Home

Madden 22 Updated Scouting tips

This is a discussion on Madden 22 Updated Scouting tips within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2021, 10:02 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 22 Updated Scouting tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allday9128
I've seen this happen once, I went through and looked at a few of the top WR and only favorited them if they had great-elite speed. Got to the combine and pro day results and he had ran a 4.5 and 4.48 and then had solid speed.

I'm sure it's probably happened a few others times as well if it's happened once just never noticed it.

That's interesting. I'd be surprised if any player went from let's say a solid speed to Elite speed at any point. I've done maybe 4-5 draft classes so far and been able to spot the fastest 40 yard and acceleration results each time bc of the favorites I marked. It is definitely possible though and tbh once we get to combine/pro day I fully stop looking at "Athletic skills" and just look at the general placement of their times.

I'm pretty strict and rigid about the standard for players speed and acceleration. If they aren't at worst around 8th or better in both categories I have trouble drafting them unless they some sort of amazing skills for A that have been uncovered. Ideally guys from 3rd to 1st will almost always make my team provided no F skills in any other category.
Old 10-20-2021, 12:12 PM   #34
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomFranchise
That's interesting. I'd be surprised if any player went from let's say a solid speed to Elite speed at any point. I've done maybe 4-5 draft classes so far and been able to spot the fastest 40 yard and acceleration results each time bc of the favorites I marked. It is definitely possible though and tbh once we get to combine/pro day I fully stop looking at "Athletic skills" and just look at the general placement of their times.

I'm pretty strict and rigid about the standard for players speed and acceleration. If they aren't at worst around 8th or better in both categories I have trouble drafting them unless they some sort of amazing skills for A that have been uncovered. Ideally guys from 3rd to 1st will almost always make my team provided no F skills in any other category.
Ran through a draft, traded up for a CB in the first and hit really good. He ended up being a X Factor out of the gate.

Missed on my next 6 picks, it was frustrating. I guess I don't know what I did wrong?

Once you hit the combine and pro days, do I go back through and remove guys that have bad skills, and speed/accel is below elite? Do I check for guys that climbed and now have that elite speed/accel? I drafted guys that had "great" speed/accel and strength if called for. Not a single guy was above 70.

I'm not trying to hit on every single player, but 2-3 a draft above 70 would be nice.

Sent from my SM-F916U using Operation Sports mobile app
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 10-20-2021, 01:29 PM   #35
Rookie

rallew's Arena

OVR: 2

Do you hire and fire scouts based on the strengths and weaknesses each year? Say I have a national scout who’s specialty is scouting LEs but I don’t really need LEs. I need guards and a center for example, but the entire draft class is weak in these positions. I’ve found a decent center who has 2-3rd round projection, and based on his physicals he could very well be worth scouting. I have a scout who specializes in centers and RGs, but is worth having him scout the only draftable Center in the draft?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2021, 01:50 PM   #36
MVP

eric7064's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Instant C1a55ic
Ran through a draft, traded up for a CB in the first and hit really good. He ended up being a X Factor out of the gate.

Missed on my next 6 picks, it was frustrating. I guess I don't know what I did wrong?

Once you hit the combine and pro days, do I go back through and remove guys that have bad skills, and speed/accel is below elite? Do I check for guys that climbed and now have that elite speed/accel? I drafted guys that had "great" speed/accel and strength if called for. Not a single guy was above 70.

I'm not trying to hit on every single player, but 2-3 a draft above 70 would be nice.

2-3 a draft last year was even tough. They lowered many of the rookie generated classes ratings last year. I could routinely draft a few 70+ every year until last year. Alot of the rookies in round 2 are already in the high 60s.

I would go into the draft recap at the conclusion of each draft and see how many 70+ players there even are. Maybe 30ish? Total guess.
Old 10-20-2021, 02:01 PM   #37
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric7064
2-3 a draft last year was even tough. They lowered many of the rookie generated classes ratings last year. I could routinely draft a few 70+ every year until last year. Alot of the rookies in round 2 are already in the high 60s.

I would go into the draft recap at the conclusion of each draft and see how many 70+ players there even are. Maybe 30ish? Total guess.
Way more than that honestly. I counted 6, but that was a user made class. Maybe that's it.

The op says he is hitting a ton every year, not sure how unless he has multiple picks in the first 3 rounds.

I did re-draft as I play offline. I took my time, re-looked over each guys stats that I had favorited, and hit on my first 3 guys. 81 ovr CB with the 4th overall, a 74 ovr RE at 47, and a 69ovr LOLB at pick 79.

Still hoping the OP replies about checking over guys after the combine/pro days. Think I'm still missing steps.

MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 10-20-2021, 04:35 PM   #38
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallew
Do you hire and fire scouts based on the strengths and weaknesses each year? Say I have a national scout who’s specialty is scouting LEs but I don’t really need LEs. I need guards and a center for example, but the entire draft class is weak in these positions. I’ve found a decent center who has 2-3rd round projection, and based on his physicals he could very well be worth scouting. I have a scout who specializes in centers and RGs, but is worth having him scout the only draftable Center in the draft?

Exactly what I am doing. I liken that to having a vast scouting department and depending on the strengths of the class that is the group of scouts I deploy around the country.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 10-20-2021, 04:45 PM   #39
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallew
Yeah, it's definitely good to sift through the few players that are draftable that you shouldn't waste scouting resources on. I mean, if they're highly ranked and have excellent physical traits, they're going to be good.

But, on the other hand, sometimes an elite player will fall over the course of the year, and if you aren't paying attention to that, and haven't set your scouts up to scout their position, you could end up missing on a great player.

The DT I drafted that fell in the draft turned out to be 81 OVR by week 4 and is tearing it up. I found myself an Aaron Donald because I paid attention to the stories, set my scouts to scout what was strong in the draft, and had a hunch.

This kind of story telling you never got with the previous system. Love it.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 10-20-2021, 05:02 PM   #40
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

I'm still early in season 1 of my Franchise but I really hope it isn't a case of every player who falls down the mock draft board ends up being great and the ones who get all the year long praise are busts. An easily discernable pattern like that would be unfortunate.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Operation Sports mobile app

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »