar with Mac but that’s the programs I utilize instead of trying to write down data.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-24-2022, 07:17 PM   #134
Banned

new theory, but it almost feels like the scouting classes are programmed to give you help at positions of need each season. still thinking of this idea but had some holes at CB for next year and suddenly looking at a few good in the class.
Old 01-25-2022, 01:58 PM   #135
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomFranchise
new theory, but it almost feels like the scouting classes are programmed to give you help at positions of need each season. still thinking of this idea but had some holes at CB for next year and suddenly looking at a few good in the class.
Unfortunately I have noticed just the opposite. I have been needing CB help for 2 years and the CB classes have been pathetic both years.

Update to my previously posted draft now that the Hidden Devs have been revealed.(I know I can check them under "Edit" but I prefer to just wait and let them play out).

RD1/PK22: TE, STAR, OVR 73, 87 SPD
RD2/PK3: WR, SUPERSTAR, OVR 75, 94 SPD (This guy is a beast if he can stay on the field. Would have probably been OROY but was injured twice for multiple weeks. Oddly his injury rating is like a 95)
RD3/PK15: LOLB, STAR, OVR 71, SPD 86
RD3/PK22: C, SUPERSTAR, OVR71, STR 90

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2022, 01:59 PM   #136
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomFranchise
Woo! awesome! Glad it could help.!

Just got done with a draft of mine own today:

DT round 1 pick 22: 76 (Superstar X Factor!)
DT round 2 pick 3: 73 (star)
LOLB round 2 pick 19: 72 (star)
ROLB round 2 pick 20: 69 (Superstar!)
ROLB round 2 pick 26: 73 (star)

It turns out I missed on a mid round 2 ROLB who also had superstar development (didn't even notice him! Wish I could go back and see all his stats..) but other than that a super clean draft.

---

My next draft I will be needing CB's so hopefully it's filled with them. Stay tuned!
Nice! I haven't hit on any X Factors yet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »