Home

When will we receive a True Next Gen experience?

This is a discussion on When will we receive a True Next Gen experience? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2022, 01:31 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: When will we receive a True Next Gen experience?

Not until there is competition and Madden has to compete for customers again.
Old 01-14-2022, 02:52 PM   #18
Rookie

Been gone 5 yrs and I'm just wondering if this worth playing?
Old 01-14-2022, 04:57 PM   #19
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49UNCFan
I mean we still the same legacy issues. Bad 2 minute drills, Kicking FG's from mid field. Snow looks the same as PS4 with higher quality assets. Yes the game is better then the PS4 version but still feels more like a patch.

2k22 next gen vs current gen I can really tell a difference.

The lighting for the stadiums in Madden are the same also. Dark on one side of the field and vibrant on the other.
I get what your saying man but I might be one of the only ones that thought madden 21 next gen was a game changing improvent in terms of realistic movement realistic pace realistic slowed down animations next gen stats etc!! I was actually hyped for Madden 22 and I was shocked how much it regressed back to last gen movement!! the warping game speed unrealistic outcomes etc ruined it for me!! I am not one to praise madden but I enjoyed madden 21 and still use that as my football fix!! the youtubers complained and the movement got changed back!!’but they were on the right track last year I just dont get EAs decision making !! IMO madden 21 next gen was definently a next gen experience!! the regression has nothing to do with chip shortages in house development because of covid yada yada its about decisions made by EA for maximum revenue period!!
Old 01-14-2022, 05:27 PM   #20
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
When will we receive a True Next Gen experience?

Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
the regression has nothing to do with […] covid
Coronavirus has turned the entire video game industry on its head and it continues to rock the whole damn planet, so I have absolutely no idea how one might assert that it has had no bearing on the people working at EA Tiburon who are tasked with building Madden NFL.

Let’s have some human sympathy for what’s going on in the world outside our front door, maybe?
Old 01-14-2022, 06:18 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
He's probably referring to when Madden will be next gen exclusive. I could be wrong so I won't speak for him. At some point these games will be discontinued for last gen. I don't see that happening anytime soon though because people still can't go into a retail store and purchase next gen console whenever they want to.
but they already are, effectively.

Ps5/xbsx is a different version of the game than previous consoles.

Just like the madden 16/17 were different on ps3/360 from ps4/xbone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Coronavirus has turned the entire video game industry on its head and it continues to rock the whole damn planet, so I have absolutely no idea how one might assert that it has had no bearing on the people working at EA Tiburon who are tasked with building Madden NFL.

Let’s have some human sympathy for what’s going on in the world outside our front door, maybe?
I mean sure maybe at the start but since working from home became a big thing i think that is used as an excuse.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2022, 06:29 PM   #22
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogunreaper

I mean sure maybe at the start but since working from home became a big thing i think that is used as an excuse.
I am not so sure about this one.

My wife would prefer to work at her physical work area, but won't go

back because they require people in mask.

People to people interaction is very under rated.
Old 01-14-2022, 07:25 PM   #23
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe

what does human sympathy have to do with anything and how exactly did you draw that conclusion. and I see and deal with covid on a daily basis so please don't go there!! we can differ on opinions no problem but when I see games progressing and capture whole audiences I cant give EA a pass especially when these issues were present pre covid!! making the decisions to tout franchise updates and then not deliver in a timely fashion is a EA decision especially when we putting rugrats in the game!! scaling back next gen movement reintroducing warping and nerfing penalties aint a covid issue its a EA decision!! Whether they are in house developing or remote developing there developing!! every gaming company is dealing with it and two of note are thriving and improving their games!! Like I said stating a opinion is all good but assuming especially about covid and what a person deals with on a daily basis is reckless and condescending which at this point I expect . If you going to expect people to buy your product at full price deliver point blank!! if covid is hindering that process to the point the product is not up to full price par own it discount it and dont make promises you cant deliver within a reasonable time frame!! No disrespect champ its all good!!
Old 01-15-2022, 03:24 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49UNCFan
As of now Madden feels more like a patch. When will we see real Next Gen weather, lighting, animations, A.I.?
It’s Ea WE’LL NEVER GET TO EXPERIENCE TRUE NEXT GEN! Heck 2K and MLB The Show is more True gen than Madden. Don’t believe me? Their player likeness on MLB the show and 2K alone blows Madden out the water.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »