Home

Have the menus gotten slower?

This is a discussion on Have the menus gotten slower? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2021, 06:46 PM   #1
Rookie

BodamEscapePlan's Arena

OVR: 1

I swear doing a 32-team Franchise and just getting through the preseason is taking so long. I have no idea why they took out the thumbstick click to switch between coaches/owners and instead you have to go through about three extra menus just to switch between your coaches.

These developers just don't seem to understand or prioritize making the game smooth in any way. The majority of players spend much more time in the menus than in an actual game yet the developers haven't spent nearly enough time in making menu interface any better in years.
NCAAF: NORTHWESTERN WILDCATS
@michaelsbodam | PSN: BodamEscapePlan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2021, 07:51 PM   #2
MVP

Rocket32's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Have the menus gotten slower?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodamEscapePlan
I swear doing a 32-team Franchise and just getting through the preseason is taking so long. I have no idea why they took out the thumbstick click to switch between coaches/owners and instead you have to go through about three extra menus just to switch between your coaches.

These developers just don't seem to understand or prioritize making the game smooth in any way. The majority of players spend much more time in the menus than in an actual game yet the developers haven't spent nearly enough time in making menu interface any better in years.
It’s definitely pretty obvious that the menu’s in Madden aren’t designed with 32 team control offline players in mind at all, and I wouldn’t expect that to change. I usually don’t bother with 32 team control in Madden, finally committed to it this year because of the scenario engine for CPU Teams. It’s definitely an extra time investment.

When I switch off from Madden to The Show, it always gives a little extra appreciation for how fast and simple it is to run a franchise controlling all teams in The Show’s franchise mode.
Old 12-04-2021, 10:49 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket32
It’s definitely pretty obvious that the menu’s in Madden aren’t designed with 32 team control offline players in mind at all, and I wouldn’t expect that to change. I usually don’t bother with 32 team control in Madden, finally committed to it this year because of the scenario engine for CPU Teams. It’s definitely an extra time investment.

When I switch off from Madden to The Show, it always gives a little extra appreciation for how fast and simple it is to run a franchise controlling all teams in The Show’s franchise mode.

Facts bro! Ridiculously slow, definitely makes you appreciate other sports games with easy navigations through the menus

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-05-2021, 12:33 PM   #4
MVP

I am on Xbox on3 so I know nothing of next generation but my menus have gotten slower as my franchise has gone longer. They were already slow to start. I think a lot of this has to do with the ui redesign. It appears to me the game is still running last years ui in the background and then converting it to the new and then converting it back to the old. Not a programming expert but that is what I think.
Old 12-05-2021, 10:22 PM   #5
Rookie

Thought it was just me! Noticed any and all menu's seem oddly slow and laggy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2021, 11:58 AM   #6
Rookie

Ragnar84's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket32

Do you play NBA 2K? Clock thru the MM screens is so quick and you can select all teams when setting up a league. It’s so much faster which is great considering the depth to the my league mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sport

Last edited by Ragnar84; 12-06-2021 at 12:00 PM.
Old 12-07-2021, 08:50 PM   #7
Rookie

BodamEscapePlan's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
I am on Xbox on3 so I know nothing of next generation but my menus have gotten slower as my franchise has gone longer. They were already slow to start. I think a lot of this has to do with the ui redesign. It appears to me the game is still running last years ui in the background and then converting it to the new and then converting it back to the old. Not a programming expert but that is what I think.
That's what I've noticed too! I mean, you still see glimpses of the old menu interface sometimes when you enter/exit menus.

I don't know much about programming or game development but I'd have to imagine that isn't helping things in terms of the slow menus and probably explains a lot about the way things are developed for this game with everything just being tacked onto a horrid foundation.
NCAAF: NORTHWESTERN WILDCATS
@michaelsbodam | PSN: BodamEscapePlan

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »