Home

If you're able to, switching to Madden on PC is your best bet.

This is a discussion on If you're able to, switching to Madden on PC is your best bet. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2022, 06:13 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: If you're able to, switching to Madden on PC is your best bet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Instant C1a55ic
Understandable, however if I am going to put down a decent chunk of change for a gaming PC, it wont be JUST for Madden.

I would find an excuse to get PC exclusive games as well as others, and just like everyone else I would want them to look their absolute best.

I had a gaming PC a few years ago, and mainly used it for RTS games. Once I opted to get in AAA games, I found out my PC couldnt handle it. I spent 1300 on the pc, and after year one I already had to upgrade stuff. My fault for not buying the best off the bat? Probably. But I just stick to my guns and do consoles.

I find that really hard to believe. I built my pc back in 2016 with a 6700k and 1060 6g (a mid range $250 card), i can still play any game today. I'm not playing them at max settings at 4k but i never expected or needed to.

what gpu did you buy that couldn't run a game after one year?
Old 01-14-2022, 06:17 PM   #50
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogunreaper
I find that really hard to believe. I built my pc back in 2016 with a 6700k and 1060 6g (a mid range $250 card), i can still play any game today. I'm not playing them at max settings at 4k but i never expected or needed to.

what gpu did you buy that couldn't run a game after one year?
Couldn't tell you off hand, it's been awhile.

I understand a $500-1000 rig can play many games, I get that. However I would want max settings, the absolute best for every game. Sure, cloud dreams and I know that. Thus why I don't do PC gaming beyond RTS, the sims, and city building.

Sent from my SM-F916U using Operation Sports mobile app
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 01-14-2022, 08:51 PM   #51
Pro

OVR: 4

No reason to derail it with why or why not PC can be affordable to one when the entire discussion is based around what the potential there is for those that have the capability to switch.

TY for the thread Punk Monk. PC community is still relatively small but glad to see that it is starting to slightly get its appreciation and recognition for its potential in the future!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2022, 12:39 AM   #52
Rookie

Yeah it is very odd to see the discussion shift to "not everybody can make the jump to PC for madden" when the title even starts with "if you're able to" lol

I got an upgraded laptop this last year but it probably can't play madden, I've been having fun with being able to emulate PS2 games and working my way towards modding the PC version of 08, but I'm thrilled for the day I can play PC Madden with mods, I've seen videos of Sabo and others work and it seems great. Is slightly concerning how year in and year out the community can provide players with edits that make the game feel like football for a Human vs CPU experience in a way that the devs either aren't allowed to or just don't, but it's incredible that these people also have the passion for it
Old 01-29-2022, 04:52 PM   #53
Rookie

For those who don't venture to the Madden PC forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21

Version 1.0 includes
-Use Tdawgs progression tool without excel
-Edits contracts, sign, and release players
-View historical season data
+ More!

Please make sure to view the README to understand what this is and how it works. Enjoy!

README: https://github.com/Bowersrd/MyMaddenFranchiseRelease
DOWNLOAD LINK: https://bit.ly/MyFranchiseTool

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21

Updated CBS Sports Network and NFL on FOX Network mods to include playoff logos in the top right. Also included TNF Fox in the NFL on FOX package.

Make sure only ONE network mod is loaded at a time. Thanks and Enjoy!!

CBS Sports Network Mod Package
https://mega.nz/file/WN52UKgb#-SLZlx...Uraim83lWMXSg0

NFL on FOX Network Mod Package
https://mega.nz/file/rFZVGQzB#yxfUx4...WAQfKIJbdgcEcI
Old 01-30-2022, 03:14 PM   #54
Pro

Does anyone know if the PC game is exactly the same as the console game when it comes to the internal programming/coding? I guess I'm curious if some, if not all, of these mods, fixes, quality of life updates could be done on consoles if the devs wanted to? If so, it's baffling why the devs can't/won't incorporate some of these changes.
Old 01-30-2022, 08:32 PM   #55
Pro

Cory Levy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Osprey
Does anyone know if the PC game is exactly the same as the console game when it comes to the internal programming/coding? I guess I'm curious if some, if not all, of these mods, fixes, quality of life updates could be done on consoles if the devs wanted to? If so, it's baffling why the devs can't/won't incorporate some of these changes.

No idea personally but I don't imagine they're wildly different.

Regardless of how different the coding is, EA hasn't had any reason to actually improve the game in decades. No competition and no need for any major improvements or changes when the game sells like massive hot cakes every single year (and that's even before you account for the cash the side hustles like MUT brings in each and every year).

It is absolutely embarrassing how long the list of the most fundamental things that Madden Franchise gets wrong that the Modding Community has improved themselves is. The base game can't get Free Agency right yet Modded Madden has big names not only hitting the wire but getting bids from teams? The base game will feature teams drafting multiple first round QBs every year yet Modded Madden fixes that up remarkably well? The base Madden progression system is so lackluster and dull and never features spontaneity or randomness yet the Modded Madden Progression Tool gives every franchise a completely unique world of player development that vastly resembles the real world better.

That's just Franchise mode itself without even delving into how much better the gameplay itself is or how more realistic and immersive the stadiums and presentations are in Modded Madden (not that I can fault the base game itself, it'll never feature licensed channel bugs but you don't have that restriction in the modded world).

Seriously, Modded Madden is a game worth playing and continuing to play. The new MyFranchise tool is just pure insanity and the fact that it's not an actually licensed Madden add on but one that came out of a few people's hard work is just awe inspiring. It's also utterly devastating because it makes you realize how good Madden could actually be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2022, 06:30 PM   #56
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Osprey
I would assume it would all be the same for the most part. Have to remember that EA has to cater to many audiences, so I would assume certain aspects need to be taken into consideration. Obviously the scorebugs couldn't be done by EA if they wanted to. Some of the the legacy issues that EA hasn't fixed is hard to fathom besides they don't want to invest the resources & say good enough. That actually might be their new motto tbh.

Playing:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »