Home

M22 Player Movement (Next-Gen Only)

This is a discussion on M22 Player Movement (Next-Gen Only) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-21-2021, 10:49 AM   #81
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: M22 Player Movement (Next-Gen Only)

I posted an iteration of this in my slider thread but am putting it out here for people to assess for themselves. I've finally gotten through multiple sessions without issues.

The current version of Madden has a really wonky issue where the game can get "sped up". This is caused when the sliders in the main menu (which are tied to the user profile that loads when you start the game) are different than your CFM sliders. To resolve this, we need to ensure the main menu sliders are aligned EXACTLY with the CFM sliders. Quick note: this has NOT been tested for an existing franchise or online CFMs.

This is the process.

1. Enter ALL of your main menu settings and sliders (yes, you will need to save the sliders). (As a quick aside, this should work irrespective of the slider values selected - though some slider setups are just poorly designed and may continue to have issues)

2. Once the main menu settings are completely updated, exit the game entirely and re-start. This will load your updated settings from from your user profile.

3. In CFM, go to the slider screen, hit Triangle (or the corresponding button on XBox) to import the sliders. IMPORTANT: DO NOT hit the reset button or manually change ANY slider values (if you do this, when you exit the slider screen, you will see a save of your madden profile - meaning that you screwed-up). Just import and exit the slider screen.

4. Once you do these steps, you should not need to adjust sliders again. IF you decide you want to tinker with sliders, you need to start over at step 1 (again, do NOT manually adjust sliders in CFM).

EDIT: One other final thing, if you're in an existing CFM, I HIGHLY recommend doing this process BEFORE advancing into the next week on your schedule.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 11-21-2021 at 10:54 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2021, 02:51 PM   #82
MVP

OVR: 19

Thanks a billion Josh, I downloaded the latest update by accident and couldn’t figure out the issue.

Updated the OP.

Again thanks
Old 11-21-2021, 06:31 PM   #83
MVP

timmg's Arena

I noticed when the game is "sped up" my controller doesn't rumble....when its working right my controller rumbles & player movement is better

Last edited by timmg; 11-21-2021 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Edit
Old 11-21-2021, 09:52 PM   #84
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

So after importing the sliders into your cfm, will they stay going forward? Or do you need to do this every time? Also, the important element of this is that the main menu sliders need toatch cfm exactly to preserve the original feel? It's no longer an issue of leaving sliders at default? Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I posted an iteration of this in my slider thread but am putting it out here for people to assess for themselves. I've finally gotten through multiple sessions without issues.

The current version of Madden has a really wonky issue where the game can get "sped up". This is caused when the sliders in the main menu (which are tied to the user profile that loads when you start the game) are different than your CFM sliders. To resolve this, we need to ensure the main menu sliders are aligned EXACTLY with the CFM sliders. Quick note: this has NOT been tested for an existing franchise or online CFMs.

This is the process.

1. Enter ALL of your main menu settings and sliders (yes, you will need to save the sliders). (As a quick aside, this should work irrespective of the slider values selected - though some slider setups are just poorly designed and may continue to have issues)

2. Once the main menu settings are completely updated, exit the game entirely and re-start. This will load your updated settings from from your user profile.

3. In CFM, go to the slider screen, hit Triangle (or the corresponding button on XBox) to import the sliders. IMPORTANT: DO NOT hit the reset button or manually change ANY slider values (if you do this, when you exit the slider screen, you will see a save of your madden profile - meaning that you screwed-up). Just import and exit the slider screen.

4. Once you do these steps, you should not need to adjust sliders again. IF you decide you want to tinker with sliders, you need to start over at step 1 (again, do NOT manually adjust sliders in CFM).

EDIT: One other final thing, if you're in an existing CFM, I HIGHLY recommend doing this process BEFORE advancing into the next week on your schedule.
Sent from my SM-N950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 11-22-2021, 12:08 AM   #85
Rookie

CLORPIOUS's Arena

OVR: 0

Very interesting find. Are there any effects for play now games? Currently testing default 50 sliders to Matt 10s sliders and I can honestly say. I kinda of like default better now
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2021, 05:01 AM   #86
MVP

timmg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
So after importing the sliders into your cfm, will they stay going forward? Or do you need to do this every time? Also, the important element of this is that the main menu sliders need toatch cfm exactly to preserve the original feel? It's no longer an issue of leaving sliders at default? Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Operation Sports mobile app

No it sticks. This 1000% works. As long as the sliders are the same, you're good
Old 11-22-2021, 08:22 AM   #87
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Thanks a billion Josh, I downloaded the latest update by accident and couldn’t figure out the issue.

Updated the OP.

Again thanks
I'm glad you brought this up and we were all able to have some quality discussion in this thread.

Your initial observations and later responses were all helpful in narrowing things down. I still am going to gather far more sample size to ensure things don't fall apart.
Old 11-22-2021, 09:45 AM   #88
Rookie

damion2721's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLORPIOUS
Very interesting find. Are there any effects for play now games? Currently testing default 50 sliders to Matt 10s sliders and I can honestly say. I kinda of like default better now
Yea, what is the effect in play now games? I don’t play franchise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »