Home

No New Big Franchise Updates This Year

This is a discussion on No New Big Franchise Updates This Year within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2021, 10:03 PM   #49
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: No New Big Franchise Updates This Year

I read this earlier and waited to respond, I never blame individual developers that work on games and sure won't start now. I feel bad for guys like Swami and Deuce who have been members of this community for years. Rest assured they know this is corporate BS.

Now EA the company, well if I said how I really feel about them I would deservedly be banned here. They have taken the approach that several other companies have taken and release half baked products and expect their consumers to blindly follow. Which, I for did with Madden 22 and still am having fun with it. However, Madden 23 would need some significant improvements to justify my time and money.

They said in multiple interviews and I think maybe even that making madden podcast that there were 3 areas of content being released for franchise. The scouting was the major on and the other two were going to be smaller (quality of life things I'm assuming) it's really crappy of a company to advertise this and not have the base code written waiting for internal testing before even making mention of it. To not have it ready even partially for someone else to continue is pathetic. To not even make an announcement that resources have been repurposed is insulting. EA as a company has more than earned every negative comment that is made about them.
Old 11-30-2021, 10:54 PM   #50
Rookie

Even if the new NCAA game is based off Madden's engine (which I don't actually mind, I find the gameplay to be pretty enjoyable now compared to where it once was, but that's just one person's opinion), the old NCAA games had things that made them stand out. The Dynasties modes for instance never had the half-assed XP system even when Madden started doing it, and they were at least two different franchise experiences, let alone the smaller things that make the college game stand out compared to the pro version, as was mentioned in an earlier post.

I highly doubt that the two games will be super unique to each other like the old days. It's more likely to just be a complete Madden clone with a college paint scheme rather than a Madden gameplay clone alone, which is disappointing.
Old 11-30-2021, 11:05 PM   #51
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

Lol wow EA. I thought you had finally turned the corner. Shame on me.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2021, 11:15 PM   #52
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilrosati56
Just so we're clear.....after all of that talk and all of that hype and hashtags what has actually been fixed in franchise in the last 2 years?

All we got was a pretty half ***, non sensical scouting update.. people can like it, that's fine, it certainly makes it harder to draft, but to say it's realistic at all is laughable...we still have the following, I would say major issues:

Poor ai draft logic
Penalties don't work
Poor AI cap logic
Poor AI roster managemen
Injured reserve doesn't work right
No 5th year options
No coaching carousel

I rarely ever complain, but I spent$70 and feel completely ripped off right now
Nothing has meaning apart from comparison to something else. What is truly laughable is to claim that it isn’t more realistic than clicking a button three times.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 11-30-2021, 11:16 PM   #53
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Your outrage will mean NOTHING if ANY of you buy the NCAA game. Don’t do it.

But instead, 95% of you will, and this is the group least likely to buy it out of anger.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 12-01-2021, 12:06 AM   #54
Rookie

ijumpedthegun's Arena

Wish I could say I was mad, disappointed, surprised, etc.

I'm not. I haven't touched M22 since a few weeks after the scouting update stopped. Too many immersion-breaking issues in Franchise mode--few immersive storylines, drafting and scouting was still just so-so, CPU AI awful for team management, etc. "The thrill is gone."

I'll probably pick up the new CFB game whenever it's out. Can't say I'm stoked to buy Madden again, though. It's just stopped being fun for me and I've just started to move on.
Old 12-01-2021, 12:14 AM   #55
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

They're not looking for that many people at Tiburon right now if you go by the EA Careers page. Now, that's not always everything because you can't always put up the number you're actually looking for due to internal reasons or only being able to support so many new people at once. But if the rumor is true, I generally go back to just standard iffy planning, which is a mainstay of game dev. Peeps just always underestimate how much time it will take to do X thing, and if you factor in remote work/Covid/general chaos still occurring, it's not that surprising.

As someone pretty keyed in, I also barely remember them saying the "three updates" thing since I really only remember them hyping the first one, but it's not exactly rare for a game company to change/break a promise like that even at the best of times.

This isn't me letting them off the hook, yada yada yada, but considering how little we have been hearing since the first update, this would hardly be surprising if it ends up true.

Last edited by ChaseB; 12-02-2021 at 07:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2021, 12:36 AM   #56
Pro

I traditionally don't weigh in on the development piece, because I'm close enough to it professionally to know that the number of development bodies assigned to a project doesn't scale in a linear fashion the way people think it does. That leads to some unpopular opinions, and everybody's upset enough that none of us need a fight.

So I'll just say this about the product:

I was excited about the franchise updates and the scouting patch as a stepping stone toward something...I liked where it was all going.

I like it all a whole lot less as an end state.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »