Home

Where's the Road Map? Where's the Live Service?

This is a discussion on Where's the Road Map? Where's the Live Service? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-24-2021, 08:31 AM   #1
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0
Where's the Road Map? Where's the Live Service?

Back in the golden days of summer when the devs still informed us about their plans for Madden 22, their whole mantra was about how Madden is a live service. They said it everywhere and repeated it nonstop. Since launch, we've gotten 2 substantial title updates to fix bugs and we got a half baked version of the scouting update... which has many bugs that haven't been acknowledged or fixed since releasing over a month ago. In Madden 21 we had a road map which set expectations and gave the devs targets to hit for their live service. This year we're getting fewer title updates than ever to fix the large number of bugs in the game and we have no communication about future updates and plans for this "live service"

I am fine with games not updating much after they release - THPS 1+2 is a great example of a game with potential that got abandoned after release. The difference is those devs never said their game was a live service... These Madden devs couldn't get a sentence out without saying live service over and over and yet here we are... 3 months after release... with the same bugs from the beta in June, no communication from the devs, and no idea if they're ever going to fix these bugs or add anything to the game this year.

If this pattern continues through the rest of the M22 cycle, hopefully for next year they learn from all the promises they failed to deliver. The podcasts over the summer were cool at the time, but looking back now we see that most of those new features are still full of bugs, and some of it never even made it into the game (looking at you coaching carousel & playbooks blog).

And if anyone else is frustrated, go look at the gridiron notes section of the EA website... they do a once a week newsletter for Ultimate Team lol. Clearly it's possible for them to tell us what is happening if they want to and they just don't want to. The live service seems dead.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2021, 09:58 AM   #2
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Where's the Road Map? Where's the Live Service?

Penalties before Thanksgiving, in Sim mode, would push this game to new heights.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 11-24-2021, 11:15 AM   #3
Rookie

lilrosati56's Arena

OVR: 3

two words: DRAFT. LOGIC. Needs to be fixed ASAP, it's a total franchise killer for me. There are so many things I like about this game, and things they've improved on. I like the game planning, and practice management. I like the new scouting, I like the newsfeed, they fixed offline sim stats....I can even live with penalties being where they are....but I can't stand seeing CPU teams picking QBs in the draft right after they've already drafted one.

And you're right about the Gridiron Notes constantly being updated regarding MUT Content.....between that, and this site's only MLB The Show content being Diamond Dynasty related, it just makes me sad.
Old 11-24-2021, 11:41 AM   #4
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilrosati56
two words: DRAFT. LOGIC. Needs to be fixed ASAP, it's a total franchise killer for me. There are so many things I like about this game, and things they've improved on. I like the game planning, and practice management. I like the new scouting, I like the newsfeed, they fixed offline sim stats....I can even live with penalties being where they are....but I can't stand seeing CPU teams picking QBs in the draft right after they've already drafted one.

And you're right about the Gridiron Notes constantly being updated regarding MUT Content.....between that, and this site's only MLB The Show content being Diamond Dynasty related, it just makes me sad.
Didn't they say they fixed draft logic every year for the past 3 yrs? They should just admit they don't know their own coding at this point.

Playing:
Old 11-24-2021, 11:57 AM   #5
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

I had a draft in which one team took two QB's in the first round and then Jacksonville took a QB with the 3rd overall pick. The new scouting update completely broke any draft logic they had already (which wasn't much to begin with).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2021, 12:27 PM   #6
MVP

What else is new, many promises, no delivery

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 11-24-2021, 12:32 PM   #7
MVP

tru11's Arena

Why hire people to count the money when you can have the devs do it.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Operation Sports
Old 11-24-2021, 03:37 PM   #8
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Don’t we usually get a patch to kick off the holiday weekend to boot?

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »