Home

"Offensive Weapons" like Deebo Samuel in Franchise

This is a discussion on "Offensive Weapons" like Deebo Samuel in Franchise within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2022, 01:41 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: "Offensive Weapons" like Deebo Samuel in Franchise

If you change Deebo's position to HB you can go into formation subs and sub him into whatever formations that you like. Then you can change Deebo back to a WR but he will still be a running back in the formations you had subbed him into manually in the formation sub screen. This is on PS5. Not sure if it works the same on Ps4. I have noticed he has a tendency to fumble a bit more but that may have been due to his ball carrier stat being at 79. Figured I'd at least pass this info along.
Old 01-28-2022, 01:41 PM   #18
Rookie

Ragnar84's Arena

I’m excited to find this thread because I have been thinking about the switches to make an order to utilize him like in real life. He is so frustrating how complicated it is to implement real NFL strategies into this game because of the limitations on the roster and depth chart and how they label players. They should be no reason that you can’t something in a wide receiver or running back at each position. The same goes on defense with how they label edge rushers compared to left and right linebackers instead of interior or edge. So far behind modern NFL football. Thanks for the great ideas .
Old 01-28-2022, 09:26 PM   #19
Pro

ReturnoftheTmac's Arena

Seems to be a trend that should continue next year with others like The Sun God on the Lions and I'm sure many other teams seeing how the NFL works. Makes sense you want your best playmakers to get touches anyway possible. Hope Madden finds out a way to implement it in the game... don't think it should be too hard, but... ya know EA. That's all I'll say.
Old 01-29-2022, 12:25 AM   #20
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

The answer to this has been in MLB The Show for years, and really shows how far behind Madden is to modern day football. Obviously this would mean having to once again re-do scouting but having Primary & Secondary Positions is needed badly in order to get Madden up to "what we see on Sundays" standards.

Setting Deebo as a WR for his Primary with RB being his secondary position allowing you to use them in those positions whenever you want. This allows us to realistically use a Deebo the way he is actually used in real life. Then you think about what we went through with Orlando Brown where he wanted to be a Left Tackle but we had Stanley, having primary and secondary positions change how free agency works and whether a player signs with you based on what you are signing him to be, etc.

It's time for EA to catch up to modern day Football and give players a secondary position we can assign. This can even be used to set up some of the trick plays we see in real life. I don't think I've ever seen a big guy TD in Madden and we see them in the NFL. Give us Primary, Secondary positions and remove the position limitations too.

Last edited by UFCMPunk; 01-29-2022 at 12:31 AM.
Old 01-29-2022, 12:56 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 11

anyone done the Deebo to TE switch? Any negatives?

Deebo at TE wasnt gunna work cus I can't use him as FB and WR1. So I moved him to RB..

1st game as RB2 and Slot WR1.. 62 yards rushing and a TD. Also had 200 yards receiving with 2 TDs lol

Last edited by kenp86; 01-29-2022 at 10:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2022, 10:04 AM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
The answer to this has been in MLB The Show for years, and really shows how far behind Madden is to modern day football. Obviously this would mean having to once again re-do scouting but having Primary & Secondary Positions is needed badly in order to get Madden up to "what we see on Sundays" standards.

Setting Deebo as a WR for his Primary with RB being his secondary position allowing you to use them in those positions whenever you want. This allows us to realistically use a Deebo the way he is actually used in real life. Then you think about what we went through with Orlando Brown where he wanted to be a Left Tackle but we had Stanley, having primary and secondary positions change how free agency works and whether a player signs with you based on what you are signing him to be, etc.

It's time for EA to catch up to modern day Football and give players a secondary position we can assign. This can even be used to set up some of the trick plays we see in real life. I don't think I've ever seen a big guy TD in Madden and we see them in the NFL. Give us Primary, Secondary positions and remove the position limitations too.
They won't do it because of online head to head play. People will figure out how to exploit it. Online play is what holds the gameplay back because they have to figure out how to keep online H2H somewhat resembling football. Unfortunately, unless they can make the defensive AI better with more recognition capabilities, things like this will probably not be implemented because online players care more about figuring out how to win than playing realistic football.
Old 01-30-2022, 12:26 PM   #23
Pro

ReturnoftheTmac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by toodles2you90
They won't do it because of online head to head play. People will figure out how to exploit it. Online play is what holds the gameplay back because they have to figure out how to keep online H2H somewhat resembling football. Unfortunately, unless they can make the defensive AI better with more recognition capabilities, things like this will probably not be implemented because online players care more about figuring out how to win than playing realistic football.
Maybe they could make it where the secondary positions only can be applied in offline modes.
Old 01-30-2022, 02:41 PM   #24
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by toodles2you90
You can design your sports video game gameplay for H2H User agency/balance or you can design it for mirroring the real life sports. There is a cap on how realistic sports games can be if gameplay decisions are all about competitive play.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »