Home

No New Big Franchise Updates This Year

This is a discussion on No New Big Franchise Updates This Year within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2021, 01:02 PM   #81
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: No New Big Franchise Updates This Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I think some of you (no, not everyone) are going through "Guilt by Association."

Some of the Developers came over to Madden after NCAA closed down production.

Prior to that, some of you were signing their praises on how creative they

were with coaching carousal, HFA, etc....

I am sure for some of the same developers going back to NCAA will be

like fitting in a old shoe.
I just worry bc we all know it’s the suits steering the ship. The individual devs don’t matter much when they have their marching orders. Back in the day I feel like NCAA was a supplement to madden, you could transfer draft classes in and what not. But today with Ultimate team landscape of sports gaming, I’m sure that’s their main concern. I can totally see Dynasty mode being neglected the same way franchise has been, remember back in the day franchise and dynasty mode were really the core pillars of there respective games, today that’s not the case for madden and I see no reason The college game will be any different.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2021, 01:20 PM   #82
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

I was already dissatisfied with and had long stopped playing Madden 22 prior to this announcement, but this certainly is a wonderful cherry on top.

I’ve run out of goodwill for this series.
Old 12-01-2021, 01:42 PM   #83
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCoachDx
Yes, the dynasty mode was outstanding. I hope they bring it back.

I’ve never understood why Madden can’t have that level of depth to Franchise.

The NCAA gaming community on this site, along with the Editing software added a lot of shelf life to NCAA 14. A lot of people invested a lot of time into that game knowing that it was the last college game. The guys who did Revamped just took it to another level. Without the ability to edit with the editing software, many people would have stopped playing NCAA 14 years ago.
Old 12-01-2021, 01:43 PM   #84
MVP

No New Big Franchise Updates This Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
The NCAA gaming community on this site, along with the Editing software added a lot of shelf life to NCAA 14. A lot of people invested a lot of time into that game knowing that it was the last college game. The guys who did Revamped just took it to another level. Without the ability to edit with the editing software, many people would have stopped playing NCAA 14 years ago.

I wish I could get gameplay to be where I want it. It’s either too easy or too hard for all of the wrong reasons. Recruiting, the coaching carousel, all of that was done so incredibly well. I need to try our Revamped.
Old 12-01-2021, 02:49 PM   #85
MVP

SuperSeahawks's Arena

OVR: 14

I'm actually a little surprised they announced this if I'm being honest. Now I do understand the EA is a profit making business first, but this is a dirty move. Only way I can see EA changing their strategy is for the gamers that are already jaded, to completely give up on Madden. Also, if casuals/MUT guys get bored of MUT, they would hurt EA quite a bit with sales and micro transactions. MUT has to get stale at some point for these guys right? Going through the same grind (lol, open up the wallet instead) just to get the same cards year in and year out has to get stale at some point. One can dream though. I'll be skipping Madden 23 and FIFA 23 due to stagnation and having solid, long term franchises in place.

It's sad the game is in this state, because I do like playing Madden 22 and FIFA 22. Took a while to get there with Madden 22, but with the sim stats fixed in the new, half baked scouting in there, I'm enjoying the game. I'm a slow sim player who also uses PTM. I really do enjoy watching a relatively more dynamic game in terms of what the CPU does (TO logic being a little bit better, tipped passes, QB's trying to scramble, aggressive 4th play calls). A bit of a hot take here, but I think immersion/storylines is all on the player to create, not the game. Just by taking the time to pay attention to the league, the storylines kinda write themselves.

I play on going through all 30 seasons of franchise for M22 and all 15 seasons for FIFA 22. I couldn't be happier with the games, even if I wish they were better in so many ways.

PSN: SeahawkFan11OS

GT: SuperSeahawks

Twitch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2021, 02:58 PM   #86
Rookie

OVR: 5
Angry Re: No New Big Franchise Updates This Year

MUT is a cash cow and there is no reason for franchise to be left behind.

I have played this franchise from the beginning and I would have to say for the first time I am out on Madden going forward.

I made a conscious decision to support the game this year because of the franchise updates.

The market is crowded with great games to play. I hate this.
Old 12-01-2021, 03:27 PM   #87
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingblade73
MUT is a cash cow and there is no reason for franchise to be left behind.

I have played this franchise from the beginning and I would have to say for the first time I am out on Madden going forward.

I made a conscious decision to support the game this year because of the franchise updates.

The market is crowded with great games to play. I hate this.
But if you want an NFL “sim” experience, madden is your only option. It’s the reason I continue to buy it second hand even though I know it sucks, I just love football, the nfl and video games
Old 12-01-2021, 04:10 PM   #88
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

I know people will be hyped for NCAA but I'll be interested to see the reception once people realize the game will have 20% of the dynasty features it used to have.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »