Home

M22 Player Movement (Next-Gen Only)

This is a discussion on M22 Player Movement (Next-Gen Only) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2021, 09:52 PM   #33
MVP

timmg's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: M22 Player Movement (Next-Gen Only)

Hey all i did was put everything back to default & it worked. GREAT FIND.

Playing right now online game back to normal.

I have a online franchise gotta change those settings bk to default

Last edited by timmg; 11-16-2021 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Edit
Old 11-16-2021, 10:38 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by damion2721
Great info! Do I delete the game and reinstall it? Or just delete the madden profile?
I only know that a complete reinstall works.

I couldn’t speak on deleting the Profile and/or resetting the Gameplay Sliders , as to whether these processes will accomplish the same as a reinstall.
Old 11-16-2021, 11:45 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
I only know that a complete reinstall works.

I couldn’t speak on deleting the Profile and/or resetting the Gameplay Sliders , as to whether these processes will accomplish the same as a reinstall.
I think the deleting of the profile is the same thing because once you delete the profile and you start playing again it ask you the same questions as it did when you first install the game so I believe all you have to do is delete your profile

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2021, 07:56 AM   #36
Rookie

ShaneTheMaster's Arena

OVR: 2

If this is true, it magnifies the incompetence of the development team. So, basically, we are saying modifying any sliders breaks the entire player movement system on NextGen? Ineptitude is all I can say.
Old 11-17-2021, 08:47 AM   #37
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OK, so I definitely see what Khalib is talking about now. Lots of animations opening-up (d-linemen batting down passes, diving catches, more diversity in running animations triggering), much better foot-planting dynamics, and overall, a very tightly-woven game. I've seen folks ask for video proof. My response personally, stop being lazy and check it out for yourself.

Is the game bugged or something? I don't particularly buy into the theory that the game is bugged - default always plays a more stable game (and sliders usually break more than they help - which is ironic as this was the first year I moved away from defaults). Maybe the game is bugged, maybe it isn't....but the reason why is irrelevant.

Here's essentially what you need to do if you want to see this for yourself.

1. You can go through the profile deletion piece if you'd like; I tried things out both before and after a deletion - I don't believe the profile deletion is highly critical (But I did not have any sliders loaded in the main menu screens and was already running with default settings for assists (i.e. ballhawk on, autoflip on, and all other assists off).) If you have been running with any sliders in the main menu, I do recommend doing a full purge of those sliders and profile just to be safe. (When deleting your profile, do NOT back out of the screen where you delete them...just delete the file and shut down Madden. When you re-boot, you should get the start-up stuff like signing the EULA (if you don't, you did it wrong).

As a quick aside, I highly recommend running with ballhawk enabled (which it is by default) for more diverse pass defense animations/reactions (vs everything being snared out of the air by the AI) across the board.

2. What I did was start a fresh franchise. I did not even go into the slider screen within CFM. I just did the usual stuff I do for starting a franchise and fired into week 1 of the reg season. I only had time to play the week 1 game so I am curious to see how it progresses over time.

I want to make another note from past experiences running default. Don't make assumptions about things like injuries, penalties, etc. "needing bumped" - a lot of times some of these things "work better" when you leave EVERYTHING alone.

As for unanswered questions:

1. Will the impacts of a "leave the sliders alone" philosophy hold true over numerous games? A lot of times, the first game played (regardless of settings) can be very mis-leading. It might not be until 2-3 consecutive games played with a set before you see how it will truly play long-term. This I plan on testing for myself.

2. Can any other slider (i.e. things like injury, fatigue, penalties) adjustments be made and still keep the improved dynamics? My gut says no (or at the very least, you'll begin to suffer diminishing returns). I'm personally not exploring anything here...for me, it is all or nothing.

3. Can this work for existing franchises? Maybe...but you might need to play 2-3 full games with them before you really begin to see the impact. If you just edit them in an existing CFM and dive-in for 5 mins, you're not going to see the impact.

One final thought: Default is just another slider set; it isn't "better" or "worse" than anything else. Play what you have fun with - having fun is the only thing that matters and what is fun varies from one person to another.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 11-17-2021 at 08:57 AM.
Old 11-17-2021, 09:13 AM   #38
Banned

OVR: 21

Regardless of what sliders are used, custom or default, sacks are still overpowered.

The best way to deal with this, although not very popular, is to edit all QBs to at a minimum have Throw Ball Away set to Yes and Force Passes set to Aggressive. Editing player traits, etc is a better approach many times then going down the slider hole.

Does this stop 6+ sack games? No..but you will see fewer of them.

Unless and until EA tweaks superstar and Xfactor abilities, sacks will remain a problem.

Sent from my IN2019 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 11-17-2021, 09:29 AM   #39
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Regardless of what sliders are used, custom or default, sacks are still overpowered.

The best way to deal with this, although not very popular, is to edit all QBs to at a minimum have Throw Ball Away set to Yes and Force Passes set to Aggressive. Editing player traits, etc is a better approach many times then going down the slider hole.

Does this stop 6+ sack games? No..but you will see fewer of them.

Unless and until EA tweaks superstar and Xfactor abilities, sacks will remain a problem.
I've never understood the complaint about too many sacks this year. I haven't seen that at all and I haven't done any ratings edits. Not saying you're wrong or anything...just, it doesn't jive with my experience.
Old 11-17-2021, 09:42 AM   #40
Banned

OVR: 21

It is very evident in CPU vs CPU, which most folks don't play. But that mode does bring to light deficiencies in the logic and gameplay.

Makes sense that those using the sticks may not see it since they can control QB on offense..but should be somewhat prevalent in user defense sacking cpu. In this case, should maybe happen 3 or 4 times per game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I've never understood the complaint about too many sacks this year. I haven't seen that at all and I haven't done any ratings edits. Not saying you're wrong or anything...just, it doesn't jive with my experience.
Sent from my IN2019 using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »