Home

I have Franchise ADD.

This is a discussion on I have Franchise ADD. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2021, 12:07 PM   #1
Rookie

Bgrd1080's Arena

OVR: 1
I have Franchise ADD.

I can't for the life of me stick with one team. I tried the Jags but they're so young it seems to easy. I thought Detroit and staring from today but they have so much cap space.

What teams have you enjoyed using the most to rebuild or maybe even just get over the hump. I'd do New England because I love what they are doing, but it's New England, they don't need anymore titles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2021, 12:19 PM   #2
Rookie

Heisman's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: I have Franchise ADD.

Turn the Raiders into a dynasty.
NHL - Los Angeles Kings
MLS - Los Angeles Galaxy
EPL - Newcastle United
Old 12-02-2021, 01:32 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Try a Brown’s franchise, that might be a fun rebuild.
Old 12-02-2021, 01:41 PM   #4
Rookie

MasonOS95's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgrd1080
I can't for the life of me stick with one team. I tried the Jags but they're so young it seems to easy. I thought Detroit and staring from today but they have so much cap space.

What teams have you enjoyed using the most to rebuild or maybe even just get over the hump. I'd do New England because I love what they are doing, but it's New England, they don't need anymore titles.

The packers

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-02-2021, 01:58 PM   #5
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Rebuilds are always fun to sim but not always play. The problem is finding something to be invested in. I used to pick the bottom dwellers in any game and rebuild them then tell myself I was going to play a season out and win a championship with them. It never happens because I am not invested.

If you are struggling to find a team, I would recommend picking a team you are vested in. Your favorite team and play them no matter the situation. Rebuild or contender. A lot of the league is in the middle and can go either way. Create stories for your favorite team and go from there.

Once I returned to my favorite teams, sports games became fun for me again.

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Farming Simulator 22 (PC)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment

Last edited by Funkycorm; 12-02-2021 at 03:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2021, 03:22 PM   #6
Rookie

What I do to stay invested and keep a challenge is run a scheme fit only franchise. It’s a set of house rules I came up with to really cap what I can do in the draft and free agency.

I either will create a coach with team schemes that have the worst possible fit % or be an owner and work with the default coach’s scheme.

I can only:

- Sign free agents with a scheme fit
- Upgrade players only towards the scheme fit. (This guarantees they don’t go up an OVR with every upgrade)
- Draft players that are a scheme fit (not so much the case with Madden 22 scouting system now, but I would only upgrade draft picks towards my scheme now in Madden 22)
- Once a player’s contract is up, if they are not a scheme fit, I do not re-sign them. This opens up the possibility of me having huge gaps at a position next season or draft picks not working out.

This house rule has enhanced my immersion GREATLY. Not every top free agent will be a scheme fit, feel invested in draft picks to get them to be a scheme fit, etc. If you also go the owner route and fire a coach to replace him with a coach with a different scheme, it gives a whole element of roster transitioning.
Old 12-02-2021, 06:01 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Post Re: I have Franchise ADD.

I really like that idea, Bucksweep!
Old 12-03-2021, 04:19 AM   #8
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksweep
What I do to stay invested and keep a challenge is run a scheme fit only franchise. It’s a set of house rules I came up with to really cap what I can do in the draft and free agency.

I either will create a coach with team schemes that have the worst possible fit % or be an owner and work with the default coach’s scheme.

I can only:

- Sign free agents with a scheme fit
- Upgrade players only towards the scheme fit. (This guarantees they don’t go up an OVR with every upgrade)
- Draft players that are a scheme fit (not so much the case with Madden 22 scouting system now, but I would only upgrade draft picks towards my scheme now in Madden 22)
- Once a player’s contract is up, if they are not a scheme fit, I do not re-sign them. This opens up the possibility of me having huge gaps at a position next season or draft picks not working out.

This house rule has enhanced my immersion GREATLY. Not every top free agent will be a scheme fit, feel invested in draft picks to get them to be a scheme fit, etc. If you also go the owner route and fire a coach to replace him with a coach with a different scheme, it gives a whole element of roster transitioning.
To add to this, can only use schemes listed under your HC, OC or DC too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »