Home

M22 Scouting Tool

This is a discussion on M22 Scouting Tool within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2021, 10:40 AM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: M22 Scouting Tool

Thanks much appreciated

EDIT - Do the stories and actual combine numbers actually impact the draft score in anyway? It sounds like the combine numbers don't (just the Elite, Great, etc). Not sure about the stories. Thanks.

Last edited by burth179; 11-17-2021 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Want to ask another question - avoid a double post
Old 11-17-2021, 02:31 PM   #74
Rookie

Maybe this info is found somewhere else but what are considered good/desired QB/LB Styles?
Old 11-17-2021, 03:10 PM   #75
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bware322
Maybe this info is found somewhere else but what are considered good/desired QB/LB Styles?
My opinion, Strong Arm (traditional) or Improviser/Scrambler (if you want mobility). Key thing would be throw power and speed (if you want a mobile guy)

LB could be any, if you are 4-3 style D probably field general or zone coverage. I'd want speed and hit power (zone coverage if you don't user the guy, if you user the guy zone coverage rating doesn't mean anything). This would also apply to 3-4 MLB.

3 4 OLB is probably going to be an edge rusher type although maybe not always, but you want power rusher or speed rusher. Preferably power all things equal as I find it more effective with the bull rush trait. If they are speed rusher you want swim/spin move traits and good speed
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2021, 04:16 PM   #76
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by burth179
Thanks much appreciated

EDIT - Do the stories and actual combine numbers actually impact the draft score in anyway? It sounds like the combine numbers don't (just the Elite, Great, etc). Not sure about the stories. Thanks.

To that point, would be dope if the PhysScore could point to the combine #s, which themselves either populate as they do now based on the EG/GG/etc. physical estimates OR use combine #s if they are populated.

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues
Old 11-17-2021, 05:52 PM   #77
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aestis
To that point, would be dope if the PhysScore could point to the combine #s, which themselves either populate as they do now based on the EG/GG/etc. physical estimates OR use combine #s if they are populated.
It is possible but would take more work on the thresholds as its detailed numbers rather than genetic statements like Elite. Need to see if fraser is up for it after the grind.

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk
Old 11-17-2021, 05:54 PM   #78
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Also, after a live fire playtest in online league to advanced unrefined only, I think Physcore on QBs needs toning down, projecting too many gems that are jumping multiple projected ranges if OK physicals with big arm (or all elite physicals is like physcore 250+).

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk
Old 11-18-2021, 04:49 AM   #79
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Hello all,

For transparency please find attached an Advanced level filled out scouting tool following the SMLE practice league draft. The real OVR and the drafted position have been filled out also so you can compare where the ScoutScore ranked vs the OVR vs the drafted position.

I drafted purely off ScoutScore and it worked very well with steals with my 1st and 2nd rounders, I got decent value with my QB in the 3rd but his accuracy isn't great - just a physical specimen). In the 4th there was a super rare FB with a story but when drafted he came in with 14 RBK and is a complete bust/project... this was actually a HB story convert and alerted EA to the fact that some minimum thresholds in the generator don't work properly (no player should gen with less than 24RBK). Scored very good value in the 6th with a fast WR and again with a decent DE.

1,30 C Salvador Enriquez, Rank 6, Drafted 30, 71ovr Star Dev
2,30 MLB Pat Hicks, Rank 16, Drafted 63, 72ovr Star Dev
3,30 QB Calvin Jones, Rank 65, Drafted 94, 63ovr Normal Dev
4,30 FB Cam Sampson, Rank 30, Drafted 126, 62ovr Normal Dev (45ovr Blocking Archetype though)
6,28 WR Aaron Moss, Rank 145, Drafted 188, 66ovr Normal Dev
6,30 DE Tony Medlin, Rank 149, Drafted 190, 65ovr Normal Dev

Be aware I made last minute changes to QB PhysScore weightings right before draft as I suspected the Scouting Tool was feeding me inflated projections on UDFA and Day 3 QBs and I was right.

Overall I think the Scouting Tool works well, some high OVR players were drafted high by cpu but with F injury my tool had lowered their value, such as Ron Madigan.

https://mymadden.com/lg/smlepl/draft
Attached Images
File Type: png SMLE Peewee Drafted Example.png (622.9 KB, 184 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip M22 Scouting Tool v1.02.02 Peewee D1.zip (1.15 MB, 31 views)
Old 11-18-2021, 07:27 AM   #80
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Apologies for all the updated versions all the time, to get this out to you quickly we rushed some parts which are now only being picked up AND your guys feedback is the test.

Version 01.02.03 uploaded now:
  • Reweighted PhysScore Modifiers for QBs to bring down over valuation on scoutscore
  • Increased positional importance of QBs from 1.20 to 1.25 to compensate slightly
  • Decreased positional importance of FB, K and P from 0.8/0.5 to 0.35 to better project value at end of draft.
  • Added Teams column & picklist to Board and moved true value to Board - reason here is you can index match the info from MyMadden-Draft and produce post draft graphics for your leagues.
  • Drafted Tab now features Team and Ovr instead of Diff.
  • Refined precombine for throwpower now working properly in Scouting Card.
  • Moved Name column so less clutter in frozen columns... sorry for slight increased difficulty in copy-paste between versions.

Also I'm getting reports that things like picklists are going funny in spreadsheet apps other than Excel, sorry I don't have a fix for this but let me know if you need advice on picklist ranges to reformat.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »